Thread: Digging Deeper to Verify Self-Typings

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Digging Deeper to Verify Self-Typings

This post may help those of you who are interested in verifying/digging deeper into your own self-typings.

For years I’ve considered my Socionics typing IEE, (Fi-ENFp.) My understanding of Socionics has grown up around it, e.g. my understanding of inter-type relations and other Socionics types…

Several weeks ago, several forum members made observations about how I might not be IEE… At first, I thought “who do these ppl think they are?” lol—but their observations made me curious, so soon I began to investigate.

The truth is, as long as I’ve considered myself IEE, there have been unresolved problems w/ the typing, including:

*I have never had any close Delta friends, nor have I ever been in a relationship with a Delta. Throughout my life, almost all of my friends and relationships have been with Betas, (and every now and then an Alpha...) My best friend in high school was ILI…
    *The person with whom I experienced as close as I could describe as ‘duality’ was a Ti-ESTp.
    *My previous company’s co-founder was IEE—his personality is very reminiscent of the actor Jude Law’s—and we had many misunderstandings. The other co-founder was LSE, and there was not a moment we got along.
    * I do relate to well to forum members of other types, particularly IEIs and SEIs.
    *An IRL example: my previous Co-worker was Ni-INFp and we got along very well—no misunderstandings whatsoever.

These quirks were enough to cause me to review Socionics theory. In doing so, I reviewed the traits associated with the Renin Dichotomies. To unbias my evaluations toward IEE—I admit I’d hoped to confirm my self-typing of IEE—I reviewed the info “blindly,” without knowing which traits matched up with which dichotomies. In doing so, I picked:

Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic
    Farsighted=Carefree (I agree with points in both descriptions… So much that I can’t say I agree with one over the other.)

Review: In reviewing my answers, it's become to clear to me that I disagree with many of the Renin traits associated with IEEs.

Conclusion: I still need more time to investigate... But if I am IEE, this is pretty peculiar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    This post may help those of you who are interested in verifying/digging deeper into your own self-typings.

For years I’ve considered my Socionics typing IEE, (Fi-ENFp.) My understanding of Socionics has grown up around it, e.g. my understanding of inter-type relations and other Socionics types…

Several weeks ago, several forum members made observations about how I might not be IEE… At first, I thought “who do these ppl think they are?” lol—but their observations made me curious, so soon I began to investigate.

The truth is, as long as I’ve considered myself IEE, there have been unresolved problems w/ the typing, including:

*I have never had any close Delta friends, nor have I ever been in a relationship with a Delta. Throughout my life, almost all of my friends and relationships have been with Betas, (and every now and then an Alpha...) My best friend in high school was ILI…
    *The person with whom I experienced as close as I could describe as ‘duality’ was a Ti-ESTp.
    *My previous company’s co-founder was IEE—his personality is very reminiscent of the actor Jude Law’s—and we had many misunderstandings. The other co-founder was LSE, and there was not a moment we got along.
    * I do relate to well to forum members of other types, particularly IEIs and SEIs.
    *An IRL example: my previous Co-worker was Ni-INFp and we got along very well—no misunderstandings whatsoever.

These quirks were enough to cause me to review Socionics theory. In doing so, I reviewed the traits associated with the Renin Dichotomies. To unbias my evaluations toward IEE—I admit I’d hoped to confirm my self-typing of IEE—I reviewed the info “blindly,” without knowing which traits matched up with which dichotomies. In doing so, I picked:

Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic
    Farsighted=Carefree (I agree with points in both descriptions… So much that I can’t say I agree with one over the other.)

Review: In reviewing my answers, it's become to clear to me that I disagree with many of the Renin traits associated with IEEs.

