View Poll Results: What is Katy Perry's type?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 5.00%
  • ESE (ESFj)

4 20.00%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 5.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

6 30.00%
  • SEE (ESFp)

3 15.00%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 5.00%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 5.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

3 15.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Katy Perry

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Okay, so I'm alright with Te dominance for her. (It does sound sorta like she just really needs some Fi.) My question is why LSE > LIE? Other than that some of the IEI's feel threatened by her?

(btw, supervisors are far more threatening than conflictors)
    The bits from the first quote I posted sounds particularly like Ni PoLR. Pre-planning things and expecting a consistency in follow through in order to evaluate the status of the relation

"we'd be having a conversation by text or by email and then he'd just disappear. For like three days! It would drive me crazy 'cause I'd be like, 'Where'd you go? I thought we were making plans for this weekend?'"
    On another note, the music video for "Thinking of You", I saw the other day, looks like an LSE-EII relationship, or at least caregiver and infantile judging by how they act around one another, though I don't know how much of it was her own influence

EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with BnD on his impressions...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to reiterate that I totally dig Katy Perry.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta-ST.

Some say LSE
    I think SLI

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The resemblance to Zoey Deschanel is rather striking.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ yeah, i think Deschanel is intuitive and Perry is sensing, both logical.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Zooey Deschanel supervises j00.
    You think she's EII? Ne ego is a good guess but I strongly favor an ILE of some sort.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Starfall brought him up I'd love to figure out Russell Brand's type, he annoys and scares me lol.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes her so seemingly identical to you?
    Nothing in particular, you just recognize identicals when you see them. Her sense of humor, the way she laughs, the same way she can't concentrate on her physical surroundings, the same social awkwardness and nervous fidgetiness, etc. I can go into a spiel about the reasons I think she lines up with my definition of Ne dominance if you really care.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to note, that Russel Brand thing about female orgasm = very accurate, and in Walt Whitman. Crazy the connect he makes to the bacchanal, the bacchantes, etc. Crazy beautiful. Incredible actually. I always knew I liked him. There is something mystic in male sexuality too. But I feel like it's uglier, more crude, more desperate. Of course, that's probably just me as a male projecting onto women. Shrug. Anyway, I hope Katy is LSI because anyone that smart/awesome/funny deserves a dual, and an incredibly sexy one at that.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, those two could marry each other, that would be great, don't you think? I love both of 'em.. even tho that sexistish orgasm thing is scary.. and my gf reminds of katy. she's lsi. but I sorta feel that they are diff subtypes. katy is Se, right?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it has any relevance whatsoever but I used to think KP was an LSE (back when I thought I was an EII), mostly because she seemed pretty effin awesome and should have my children. I watched an interview last night that made me think she was pretty laidback but I can also remember seeing one back in the day where she was practically bouncing out of her seat with enthusiasm. She reminds me kinda sorta of a cousin I used to type as LSE but who's probably more likely ESE.

I don't really have any hard impressions on her type overall, other than that she seems at times to have a pretty strong awareness of her physical presence that makes her feel kind of grounded or something.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Just want to note, that Russel Brand thing about female orgasm = very accurate, and in Walt Whitman. Crazy the connect he makes to the bacchanal, the bacchantes, etc. Crazy beautiful. Incredible actually. I always knew I liked him. There is something mystic in male sexuality too. But I feel like it's uglier, more crude, more desperate. Of course, that's probably just me as a male projecting onto women. Shrug.
    C. S. Lewis refers to sex as, on one level, "...our human participation in, and exposition of, the natural forces of life and fertility -- the marriage of Sky-Father and Earth-Mother." I think the natural male analogy here would be that of a thunderstorm.

I would agree with Beta NF for Brand. I don't know anything about Katy Perry.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely support Russel Brand as EIE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. I think I thought that same thing then I saw him for the first time two yrs ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    hahahah censorship!
    PM me that!

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Katy Perry INFp

I think shes INFp, Squeeze her buns.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's fucking hot, but I agree with the analysis that she's an LSI that plays IEI sometimes. From her vibe, I do suspect that she's more aggressor than victim (whereas I really feel Zooey Deschanel as more of a victim, but maybe I'm blinded by the character in 500 days of summer, who is probably beta NF, maybe ILI). Also, if she's LSI that means her and Russel Brand can be duals. (Russel Brand is SO EFFING EIE).

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i never thought of her as LSI. That is inetresting. But from VI I cant see her as anything other than INFp because of her wide open, dreamy eyes that look so characterstic of females of the type.

