Thread: EJs: Non-activity

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EJs: Non-activity

Everyone likes to relax in their own way, and that isn't in question (...or, maybe it is).

What happens when your relaxation - associated with non-activity - turns into boredom?

Do you feel out of sorts with your 'world' and find the need to be doing something stimulating, physically, emotionally, mentally, or otherwise, or do you find that your constitution nevers lets you get to that state in the first place?
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, of course, everybody gets bored I think.
    How do I deal with it? Depends on the situation. I rarely have absolutely no work to do - even though there might be work that is due in 2, 3 weeks, so not urgent at all. When I don't, I try to take up an intellectual interest I haven't had enough time to develop properly: a book I particularly wanted to read, a subject I wanted to understand deeper, etc
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though I'm not an EJ, I find that they're most susceptible to overworking and the incapability to relax. Essentially, relaxation for a Si PoLR does not occur unless they are completely out of energy. For a Si creative, it has to be planned relaxation, otherwise they can't deal with it. (However, I have known Si PoLRs to succumb to planned relaxation; they just can't relax for long.)