Thread: The Secrets of the Universe Explained (not kidding)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Secrets of the Universe Explained (not kidding)

I was recently playing through La Pucelle Tactics, when I noticed something that applied specifically to subconscious types. One attack by a woman who was particularly preachy (a character specifically described as an avatar of the goddess of light) featured a series of lighting bolts that at first appeared to be striking at random, but gradually their frequency and direction began to resemble the outline of a five-pointed star. At this point in the attack, a holy text appears in the midst of the lightning, followed by the appearance of a well-formed star diagram overtop of the aligned lightning: the holy word gives substance to a naturally appearing phenomena.

I just thought this a profound demonstration of how the subconscious type thinks. Relational patterns exist between energized bodies on basis of whether or not they offer dualizing energies; socionics is one such system. These patterns are naturally occuring and exist everywhere in nature. Because they are patterns, they have no genuine meaning. It is the role of the subconscious type to present them as having a definite meaning, and thus make us conscious of them. The meanings given are only as concrete as the empirical evidence available to the proclaimer, however. To the degree that the immediate situation changes, or especially, is reinterpreted, the original meaning is obscured.

Chris Angel, host of the show Mind Freak, is a prime example of a subconscious type. In one segment, Angel demonstrates how unethical subconscious types can scam people by playing on their expectations. He performs a tarot reading, and amazes his clients by the "veracity" of his statements. Chris Angel may not understand how he states his client's fortune with such conviction, but we do: all of these things shall come to pass, because they exist only as hoped-for relations in the mind of the client. Consider for example the experience of anima: as a young person, one attempts to find mates onto which the internal mate image easily projects. When the mid-life crisis is passed, however, the divine union (syzygy) is acheived internally via a change in one's processing of duality; thus, the client will most likely find what they are really looking for. Chris Angel knows this from experience, and uses this awareness to confidently prophesy the eventual wholeness of his client. It's difficult to say what Chris Angel really knows about as regards relations, because to the non-subconscious type the way of duality is somewhat of a personal mystery. However, we can distinguish between his intuition -- which he as a subconscious type possesses unusually strong personal understanding of -- and what he can actually correspond those intuitions to in concrete terms, the latter being information we are in fact all privy to due to our shared cultural context.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    :raises glass to mouth:
    :slinks back in chair:
    :drinks a sip of brandy:
    :raises cigarette to mouth:
    :takes long puff:
    :looks at tcaudilllg:
    LOL. Well, the secrets of those mysterious religious texts, anyway. Like Chris Angel says, it's just a matter of expectation: you will see what you want to see. Just like reading Jung in modern times, with the significance of his times barely implicit anymore. Was Jung talking about things timeless, or things specific to his age? We don't know, but we'd like to think he was talking about things that are relevant to us, just as Christians want to believe Jesus was talking specifically to them.

The secrets of the universe, my friend, lie in your own mind. The only question is which concepts are connected to which others, and for that matter, how we come up with concepts in the first place.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You're all fucking arrogant morons.

Creepy-bg

Be nice to eachother, try not to start wars. Enjoy a nice beverage from time to time.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    You're all fucking arrogant morons.
    I'm not having sex with anyone at the moment.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    Be nice to eachother, try not to start wars. Enjoy a nice beverage from time to time.
    Or...

Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try to live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I'm not having sex with anyone at the moment.
    Oh well...sex maybe probablyisn't everything in all likelihood.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've further refined my understanding of subconscious types.

Wild Arms 3 has as its theme the relationship of the characters to life and the pursuit of living. (we know that life is a matter of vitality, as per the 5th function's definition) There are more subconscious types in this game than I have seen in any other, including the three antagonists. These characters exhibit traits of radicalism and subconscious orientation; they claim to have the Word of the Gods and specialize in the control of life. This is the vital theme: control.

How does one control something? By studying the logic of these characters and then intuitively comparing these reasonings to Jung and to Jesus, I have observed that common thread in all three descriptions: yes, archetypes are important, but the archetypes speak only of the objects that are expected, not the relations. It turns out, that the reason both Jung and Jesus were capable of speaking with authority on human nature is that duality is the most powerful force in the world. When your supply of duality is threated, you fight for it; it is a forgone conclusion that you will. That the elements themselves will fight each other for duality -- indeed, it is the only reason conflict is waged, for this capacity to process energy -- means that through experience one can calculate, in advance, what others will do, and too, how energy will behave. Most of us do not concentrate on duality; rather, we try to shore up the dual energies we have already and thus sustain both our lives, and our psyches by keeping our consciousness energized. The subconscious type observes how other people and things relate to each other on basis of duality. They are always doing this, watching people, how they behave. Taking a look back at Jung's work, it was by the exact same method that Jung deduced the existence of psychological types: people had patterns of relationship which were persistent, and when faced with this problem or another responded predictably; thus the theory of types could be asserted by him in a time when most others were flocking to Freud. Freud saw that people were drawn to sex; Jung observed the consequences of their not getting it. He also saw what happened afterward, in minute detail. All of this, without the aid of any previous models.

Jesus is another case in point. "If your eye should offend thee, then cast it out, for it is preferable to lose your eye than to have your whole body cast into hell." The functions, as we've previously discussed, are ever at war. What does it mean when a function exerts itself towards the processing of information for its dual, only to see that information clash between the life and death aspects thereof? The information and the energy are both expended in the clash, and wasted. The passage from above makes this point clear: do not devote your energy to a cause which will sqander it, and leave you with nothing; again, the same point made: "do not cast your pearls before swine". Jesus exhalts himself as the ultimate dual object: the fount of life, the great reward. Jesus appeals to his disciple to follow his path, observing that if duality is granted in kind, then it will be received in turn if discretion has been applied.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 08-08-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Crazedrat: I think you're one of these types, in fact. I've seen a lot entries in scientific journals which concentrate specifically on all the ways that things are connected, without exploring the connections themselves in any observable depth. Do you understand what I mean? Certainly you're an unusual specimen as far as INTps go, of whom I've known many.

One more point: when you take the fullness of subconscious thinking into account, it become apparent how the massive parallelisms of thought that are shared between members of a given psychic domain exist; and to a lesser extent, the very substance of common sense. Certainly we think of the teachings by charismatic subconscious types as "common sense", but if this were true then why were they revered when they first appeared?

I cannot deny that our own actions on basis of awareness of supersocion theory are subtly reshaping the world around us. The reason for that, I believe, is that we accept the theory as true and thus, modify our thinking around it. This means that we may offer confident solutions to situations in which the existing cultural understanding is unclear, and too, feel uncertain about issues that others feel confident about -- all on basis of our understanding of personality. A subconscious type which observes us acting as such immediately observes that there must a convincing argument for positions which they were already mindful of, but uncertain about. Thus, our mere participation in society on basis of our unique understanding -- anchored on Model B -- radiates change within it.

One more point: mainstream psychologists observe this type as having mystique, however their understanding of it is limited due to their ignorance of model B.