View Poll Results: What is Katy Perry's type?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 5.00%
  • ESE (ESFj)

4 20.00%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 5.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

6 30.00%
  • SEE (ESFp)

3 15.00%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 5.00%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 5.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

3 15.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Katy Perry

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    there is nothing in that video that makes me think "not IEE". And I can very much relate to when she said she tried everything she could but sometimes things fail anyway. Where's the Se-seeking? What she said was pretty much that she's a dreamer in private life and at work and this keeps her going cause she believes in fairy tales. I think many people of various types and quadras have reached in their lives a moment when they're having a breakdown but still need to "go on stage" of their life and push through, keep on going and there's nothing beta about this to me, it's quite universal actually.
    Yeah, sorry, I really do think she's EIE but I probably didn't give the best examples or explanation.

I think there's something particular about the way she pushed through that situation that seemed Se-seeking to me; however it's probably too specific or an example. She reminded me a bit of this EIE guy I knew in school, who would do things like... come to class very poised and participate perfectly in discussion even when the SLI teacher had pretty much wrongfully accused him of being a pretentious, shitty student. Once he had stomach flu and apparently went out in the middle of class and puked, then he came back and was just as poised/contributing as before. This is stuff that struck me as interesting b/c I personally would a) not even care about "pushing through" in a circumstance like that (the stage example is a bit different b/c it's more...important, I guess) but b) wouldn't be able to manage that of sheer level of control of my emotional presentation.

That being said, I don't know it's too much to extrapolate off one person like that, plus it's true that she could be another type and exhibit those traits. Also I linked the wrong video though. but I can't seem to find it anymore... I watched it on the internet a while ago.

I do think she's EIE though, in general her Fe is so strong, it's like a filter that everything else needs to pass through first. She's jokey in a way I associate with beta > alpha b/c she's totally lacking in Si, a bit more heavy hitting, not at all "maternal." These are not the best explanations though. All my explanations are basically just "she is what I have come to recognize as EIE" lol.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ps- russell brand... ile, amirite?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    This. And as for bright colours, it's just an association I have. I associate Alpha with anything new and bright and shiny.
    i actually associate beta as "bright and shiny," it's like, more of a pure stream

maybe not "new." "new" is Ne, obviously. ;P

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    ps- russell brand... ile, amirite?
    I've watched a lot of Katy's videos now (and not because I love her so haha) and I agree, in my opinion she is EIE. She is very poised and controled in public interviews, almost seems uptight, but gets really playful and inapropriate "backstage". She's a lot like me, only louder.

And lol about the puking classmate. I would totally leave, puke my heart out, came back and pretend nothing happened and try to look elegant (while worrying if there's puke in my hair ).

Russell has always confused me. I love him and find him hilarious, but I kinda don't see EIE for him I would definitely say EP and Ne-dom, ILE makes most sense. But I won't be a smart-ass cause I really don't know and everybody seems to type him EIE...

But LSI for Perry is just...no

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I've watched a lot of Katy's videos now (and not because I love her so haha) and I agree, in my opinion she is EIE. She is very poised and controled in public interviews, almost seems uptight, but gets really playful and inapropriate "backstage". She's a lot like me, only louder.

And lol about the puking classmate. I would totally leave, puke my heart out, came back and pretend nothing happened and try to look elegant (while worrying if there's puke in my hair ).

Russell has always confused me. I love him and find him hilarious, but I kinda don't see EIE for him I would definitely say EP and Ne-dom, ILE makes most sense. But I won't be a smart-ass cause I really don't know and everybody seems to type him EIE...

But LSI for Perry is just...no
    Haha what's really funny about the puking student is that I *also* had stomach flu, probably from the same meal... I didn't even go into class that day at all. I heard the story of his enormous feat from others lol.

She is super poised and controlled, to the point where I admire it like "how is she managing that??"

as for russell I watched a bunch of his videos at some point... despite the fact that they are manic I found them vaguely calming... that's when I was like "oh gawd, ILE." plus he's incapable of finishing a single thought and generally doesn't seem overly attuned to the emotional states or preferences of others. he just steamrolls right over...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shes way too fluid to be a j. It's almost like she can't stop moving. Looks down to check those feels, pushy, very aggressive and very impacting fashion style, looks like a SEE to me.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha what's really funny about the puking student is that I *also* had stomach flu, probably from the same meal... I didn't even go into class that day at all. I heard the story of his enormous feat from others lol.

She is super poised and controlled, to the point where I admire it like "how is she managing that??"

as for russell I watched a bunch of his videos at some point... despite the fact that they are manic I found them vaguely calming... that's when I was like "oh gawd, ILE." plus he's incapable of finishing a single thought and generally doesn't seem overly attuned to the emotional states or preferences of others. he just steamrolls right over...,,
    I adore Russell, he makes me rofl. And he's so smart (swoon). Totally a guy I would fall for, but he would have to work on his higyene before anything could happen haha. Yeah, I have NO idea where people see Fe in him...I mean, he just throws out hilarious ideas one after another or goes on long tangents, he's like on another plane of existence.

What's interesting is that while I adore crazy out of control no shame guys, I always feel a bit uptight compared to them, like I have to "save face" in public. And it's now through this videos that I start to see the difference between temperaments. At first when I thought of Katy Perrys videos, I thought clear IEE or SEE, but then I saw how uptight she really is in interviews.Hm, makes me wonder about my temperament .

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I adore Russell, he makes me rofl. And he's so smart (swoon). Totally a guy I would fall for, but he would have to work on his higyene before anything could happen haha. Yeah, I have NO idea where people see Fe in him...I mean, he just throws out hilarious ideas one after another or goes on long tangents, he's like on another plane of existence.

What's interesting is that while I adore crazy out of control no shame guys, I always feel a bit uptight compared to them, like I have to "save face" in public. And it's now through this videos that I start to see the difference between temperaments. At first when I thought of Katy Perrys videos, I thought clear IEE or SEE, but then I saw how uptight she really is in interviews.Hm, makes me wonder about my temperament .
    aww I totally agree about russell's hotness, also the "i'd be dying a little if i took someone like that out into public"

i don't know about your temperament, darya. i think you're really + inducing no matter what temperament, but for the sake of your spiritual socionics journey i hope these comparisons are edifying.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

aww I totally agree about russell's hotness, also the "i'd be dying a little if i took someone like that out into public"

i don't know about your temperament, darya. i think you're really + inducing no matter what temperament, but for the sake of your spiritual socionics journey i hope these comparisons are edifying.
    Oh hun, thanks so much. I share the same feelings for you Haha totally know what you mean and I feel like some lame guy for saying this but : "Maybe not marriage material" My granny would have a stroke if I brought someone like that home and my well-meaning, but oldschool LSI dad would think I'm dating a fairy

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hun, thanks so much. I share the same feelings for you Haha totally know what you mean and I feel like some lame guy for saying this but : "Maybe not marriage material" My granny would have a stroke if I brought someone like that home and my well-meaning, but oldschool LSI dad would think I'm dating a fairy

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me! lmao

seriously, I do

edit: this thread took an interesting turn, lol

...that's kind of great, actually.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually associate beta as "bright and shiny," it's like, more of a pure stream

maybe not "new." "new" is Ne, obviously. ;P
    It's all subjective.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah after seeing that video, I think she's EIE too.
    Idk, can't see LSI in her, she's one of the following in my book: ILE, IEE, EIE or SEE
    interestingly this explains a lot with regard to my self-typing, lol. No wonder I couldn't see myself as IEE for a while when I had a girl acting exactly like Perry in the above video typed as IEE (and I just ended up thinking "ok maybe she's IEE-Ne and that's where the difference is from") while she's definitely the same type as KP.

Yeah, sorry, I really do think she's EIE but I probably didn't give the best examples or explanation.

I think there's something particular about the way she pushed through that situation that seemed Se-seeking to me; however it's probably too specific or an example. She reminded me a bit of this EIE guy I knew in school, who would do things like... come to class very poised and participate perfectly in discussion even when the SLI teacher had pretty much wrongfully accused him of being a pretentious, shitty student. Once he had stomach flu and apparently went out in the middle of class and puked, then he came back and was just as poised/contributing as before. This is stuff that struck me as interesting b/c I personally would a) not even care about "pushing through" in a circumstance like that (the stage example is a bit different b/c it's more...important, I guess) but b) wouldn't be able to manage that of sheer level of control of my emotional presentation.

That being said, I don't know it's too much to extrapolate off one person like that, plus it's true that she could be another type and exhibit those traits. Also I linked the wrong video though. but I can't seem to find it anymore... I watched it on the internet a while ago.

