Thread: Privacy

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Privacy

wondering about the theme of personal privacy in types. how it is handled, thought of.

i think they way Thom Yorke handles questions that to him, are private, is interesting. At 1:01 he does strike me as Fe in his delivery. its a real smile.

i consider myself a very private person but someone who is extemely open to others..I've been told my disapproval of things is very visible when i make a pause after being asked something, but i've also experienced where i've been quite successful in shrouding my feelings, sometimes even unintentionally. When I am asked invasive questions I might respond as Yorke does, but probably with less gusto. just wanted to see if others have tied any of their behavior regarding what is private to them, to a type or socionic category.

Edit: boo everyone who thinks he might be INTp. he is INFp.

and i'm not saying that being private is fe or anything. the way he is handling these questions seem to be influenced by certain beliefs and values, but his delivery does strike me as Fe.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 08-27-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ how he seemed to pretty much verbally bitch slap the interviewer.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's so cute when he smacks down the question. Like when he gets really angry about something, I bet it's super effective. His body posture indicates he doesn't like to be interviewed at all either, or at least not by that man. I frequently cross my arms like that when I'm around people that are making me uncomfortable which is 95% of the time lol.

He acts like how I do in real life pretty much.

I'm proud of him for standing his ground. =D

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, that turned me off a lot. You can be "private" but there's nothing wrong with having some tact and being polite about it. He is a celebrity, learn how to tactfully decline those answers you KNOW you're going to get asked. The guy is just doing his job, why be an ass about it? Attitudes like that piss me off. If I were the interviewee and someone talked down to me like that, no matter their "status"--off with the camera, done with the interview, goodbye.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel it was wrong for him to react that way too, but at the same time I can understand his frustration. No doubt after dealing with the media for years and years would you not become sick and tired of the relentless questions regarding essentially private matters, a situation of privacy that you've reiterated upon countless times. In that regard, I don't really slight him for reacting that way. Besides, maybe he's had past experiences that might signal that anything other than a firm, rude approach will not work with the media. He does seem to hint in the video that such things have caused him to stop allowing interviews before---if not about privacy issues, they would no doubt be about general issues that come about when dealing with the press. It was rude, yea, and he shouldn't have reacted that way nor treated him with such disrespect, but it's understandable too.

As far as type is concerned, I would suppose it would really be more to do with your aim in the whole celebrity world rather than type, although it seems to me that---and I don't know why, probably just a general experience---that perhaps IJ types and Fi valuing types may be more inclined to be private in general. Really though, I'm uncertain as to how far it can be associated with type.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand his frustration but there is no reason to be such an ass about it. You are a celebrity, wtf do you expect? It's like the Lohans and the Spears or whatever..constantly being shocked and suprised people are interested in their life. You chose to put yourself in the spotlight, you need to deal with the fact these questions will come up. I have very little patience for people who can't even show some common courtesy to others. All he had to do was politely say he didn't want to answer the question and move on. His life making millions is just SO hard he can't answer a question regarding the very career that has made him millions. What a pompous asshole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Radiohead. Love, love, love, love, love these guys....BUT...Thom is a real wanker when it comes to interviews. I've met the guy in person and he's a nice guy, but he treats the media like crap when they are only trying to do their jobs. The other guys in the group at least are cordial and treat the media with respect.
    INFj

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me of Maynard from Tool. UGHHH

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an ass. It's nobody's business? It sure as hell is. He's a public figure and he's making good money at it, and as a public figure, questions specifically related to what he's making money at - ie his band - are very much his fans' business. They weren't asking personal questions. They were asking questions about his work, and he was being interviewed about his work, and he's only famous and interesting and wealthy because of his work.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    wondering about the theme of personal privacy in types. how it is handled, thought of.

i think they way Thom Yorke handles questions that to him, are private, is interesting. At 1:01 he does strike me as Fe in his delivery. its a real smile.
    huh? so you're saying that people with weak and devalued Fe can't have real smiles?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cOfiZjxTd8

i consider myself a very private person but someone who is extemely open to others..I've been told my disapproval of things is very visible when i make a pause after being asked something, but i've also experienced where i've been quite successful in shrouding my feelings, sometimes even unintentionally. When I am asked invasive questions I might respond as Yorke does, but probably with less gusto. just wanted to see if others have tied any of their behavior regarding what is private to them, to a type or socionic category.

Edit: boo everyone who thinks he might be INTp. he is INFp.

and i'm not saying that being private is fe or anything. the way he is handling these questions seem to be influenced by certain beliefs and values, but his delivery does strike me as Fe.
    how was the delivery Fe? what believes & values are you referring to??
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    What an ass. It's nobody's business? It sure as hell is. He's a public figure and he's making good money at it, and as a public figure, questions specifically related to what he's making money at - ie his band - are very much his fans' business. They weren't asking personal questions. They were asking questions about his work, and he was being interviewed about his work, and he's only famous and interesting and wealthy because of his work.
    not really, if he chooses to make it "nobody's business", all that's gonna happen is people aren't gonna interview him as much.
    less exposure, less popularity?

anyway, he's Se valuing i think.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    huh? so you're saying that people with weak and devalued Fe can't have real smiles?

how was the delivery Fe? what believes & values are you referring to??
    please tell me if you disagree. I am not saying that they cannot have real smiles, but i do not wish to give an explanation without context as I am not as good at that as others. Your posts make me believe you will be critical, which when combined with my inabilities will prove inefficient for conversation. so i would prefer you set the rules for what you are looking for before i answer.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner View Post
    I love Radiohead. Love, love, love, love, love these guys....BUT...Thom is a real wanker when it comes to interviews. I've met the guy in person and he's a nice guy, but he treats the media like crap when they are only trying to do their jobs. The other guys in the group at least are cordial and treat the media with respect.
    yes i thought you might love them from your name.

now please PM me about your meet with this man who i will never have

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I can understand his frustration but there is no reason to be such an ass about it. You are a celebrity, wtf do you expect? It's like the Lohans and the Spears or whatever..constantly being shocked and suprised people are interested in their life. You chose to put yourself in the spotlight, you need to deal with the fact these questions will come up. I have very little patience for people who can't even show some common courtesy to others. All he had to do was politely say he didn't want to answer the question and move on. His life making millions is just SO hard he can't answer a question regarding the very career that has made him millions. What a pompous asshole.
    exactly.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please tell me if you disagree. I am not saying that they cannot have real smiles, but i do not wish to give an explanation without context as I am not as good at that as others. Your posts make me believe you will be critical, which when combined with my inabilities will prove inefficient for conversation. so i would prefer you set the rules for what you are looking for before i answer.
    wow. no. i just wanted to know why/how you arrived at your conclusion that he's INFp.
    INTp
    sx/sp