Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    I personally do not think that the mother necessarily plays such a significant role in cognitive development - siblings are often very different from their parents and each other (I don't even share my my parents' quadrant)...it is actually the socion as expressed in society that makes the strongest impression. By Oedipus Complex I was referring to the triumph of the superego over the id.
    The mother is an archetype which is identified with the 3rd function. Yes, I know not Freuds ideas... looking too much into Freud is dangerous, and will lead you astray. The man was fixated on sex to the point of irrationality.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    The mother is an archetype which is identified with the 3rd function. Yes, I know not Freuds ideas... looking too much into Freud is dangerous, and will lead you astray. The man was fixated on sex to the point of irrationality.
    Does that occur in both boys and girls?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a theory about the Id and Ego... I don't know about the Super-Ego or Super-Id yet.

I think that perhaps in Socionics, the Id is actually part of a type's motivations, but it's not the part that's consciously acknowledged or thought about. People tend to deny their Id in favor of their Ego, because the Ego relates to their sense of identity. When they listen to their Id, they're operating on instinct, on an unconscious level.

Using Ego functions usually does feed the Id functions to some degree, but without having to engage them directly or consciously, which allows the person to experience more psychologcal comfort than they normally would.

It's even possible that the Id functions are STRONGER than the Ego functions, but they have to be repressed, because they operate in a very instinctive fashion that cannot be molded to be socially appropriate, or permit a sense of personal identity. The way these functions would be used, also, would differ greatly from how they would be used as Ego functions... the manner would be more spontaneous and less conscious/clear.

Does that make sense?