Conclusion: I still need more time to investigate... But if I am IEE, this is pretty peculiar.
    This must be what you call ...investigative journalism.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* The other co-founder was LSE, and there was not a moment we got along.
    i can relate to this somewhat too.... i've found Delta friends to be too simple for my liking early on that i pursued some betas but betas last only temporarily without conflict. Again and again i would make my biggest progress in delta. That said, there are deltas i do not get along with. These are honest observations. Perhaps we are unattracted to simplicity only to make way back to it after some time having realized all other avenues have failed for the most part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    aristocratic, imo SLE or IEE.
    i've always had a bit of an SLE vibe about him which i couldnt explain other than to say a superego reaction but i think IEE would be the better overall fit of the two. I have a hard time seeing IEI.SEI seems more likely but that too has limitations.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious alpha/beta
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static IxFp
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic beta
    damn...you're my identical, lol?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    some betas but betas last only temporarily without conflict. Again and again i would make my biggest progress in delta.
    hmmm.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juju is not IEE. I have been fairly sure of this since seeing the video of him. I think ESE and EIE are the two best options, personally; I had thought of myself as blatantly "P" for a long time, but the kind of "irrationality" that I think a lot of people identify with is really just Fe: acting on impulses/emotions/inner reactions rather than being more calculated and plan-oriented. This is mostly mythology that has still managed to survive from Myers-Briggs.

Again, I think the most plausible types for Juju are EIE and ESE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Juju is not IEE. I have been fairly sure of this since seeing the video of him. I think ESE and EIE are the two best options, personally; I had thought of myself as blatantly "P" for a long time, but the kind of "irrationality" that I think a lot of people identify with is really just Fe: acting on impulses/emotions/inner reactions rather than being more calculated and plan-oriented. This is mostly mythology that has still managed to survive from Myers-Briggs.

EXACTLY! someone else who agrees. nice.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu, a lot of the process you're describing here reminds me of what I felt when I (and unefille) were retyping.

While I cannot claim I was attached to LSE for years, I certainly built my entire understanding of the functions around what I then saw were 'my' functions. Which means that yes, my system made a lot of sense to me, and I didn't really recognise the disconnect between what I was seeing as, for example, Te, which was actually an expression of Ti analysis. So I guess I'm saying - I recognise how hard it is to have to just throw away your entire understanding of the system, but rebuilding it was far less difficult that I thought.

ahaha, WORD. And then they turned out to be right. Thwarted!!

Please don't take this as a dismissal of your ability to type other people, but if you did the same thing that I was doing, which was understanding Socionics through your type, the possibility of mistyping people is great. And even if that didn't occur at all, which may be the case, I don't know how strong an emphasis you should place on inter-quadra relations. And I know, I'm saying this as someone who has their dual as their best friend - but other than her, my other closest friends are ESE and ILI. Most of my relationships seem to involve Gamma SFs. By this I guess I'm trying to say that interpersonal relationships are so often influenced by factors completely aside from personality traits.

I know you've said elsewhere that particular IEE descriptions were always the most accurate for you. I think this says more about the level of generalness of the descriptions really - how nuanced can the differences be with types that share the same strong functions, particularly ones written in another language? I've said this before, but the LSE descriptions still ring true for me - but that doesn't make me an LSE.

I was also convinced that unefille had to be an irrational type, based on the temperament descriptions. Her mood swings, her flightiness, her changeability - I thought these were all indicators of irrationality. But EIE in particular, I believe can come across that way because of its Fe base. The fact that those features of hers didn't actually piss me off as much as comparable behaviour of people I now know actually are irrational does should have tipped me off. But what can I say - that was the least of my misconceptions! So I guess, don't completely strike EIE as a possibility off the list just because it's a rational type.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

afaik, the main issue he has with ESFj is this sort of "i don't have a Ni polr." which, i'm not very sure of myself (that he actually has one.) although i think it's very reasonable. i think at this point i'm willing to throw out IEE completely and guess that he should be a ego type for sure.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand how I'd come across as ESE in those videos. (If it's not obvious, I'm pretty high in both of em, lol.)

The other night, I spoke with Implied about how I could be ESE--and yeah, it'd be a HUGE STRETCH to say that I have a Ni Polr... Also, it'd be a huge stretch to say I have Si in my ego block... I watch my ESE Mom drown in Ni whenever I see her... I'm positive that I'm not ESE.

EIE is a better fit, as Gilly and Idolatrie pointed out... I agree with you, Gilly, about Fe looking irrational... One of my best friends is EIE--you remind me a lot of him, actually--and he is one scatter-brained son of a bitch... (So am I.) When we're together, he does all of the talking... I'd have a hard time believing we're identicals--he's more expansive than me by a lot... Now that I'm reading the description of mirror relations, that'd make a hell of a lot of sense... Te polr makes more sense for me, personally, than Si polr.

@ Implied, did you read any of that screenplay? If you have time, maybe check out a page or two--maybe in the middle, after the thematic ball is rolling--and see if you can pick out any functions I'm using..?

I'm not willing to "throw out" IEE yet... Hell, I won't throw out any types... I want to try to make this make sense.

Thank you to everyone who has replied... To those who sent PMs, thank you--I will reply later--unfortunately, I have class now.

@unefille... Your friend Scorpio--I relate to that VERY MUCH... The ppl who would get upset at him--it sounds like how my Dad reacts to me... If I am INFp or ENFj, I would definitely be the Fe subtype.

@idolatrie... I agree with you about typing ppl incorrectly b/c of, potentially, typing yourself incorrectly... The ppl I listed--I believe that those are accurate typings. (I re-typed them recently hehe--and these new typings make WAY MORE sense than the original ones.)

P.S. I find the INFp and ENFp Stratishgcvgbh.jh.fgy descriptions fit me best... I've read her ISFp, INFp, ENFj, ESFj, ESFp, ENFp, and INFJ descriptions... It's amazing to me how similar the problems for each XNFp type are, at least as she describes them...
    Last edited by JuJu; 09-23-2008 at 06:07 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    afaik, the main issue he has with ESFj is this sort of "i don't have a Ni polr." which, i'm not very sure of myself (that he actually has one.) although i think it's very reasonable. i think at this point i'm willing to throw out IEE completely and guess that he should be a ego type for sure.
    If we work on this premise, how would we go about narrowing down the types, i.e. what questions could we ask to get to the true type?

For example, the questions you asked me about ESE, (which led me to believe that I wasn't ESE...) Which questions could be asked for the other Fe ego types, so as to eliminate or validate them?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're correct about the types of the people you get along with or don't, then you probably aren't IEE. But if you're confused about typing which is causing problems with self-typing, that same confusion could cause problems with the typings of others.

I wouldn't worry about those Reinen dichotomies. Those things suck. The names for them are misleading, and they're very hard to see in yourself. It took a long time of trying to figure out the difference between "static" and "dynamic" for me to see myself as really static. Same with "negativist" and "positivist" or whatever. I am a basically positive, optimistic, person so I assumed I couldn't be a negativist, but that's not what that dichotomy is about. Those things are so vague and confusing that they're pretty useless.

I think you're an F type, as you seem to be strong in both Fe and Fi. I don't have a problem at all with the IEE typing, but if you are consistently getting along with Betas more than Deltas, that tells me there's something wrong. Again, assuming you're typing those people accurately.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wrap my mind around all these changes. I've tried typing people IRL by comparing them to various people on the board (i don't get out much) and I'll think 'hey, yeah, that really fits!' and then that person on the board switches types to something completely different. Hmm. This isn't about me, I realize, but it's really throwing me off here. Continue..

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hard-pressed to believe that Justin would actually enjoy a beta atmosphere on a consistent basis. But maybe he could elaborate on this, specifically in regards to Se seeking.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I am hard-pressed to believe that Justin would actually enjoy a beta atmosphere on a consistent basis. But maybe he could elaborate on this, specifically in regards to Se seeking.
    Just throwing this out there...I think the typical idea of what "Beta atmosphere" is happens to be totally warped, but I'm willing to hear what you think this means.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand how I'd come across as ESE in those videos. (If it's not obvious, I'm pretty high in both of em, lol.)
    I thought so!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by "Gilly
    Just throwing this out there...I think the typical idea of what "Beta atmosphere" is happens to be totally warped, but I'm willing to hear what you think this means.
    It's not about yelling vulgarities and shit. I just think he would be drained by constant usage of Se - real Se; not aggression or any of that shit. But I'll wait for his explanation.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about yelling vulgarities and shit. I just think he would be drained by constant usage of Se - real Se; not aggression or any of that shit. But I'll wait for his explanation.
    yes. i agree, it's not necessarily about those stuff. then what is it? in your opinion?
    i'm curious too.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drinking beer and having sex.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    drinking beer and having sex.
    And gambling! LOL
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that's what people think of gamma
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does that mean that's what gamma is? o_O