I do think she's EIE though, in general her Fe is so strong, it's like a filter that everything else needs to pass through first. She's jokey in a way I associate with beta > alpha b/c she's totally lacking in Si, a bit more heavy hitting, not at all "maternal." These are not the best explanations though. All my explanations are basically just "she is what I have come to recognize as EIE" lol.
    yeah, I think you're actually right and I was wrong yesterday. She is EIE.
    Last edited by aisa; 06-10-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow all these typings of IEE and EIE make me realise how much influence marketing has on people

Those gimmicky props etc are not really her at all - they're used to sell her.

She comes across to me as definitely not dreamy in the slightest, in fact, the first thing I would describe her is down to earth.

I just see so much Se from her, she has such conviction in everything she says that you don't get from EIEs and IEEs. She's abrasive and straight to the point.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotDoingWork View Post
    Shes way too fluid to be a j. It's almost like she can't stop moving. Looks down to check those feels, pushy, very aggressive and very impacting fashion style, looks like a SEE to me.
    She moves too much for a IJ and she doesn't show the Se creative body posture control obsession. It's not exactly my picture of SEE (uhm those who are iconic for me are a bit more sexy), but that seems a way more likely type.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    Wow all these typings of IEE and EIE make me realise how much influence marketing has on people

Those gimmicky props etc are not really her at all - they're used to sell her.

She comes across to me as definitely not dreamy in the slightest, in fact, the first thing I would describe her is down to earth.

I just see so much Se from her, she has such conviction in everything she says that you don't get from EIEs and IEEs. She's abrasive and straight to the point.
    I know that someone will say that - that her goofy antics are not her at all. I'm really too lazy to argue at this point, but you can discredid everything you want with a comment like that (and with a patronizing one how marketing effects us dumb people)- I can say for example she was paid to act a certain role on an American Idol. Don't you think they talk about how one judge has to come off and how the other, how they set feuds between them, it's all more or less staged..

You will see real Katy Perry only when you will know her in private And even that's questionable - seriously, sorry to give an example of myself to illustrate my point -my coworkers think I'm so proper that I would never drink beer or sit in a park with a beer in my hand or swear(they have told me to my face they could never imagine me in such a scenario without me asking) and when I'm in private with my friends I'm the first one to do just that. So yeah, some people have way bigger public/private splits than others.

Anywho, I agree she's a rational type and I definitely think she is EJ and not IJ. I'm not even going into what goes gainst LSI. She's way animated and passionate and she has a warmness of an ethical type to her. She's constantly trying to up the emotional atmosphere in many interviews I have seen. And arent EIE's supposed to be extremely critical, judgemental and straightforward when something is not to their standard or in an argument?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And arent EIE's supposed to be extremely critical, judgemental and straightforward when something is not to their standard or in an argument?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good insights into her personality:

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/questio...9142008AATRwaz

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not into astrology, but this might be good as well:

http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Katy_Perry

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My long term hunch is that she is an ESE.

I think she has a certain constrained and taciturn air in regards her private life (which would be understandable for anybody...), but that she very much sees "show business" as rather phony and fake, unwholesome etc.: I can see an ESE being naturally in tune with this (although again, perhaps anybody could be like this). She thus seems to delight in the simple pleasures of life. I think her somewhat oppressive religious upbringing could be responsible for her outlook to a great extent however.

I think this description fits her rather well: http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/es.html

A good, length interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOtJUmiUZ08

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd thought eie (i can't give you reasons!)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Se something. Maybe the same type as Gwen Stefani.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI ~

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

LSIs are alot more stoic and contained. Shes all over the place.
    She's not alpha. And im pretty sure a sensor. so SLE/SLI/SEE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Agreed - Se dom 7w6 (and Stefani 6w7)

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on individual if he/she is less or more stoic and containted, also people are different on stage and in private life.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI ::she's like a trooper, both stoic and contained.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se dom as fuck. Not LSI.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This interview looked a bit behind her usual persona. I'd say: Somewhere around EIE-Fe, social E7. Tritype 741.

^The therapist is an IEI.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi 3w4 Sx/Sp.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I'd be curious to know what about her is Ti or Te lead or ST club... Where's her logic?

She's entirely irrational in all possible meanings of the term. Irrational temperament, irrational emotionally and logically, etc.

And she's pretty much the stereotypical SF socialite who's a "pseudo"-NF (thanks to boosted Fi+Ni).

Another SF socialite who's a "pseudo"-NF would be Miley Cyrus, though Miley is counter-culture (Sx/So) and Type 7, which Katy is not.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She's so funny here

https://youtu.be/U7UEroQd32Q

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)