Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you experience Ne?

Please be as descriptive as possible. The more perspectives, the better.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good:

I come up with lots of ideas of things to do, places to go, all that kind of thing. I don't get bored because if I have some time I can think of 30 possible things I'd like to do. If I have trouble, it's deciding among the 30 things. I need my husband's help deciding between them because I can't figure out which is best, so I bother him at work too often. "What do you want for dinner? We could have X, or Y, or Z, or maybe A but we had that not too long ago, or I could buy some B and find something to do with it, or we could just get takeout but then would be get C, or D, or E, or F? Or do you just want to go out because I have a coupon from G. And H sounds good too." Ok, so that isn't all good. But we don't get bored anyway.

The bad:

If my husband is late from work and I can't reach him on his cell phone I come up with 100 scenarios of terrible reasons he could be late. He's been in an accident. He's off with another woman. You name it, it could have happened. My husband thinks it's hilarious when I think he's with another woman. I think he considers it to be an ego boost. I have figured out that he stops with friends at this bar on the way home sometimes and he doesn't get good reception in there. He's learned to call me before he goes there so I expect to not get his cell phone. But then, maybe he's just saying that so he can go off with another woman, right? See, there it is again. I am suspicious and jealous. And he oddly likes it. I've annoyed other guys because of that issue. An ex said, "If you really loved me, you'd trust me!" Yeah, right. . . That sounds like bullshitting from a cheater to me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    The good:

I come up with lots of ideas of things to do, places to go, all that kind of thing. I don't get bored because if I have some time I can think of 30 possible things I'd like to do. If I have trouble, it's deciding among the 30 things. I need my husband's help deciding between them because I can't figure out which is best, so I bother him at work too often. "What do you want for dinner? We could have X, or Y, or Z, or maybe A but we had that not too long ago, or I could buy some B and find something to do with it, or we could just get takeout but then would be get C, or D, or E, or F? Or do you just want to go out because I have a coupon from G. And H sounds good too." Ok, so that isn't all good. But we don't get bored anyway.

The bad:

If my husband is late from work and I can't reach him on his cell phone I come up with 100 scenarios of terrible reasons he could be late. He's been in an accident. He's off with another woman. You name it, it could have happened. My husband thinks it's hilarious when I think he's with another woman. I think he considers it to be an ego boost. I have figured out that he stops with friends at this bar on the way home sometimes and he doesn't get good reception in there. He's learned to call me before he goes there so I expect to not get his cell phone. But then, maybe he's just saying that so he can go off with another woman, right? See, there it is again. I am suspicious and jealous. And he oddly likes it. I've annoyed other guys because of that issue. An ex said, "If you really loved me, you'd trust me!" Yeah, right. . . That sounds like bullshitting from a cheater to me.
    Looks like you don't like having options. You want one way it's done and that's that. ...I got it: the complement to duty is convention. Consider the scenario you described of getting something to eat: you had all those options but didn't know how to decide between them. None seemed better than the other, but for the coupon, which maybe turned the balance. But if you knew that one food was better than the rest, you wouldn't have to choose, would you? Then on basis of that best food you could practice the same routine over and over, and get optimal reward with none of the hassle.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite description of Ne:

A constant array of possibility. Viewing in parallels. If you say cowboy, I go: hat, spurs, horse, horseshoe, lucky, clover, field, daisies, driving, wild, west, cowboy.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good:

The bad:

why don't u trust him I trust my boyfriend.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I experience Ne as a little nagging voice (normally worldly) that goes "why is (s)he wrong!? You could be wrong! You can't just assume that whatever people do is wrong if it differs from what you do. You live your life and don't try and impose on anyone else's because their way of life might be right". Immensely frustrating.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan View Post
    why don't u trust him I trust my boyfriend.
    Aaaah, but SHOULD you trust him? LOL

No, really, I do trust him. It's like I know he won't cheat, but my mind won't give up the possibility anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaaah, but SHOULD you trust him? LOL

No, really, I do trust him. It's like I know he won't cheat, but my mind won't give up the possibility anyway.
    Imagine if he did... With some disgusting EIE...

Or WORSE

An LSI.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your assistance was useful; here's what I came up with.

First some background:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=21385

The Ne specific bit:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=21386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ne can be understood by understanding the Se and N. All the Ne dominants are also Se dominants. The Se is about having the look dominantly outside; seeing, hearing, and at the Ne the same thing happens in imagination, in memory, in visual memory, the Ne being visual (the Ni isn't dominantly visual but the N-memory).
    INTp

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request