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    yes. i agree, it's not necessarily about those stuff. then what is it? in your opinion?
    i'm curious too.
    A way of processing certain types of information regarding the environment and whatnot, a way of interacting with it. Se is divergent, discrete, and takes things in in their raw form. The focus is solely on the magnitude of the impulse for a given object - nothing more. This tends to manifest in a focus on the immediate sensory qualities of things, and a general understanding of the physical variables and how to manipulate them. In all of Justin's videos, he does not convey any of the body language that I associate with Se, nor does he appear to be processing things in that way. It seems more like he is using Si to ossify his connection with the environment and create a physical continuum. This is evidenced in his smoother bodily movements and an overall demeanor which suggests a more balanced way of dealing with the environment. Look at how he reacted around sean; super ego was clear. Sean's discrete, sharper movements and demeanor (and speech patterns - interruption) would seem to catch Justin off guard, perturb the continuum that he was focusing on - Si. I don't see him as my identical, even if he was an Fe subtype (which would only enhance his focus on Se, which doesn't work), for multiple reasons, the above-mentioned being one of them. And where's the Ni?? What, is he good with predictions or some dumb shit like that? His facial movements and energy seem to suggest an Ne focus - on the correlations and semblances between things in the external world; not the internal connections that are processed in subjective-imagery form - he's not that internally focused or ignoring of his surroundings. He doesn't appear to focus on the Se bare form, but rather the inherent form/possibilities, which he seems to want to explore and expand upon. And his energy levels work better with the EP temperament. I don't see why people are making such retarded suggestions based on some ostensible behavior that supposedly means Fe and the fact that he's had beta friends (or so he says). I don't see him using beta functions. Period.
    Last edited by strrrng; 09-23-2008 at 11:18 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE interesting.....but does he see this as a realistic possibility ?

Justin, do u see yourself anything like CP3 ?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni, I believe, is something I'm good at--even if it's not my base function... (Which is why ESFj makes no sense.) To be honest, in college, I majored in art history b/c I really enjoy immersion in it--seeing myself as part of that continuum of ideas/imagination... It's also why I write everyday. I've written screenplays, short stories, journal everyday, etc... Most of my time, I spend alone. I'm more comfortable being alone than being with ppl. (This is not to say I don't like being with friends--I really do.) Reading and writing and listening to music occupy most of my time though. (Sometimes I do homework hah)

As to those videos, it'd probably help if I made some videos where I wasn't high out of my mind.

@strrrng: you have told me multiple times--and I agree--that functions are about info metabolism... Thus 'Facial movements connoting function X... And function Y continuum...' Frankly, I'm not sure that those videos are the best to judge things like that The Sean one and the other one, for the above mentioned reason... Are there some questions I could answer that could help determine my facility with the info elements in question (vs. the other ones?) You know what I mean?

One reason I began questioning the ENFp typing is b/c I don't relate the the 'expanding on possibilities' description.

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    Justin, do u see yourself anything like CP3 ?
    I'll have to watch a few interviews and get back to you

P.S. jessica... LOL@ur avatar!!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem w/ EIE seems to be: the inter-type relations don't add up... That is to say, the ppl whom I KNOW are correctly typed--ppl in my family, my best friends... The relations don't add up.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@strrrng: you have told me multiple times--and I agree--that functions are about info metabolism... Thus 'Facial movements connoting function X... And function Y continuum...' Frankly, I'm not sure that those videos are the best to judge things like that The Sean one and the other one, for the above mentioned reason... Are there some questions I could answer that could help determine my facility with the info elements in question (vs. the other ones?) You know what I mean?
    Yes, functions are about information processing, and how one processes information is subtly evidence in facial/bodily movements (especially with Si and Se).