BTW, where do you see her as more aggressor than victim?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think she's lse actually. She's really quite vapid, and is just a fame whore. She has Te-ego eyes too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I type her as ESTj. Something about her makes me want to take her down a notch. She reminds me of my sisters husband who wears womens underwear. He is a fan of her, actually. Once I saw her conflict with the american idol judge who is INFp, kara whatever her last name is.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    i never thought of her as LSI. That is inetresting. But from VI I cant see her as anything other than INFp because of her wide open, dreamy eyes that look so characterstic of females of the type.

BTW, where do you see her as more aggressor than victim?
    Serious post later, but...

http://www.rtvchannel.tv/wp-content/...katy_perry.jpg

Here.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol silverchris. Thats actually kind of sexy, a chick with a knife.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah I type her as ESTj. Something about her makes me want to take her down a notch.
    Yeah! you feel it too. Something about her makes me naturally hate her. It's just a thing I can't control. There couldn't be any logical reason save for subjective personality conflicts.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find that alot of female INFps are arrogant and inflated, but that doesnt she isnt your identical. I remember Krae saying he doesnt like female INFps because they are just too arrogant. You wanting to bring her down a notch doesnt make her your conflictor, t just makes you human.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You wanting to bring her down a notch doesnt make her your conflictor, t just makes you human.
    whatever. How come I don't feel that way about Jordin Sparks or Hillary Duff then? or fefe dobson. all are selfish self-absorbed celebs. But I like them all differently with varying degrees. How do you explain that? "just humanity?' but why. you have to go deeper which is what socionics tries to do lol.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think ESE makes the most sense, I wrote a bit on why in another thread on her. I just can't see her as any sort of introvert or having weak Se/Si, she's far too proactive and forward
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I think she's lse actually. She's really quite vapid, and is just a fame whore. She has Te-ego eyes too.
    Yeah! you feel it too. Something about her makes me naturally hate her. It's just a thing I can't control. There couldn't be any logical reason save for subjective personality conflicts.
    How you feel about them has absolutely nothing to do with their type. It seems to me that you're actually using your dislike of them as criteria for your typing.

I may be wrong in interpreting your posts. If I'm not, that's just ... wrong.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Omg yes it does dude. Socionics is all about your interpersonal relationships.

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    How you feel about them has absolutely nothing to do with their type. It seems to me that you're actually using your dislike of them as criteria for your typing.
    You don't understand socionics. In contrast to MBTI it deals primarily with intertype relations. So it is one of the most important criteria if you like a person or not. It is always the first question when I try to type someone.

Katy Perry is hot but not my dual. ESTj.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you may be interpersonally unaware, but socionics does specifically deal with intertype relations.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT; People jump to conclusions. Last time I checked none of you have a personal relationship with Katy Perry and are in no position to type her based on how you feel about her.

That is to say that you can admire your conflictor from a distance and dislike your dual both for their personalities, but only upon closer interaction you will begin to like the one and dislike the latter.

I would only be impressed by an IE breakdown when typing celebs and would not consider your personal feeling at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's SLE (ESTp). That's all I can say for now. I'm not sure about subtype.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    ITT; People jump to conclusions. Last time I checked none of you have a personal relationship with Katy Perry and are in no position to type her based on how you feel about her.

That is to say that you can admire your conflictor from a distance and dislike your dual both for their personalities, but only upon closer interaction you will begin to like the one and dislike the latter.
    This is all correct.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Actually, research shows that most humans are surprisingly accurate at quickly sizing up people's personalities based on surface impressions. So you might as well can it with that rhetoric.
    Which research, and regards what exactly? There's Big Five research which shows that there is little correlation between the typings done by strangers and typings done by those who actually know the person, particularly the individual themselves.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Eww, I hate Kara. That scene actually made me love Perry.
    Me too. I would much rather take Katy Perry for my quadra than Kara. Ugh.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Omg yes it does dude. Socionics is all about your interpersonal relationships.
    "interpersonal relationships" has nothing to do with how you feel about someone. Remember that statement from socionics.com "compatability does not imply mutual attraction".

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd favor EIE as a surface impression; any other typing needs to include an excuse as to why she seems so EIE (as the LSI and LSE typings did). I rather disliked Katy Perry in the one song of hers that I listened to, though that was probably because the entire song was her raging against a man, which kinda made me feel attacked.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISTP

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katy Perry seems to share some similarities with Zooey Deschanel. I only started to notice it when I happened to come across an image with their photos put side by side:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast