Thread: Why Ne-dominant types prefer recently discovered fields of study

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why Ne-dominant types prefer recently discovered fields of study

At least, one possible reason: the fields were established recently enough that someone with a very general set of knowledge from all sorts of different fields (i.e., the kind of knowledge Ne types excel at) can contribute a significant amount of new and constructive material. As time goes on, fields get more specific and require a greater amount of specialization to come up with something new in that field. Ne-dominant types don't like to specialize too much (there's so much else they could be doing), so they lose interest and move to something else where they can contribute more (including concepts they just learned in the other field).
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does identifying with this make me an Ne dominant?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes

I pity your souls

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Does identifying with this make me an Ne dominant?
    It does, unless you spend at least two hours a day working on cars. Then you can still be SiTe.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    It does, unless you spend at least two hours a day working on cars. Then you can still be SiTe.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Rick have a blog entry suggesting this? I'm not positive but I think so.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure - if he did I don't remember it but it's possible. I do remember he mentioned that Ne dominant types like to explore new fields, and that's what was the starting point for the OP (me contemplating why).

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i identify with it and i don't spend two hours a day working on cars. but i do spend many hours a day USING all of the new stuff i love learning about. the library is my best friend. one reason i loved working in one for so many years. it was a drug, the endless stream of new information... also why and how i homeschool my kids, on new and interesting streams of information that come from their natural inner desire to learn.

this is beginning to lean me toward delta lately with hubby being beta. maybe opposing quadras make better lovers?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i identify with it and i don't spend two hours a day working on cars. but i do spend many hours a day USING all of the new stuff i love learning about. the library is my best friend. one reason i loved working in one for so many years. it was a drug, the endless stream of new information... also why and how i homeschool my kids, on new and interesting streams of information that come from their natural inner desire to learn.

this is beginning to lean me toward delta lately with hubby being beta. maybe opposing quadras make better lovers?
    Do you think you would be ENFp > ENTp, dbmmama?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's also the possibility that I have no idea what I'm talking about

I pity your souls

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    This I doubt. I could see how it could be a little more broad than just Ne-doms though. Like I feel I do this, but it's not sustainable at all. Like I get pulled in then I'm all "What now?".
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    haha! everything's a possibility!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think you would be ENFp > ENTp, dbmmama?
    only leaning that way right now. this is too much fun trying to figure it all out to actually pick a type. it's like it would end my brain's "party."

edit: and like elro's idea here, until the next new idea/theory comes along that excites my brain more. at that point, i'll be gone from here. lol

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    only leaning that way right now. this is too much fun trying to figure it all out to actually pick a type. it's like it would end my brain's "party."

edit: and like elro's idea here, until the next new idea/theory comes along that excites my brain more. at that point, i'll be gone from here. lol
    Well, ENFp and ENTp seem really likely in my mind for you now. I'd probably give the nod to ILE-Ne just because here you seem more vividly expressive, but, heh, that doesn't mean much (that could go either way actually). You definitely seem much more like an extroverted type big on the Ne. I could conceivably think ESE was still in the realm of possibility, but it's kind of far out there. On the other hand, I really try to avoid typing people I haven't met these days (or feel I know very well).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, ENFp and ENTp seem really likely in my mind for you now. I'd probably give the nod to ILE-Ne just because here you seem more vividly expressive, but, heh, that doesn't mean much (that could go either way actually). You definitely seem much more like an extroverted type big on the Ne. I could conceivably think ESE was still in the realm of possibility, but it's kind of far out there. On the other hand, I really try to avoid typing people I haven't met these days (or feel I know very well).
    i hear ya. today i was toying with Ne HA instead of ego. i'm going now to read more on that one.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm not Ne-dominant, but I identify with it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Didn't Rick have a blog entry suggesting this? I'm not positive but I think so.
    If this is the blog entry that I am thinking about, then I think he also suggested that is what ultimately kills and boggles the subject down. ( PoLR bias, Rick? ) I cannot be sure if it is the same one, but I do recall reading something on the blog along those lines. It may have been in relation to the study of Socionics though.

Elro, I do think that your idea has merit.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about this sort of thing is that most people are generally lazy to begin with, and rarely ever want to put the time and effort into specializing to such a strong degree in a particular thing. Thus, the whole thing begins to seem daunting, and the future prospects and potential of the project less appealing. Then you start thinking...I have better things to do.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."