The question I have is: what do you think Ni is and how/why do you see yourself using it?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asking > Declaring
    Merry> Serious
    Emotivist>Constructivist
    Dynamic>Static
    Decisive>Judicious
    Tactical>Strategic
    Yielding>Obstinate
    Rightist>Leftist
    Positivist>Negativist
    Aristocratic>Democratic

You know I have never really considered you to be a Delta anyway. You seem much more Beta NF in my opinion (probably IEI).

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only type other type I could possibly see is IEI. You remind me a lot, a lot of an IEI friend of mine. EIE just doesn't fit well enough, in my opinion. I don't have the knowledge to analyze what shapes are in your ego-superego-1st function-3rd function-blah blah blah but I can't see EIE...at all.

Hey wait, come to think of it you remind me a lot of Gilly. Hmmm.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...seriously? He seems too, like...good.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by "Gilly
    ...seriously? He seems too, like...good.
    you're a badass lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i kno lol

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Justin is actually pretty badass, lol. Sure, he has a nice smile and likes to maintain a positive atmosphere, but judging from tidbits I've managed to detect some undercurrent on in his posts, I'd say there's something there that most people don't see.

As for me, there's no question
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Cyclops

I used to be pretty sure he was ENFp, but with an emphasis on Fe- the emphasis being there for whatever reason (like for instance focusing on it more due to being around lots of Fe types like his ESE mother and his dorm mates.) Paying more attention to stuff I have to say I think it's more likely that Fe is indeed in his ego. Hmm, hope you come to a definite conclusion over it JuJu.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's pretty clear that he's been through some shit in life.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cyclops: I appreciate it... You're helping me. Thank you.
    @Huitzilopitchli... That's interesting... I'm wondering what made you think Beta NF>Delta NF.
    @Jessica... Could you please describe the IEI guy..?

I think Justin is actually pretty badass, lol. Sure, he has a nice smile and likes to maintain a positive atmosphere, but judging from tidbits I've managed to detect some undercurrent on in his posts, I'd say there's something there that most people don't see.
    @strrrng and Gilly: I'm aware of how I come across--I feel like I can control it... You're perceptive though... I don't tell ppl much about myself b/c in the past personal info has been used against me... So let me come across as "good" online (lol) you know..? If you want to know about anything, I'll be very honest w/ you on AIM.

This is not to sound patronizing, Nick, but you remind me a lot of myself at 20 or so... From your overall attitude down to the way you keep a work-out routine. (I never plan my day--but if I don't work-out almost everyday I go nuts.)

@strrrng: you asked--what do you think Ni is and how/why do you see yourself using it?

I don't wanna give you some definition from some webpage, so I'll give examples... This is what I attribute to Ni... Knowing when to act to get the maximum benefit--or when not to, to avoid bad situations... It's knowing when ppl are weak... Knowing when it'd be best to strike; likewise, when it would be a bad idea to strike... It's knowing which direction opinions/thoughts are going (in general and w/ specific ppl)--and being able to use that for benefit... It's having confidence that your assessments are correct... It's knowing what's a waste of time, (ppl, activities,) and what's not; (for example, what other consider 'laziness' can be very beneficial to me.)

The best analogy I can think of right now: it's feeling the rhythm of a song and knowing how the song is gonna progress/end... I can use that understanding to act in the most beneficial way--or to help/hurt others--to maximize benefits... This sounds asshole-ish... Again, I'm being honest b/c I want to get to the bottom of this typing.

I'd attribute this to Ni too: the ability to see the essence of a problem/the meaning of a given [anything]... The minutiae, which a lot of ppl are into, (anthropologists lol) seems like clutter... Ni distills it, gives you the ability to see the problem/anything 'from above,' the gestalt.

Ni: the reason I studied art history at N'western is two-fold--I knew it applied to me--looking into the past like that enabled me to see 'my place' in time, in history... It gave me models, (literally and figuratively lol.) Also, thinking of faraway places, times, (my specialty was baroque Italian art history...) Awesome.

Acid makes Ni go nuts... Weed to a lesser degree... Heroin is Ni's best friend--bad friend... The way drugs effect Ni (or what I've attributed to Ni) has always been very interesting to me.

Writing and storytelling allow me to do what I like most... Get to the heart of matters in a creative way... If any of the good Socionists want to read any of the fiction I've written, I believe they'd be able to tell pretty quickly what type I am... Delta or Beta or Alpha.

I've gotta go interview the police chief now... I will be back here later so any responses will be appreciated.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just seem more reserved than ENFps, and less quick to jump to conclusions or be impulsive in general. While I do see some -valuing in what you say, your actions seem to imply an overall attitude of . You are also very 'self'-conscious and that implies .
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-24-2008 at 09:45 PM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not to sound patronizing, Nick, but you remind me a lot of myself at 20 or so... From your overall attitude down to the way you keep a work-out routine. (I never plan my day--but if I don't work-out almost everyday I go nuts.)
    Cool

I don't wanna give you some definition from some webpage, so I'll give examples... This is what I attribute to Ni... Knowing when to act to get the maximum benefit--or when not to, to avoid bad situations... It's knowing when ppl are weak... Knowing when it'd be best to strike; likewise, when it would be a bad idea to strike... It's knowing which direction opinions/thoughts are going (in general and w/ specific ppl)--and being able to use that for benefit... It's having confidence that your assessments are correct... It's knowing what's a waste of time, (ppl, activities,) and what's not; (for example, what other consider 'laziness' can be very beneficial to me.)

The best analogy I can think of right now: it's feeling the rhythm of a song and knowing how the song is gonna progress/end this concrete metaphor only reaffirms an Si preference lol... I can use that understanding to act in the most beneficial way--or to help/hurt others--to maximize benefits... This sounds asshole-ish... Again, I'm being honest b/c I want to get to the bottom of this typing.
    I don't think any of that is what Ni is inherently about.

I'd attribute this to Ni too: the ability to see the essence of a problem/the meaning of a given [anything]... The minutiae, which a lot of ppl are into, (anthropologists lol) seems like clutter... Ni distills it, gives you the ability to see the problem/anything 'from above,' the gestalt.
    That's generally right. But Ni doesn't view things "from above" as you say. It centralizes, concenters, essentializes (here come the criticisms lol). The internal essence is the focus, and the resulting patterns/processes are extrapolated from there. It works backwards, from the inside out. And how exactly do you see yourself utilizing this method of information processing?

Ni: the reason I studied art history at N'western is two-fold--I knew it applied to me--looking into the past like that enabled me to see 'my place' in time, in history... It gave me models, (literally and figuratively lol.) Also, thinking of faraway places, times, (my specialty was baroque Italian art history...) Awesome.
    This isn't Ni-related IMO.

Acid makes Ni go nuts... Weed to a lesser degree... Heroin is Ni's best friend--bad friend... The way drugs effect Ni (or what I've attributed to Ni) has always been very interesting to me.
    lol....*remembers weed sessions with friends*

Writing and storytelling allow me to do what I like most... Get to the heart of matters in a creative way... If any of the good Socionists want to read any of the fiction I've written, I believe they'd be able to tell pretty quickly what type I am... Delta or Beta or Alpha.
    I would actually really like to, as it is very easy for me to spot the Ne/Si and Ni/Se styles of writing.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Huitzlipotchli... That's interesting... What you notice about impulsiveness is one of the things that caused me to re-examine my type (vs. e.g. tereg.)

I don't think any of that is what Ni is inherently about.
    Those are personal examples--nothing inherent... obviously, each person will manifest a function differently... E.g. ENFJs Gilly and Kristiina.... ENFps Slacker Mom and tereg (and me, if I am one.)

That's generally right. But Ni doesn't view things "from above" as you say. It centralizes, concenters, essentializes (here come the criticisms lol). The internal essence is the focus, and the resulting patterns/processes are extrapolated from there. It works backwards, from the inside out. And how exactly do you see yourself utilizing this method of information processing?
    I'll go into this when I get back from interviewing this police chief... I understand what you're saying... If what you write is the essence of it, then I relate to your defintion quite a lot.

I would actually really like to, as it is very easy for me to spot the Ne/Si and Ni/Se styles of writing.
    I will send it to you...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast