Thread: Peopl who think I'm ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Sure, it can be interpreted as FeNi needing TiSe. You say that you want structure in your life? Do you want someone to show you what is black and white? Someone to pull you in when you're out of control? Someone who'll provide you with tough-love? Because, yes, a TiSe can offer you that. A Ti type's not going to put up with any crap. It can be strict and rigid and tell you the way it is. And put you in your damn place and yes, you will stay there. You'll get tough-love alright, if you're whinging and playing a drama queen. It's going to come back at you, hard and strong, and knock some sense into "that fucking drama queen brain" of yours. Do you really want that? Can YOU handle THAT?
    Yes, I really want that. What I DON'T want is exactly what dolphin is doing: someone treading into my territory and trying to use emotions, long-winded over-dramatizations and misrepresentations to influence myself AND other people without properly understanding what's being said (in case the people who agreed with dolphin in this thread haven't noticed, that's exactly what's been going on, and you're foolish for agreeing with her judgments as "accurate" with regards to my statements without having given my posts an honest read). It's not like I've worked myself into some logical black hole and just need an emotional "charge" to pull me out of it; what I need is someone who is willing to understand what I am saying, and not jump down my throat and get all bitchy just because they think I am "stereotyping," which I'm NOT. What I'm doing is relating my experience, and dolphin is clearly trying to take it as "Ti," as me stating rules and tendencies about types, when I am really just giving my observations and my personal reactions to what I see as going on, and using type descriptions to clarify how I think it is relevant to Socionics.

Now, if I was REALLY trying to pull some shit out of my ass, I would expect someone to say "Look here," and calmly explain how I am being retarded in a way that I can't wriggle my way out of; not go on some fucking obviously emotionally-motivated tirade against me. I want to be told why I am wrong, not what an asshole and how stupid I am, which is all dolphin has succeeded in conveying.

I think it's pretty obvious that dolphin is doing the exact opposite of both what I need AND what I have stated that I would like someone to do in these kinds of situations: explain why I am wrong and then ignore me if I just get emotional about it, not berate and provoke me and keep at it until I decide that I need to put them on ignore.

I'm glad that everyone is happy that SEIs can be bitches, lol...I guess that stereotype is broken. Doesn't say much about my type tho
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Works for me. I actually suspect that the first girl I talked about when I responded to B&D's thread was an LII.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to be told why I am wrong, not what an asshole and how stupid I am, which is all dolphin has succeeded in conveying.
    Okay. You're wrong because nobody is realistically going to just sit there and listen to your tantrums directed at them, because you'd make them feel like a punk with no balls. Besides, you recognize that you clearly are being wrong, so why ask why? Can't you sort it out yourself for awhile and come back a bit later? Dolphin is right, this has to be based upon all the idiosyncrasies of the real world or it fails. It's hard to ignore that drama stuff. They're either gonna snap back, run completely away from you, or be kind of under tone-ily bitchy like Diana is with you. Your behavior leaves other people with those 3 options and those 3 options only, period. You're wrong because you are overly idealizing humans and expecting them to behave in a way where you are the one that gets to control our own choices. Basic empathy man. You are wrong because you can't choose how other people respond to you, which is what you're coming across like. Your good gives you a great sense of persuasion but we still make our own choices. We already know you care deeply about humanity in the general sense using your , so you are simply hurting your own vision here.

It makes other people excited to point out logical flaws in others. Try to see things from their perspective, rationally speaking. If you want other people to help you then you have to have empathy for other people as well. (a strong and direct Fi statement which you wouldn't swallow all too well, but in real life my judgments of you would be more subtle than this.)

Like I said before I'd just leave you alone when you get so out there, then I'd distance myself away from you until you calm down (so THEN I can give you advice) but at the time nobody is gonna just sit there and take that. You can't think that your proficient always gives you the right to hound others with exaggerated emotional displays, because you are flat-out treating other people poorly. You want a rational explanation for not treating people right and making everything about you? Uh, no. It's just wrong, period. You can't ever really die down your but for the sake of not driving everybody else insane, you can learn to put it on the back-burner with just some basic respect of others. You wanted the insight of how to do this? Well, that's what I'm trying to do.

And Dolphin was technically right, everything she said- so try to listen to it that and don't get so hung up on how she said it. You are doing what we don't like Diana doing. How can you really find your type by cherry-picking like that? And logically & practically & rationally & whateverally, you don't always have to be innately liked all the time no matter what your is trying to tell you, so it is only counterproductive for you to get hung up on the "they think I'm an asshole" thing.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LOL!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Okay. You're wrong because nobody is realistically going to just sit there and listen to your tantrums directed at them, because you'd make them feel like a punk with no balls. Besides, you recognize that you clearly are being wrong, so why ask why? Can't you sort it out yourself for awhile and come back a bit later? Dolphin is right, this has to be based upon all the idiosyncrasies of the real world or it fails. It's hard to ignore that drama stuff. They're either gonna snap back, run completely away from you, or be kind of under tone-ily bitchy like Diana is with you. Your behavior leaves other people with those 3 options and those 3 options only, period. You're wrong because you are overly idealizing humans and expecting them to behave in a way where you are the one that gets to control our own choices. Basic empathy man. You are wrong because you can't choose how other people respond to you, which is what you're coming across like. Your good gives you a great sense of persuasion but we still make our own choices. We already know you care deeply about humanity in the general sense using your , so you are simply hurting your own vision here.

It makes other people excited to point out logical flaws in others. Try to see things from their perspective, rationally speaking. If you want other people to help you then you have to have empathy for other people as well. (a strong and direct Fi statement which you wouldn't swallow all too well, but in real life my judgments of you would be more subtle than this.)

Like I said before I'd just leave you alone when you get so out there, then I'd distance myself away from you until you calm down (so THEN I can give you advice) but at the time nobody is gonna just sit there and take that. You can't think that your proficient always gives you the right to hound others with exaggerated emotional displays, because you are flat-out treating other people poorly. You want a rational explanation for not treating people right and making everything about you? Uh, no. It's just wrong, period. You can't ever really die down your but for the sake of not driving everybody else insane, you can learn to put it on the back-burner with just some basic respect of others. You wanted the insight of how to do this? Well, that's what I'm trying to do.

And Dolphin was technically right, everything she said- so try to listen to it that and don't get so hung up on how she said it. You are doing what we don't like Diana doing. How can you really find your type by cherry-picking like that? And logically & practically & rationally & whateverally, you don't always have to be innately liked all the time no matter what your is trying to tell you, so it is only counterproductive for you to get hung up on the "they think I'm an asshole" thing.
    You are redeemed in my eyes, B&D, bravo @ this post.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks babe, I was never guilty though I think. *Halo* People just didn't think I knew my socionics shit because I don't act all overly nerdy and professor-ish I guess. I have no idea. *shrug*

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Ugh...I never said I want someone who just sits there and "take it;" I just don't want them to do what dolphin did and take it all personally and shit when I'm trying to express myself. It's totally fine by me if they get mad and yell and shit, but when they take it personally like her, they try to come back on a personal level, LIKE HER, and it doesn't help. I'm all about releasing pent-up tension; I love a good riproaring argument once in a while. What I DON'T want is someone to come in and highlight my personal deficiencies or try to make me feel bad about being who I am, which is EXACTLY what I feel coming from dolphin.

Is that a little more clear?

lol, I try at nothing harder than to see things from other people's angles, which is part of why I can tell that dolphin is just taking my statements way too personally (not that I'm doing any better, lol) by assuming that I am trying to make sweeping judgments when REALLY I'm just stating my own personal experience and reactions, and she is being reactive, which in turn makes me more reactive, which only escalates the emotional tension (as opposed to releasing it), etc etc.

Like I said, I'm not expecting anyone to just "take it" from me; it's totally cool if they get angry and we have a heated debate. I just don't want someone who is going to use my displays to highlight my personal weaknesses and attack my character and such, which is what I feel like dolphin is doing.

Like I've said, she WOULD be right if she were at all on target with her perception of what I am trying to say; however she seems to have misconstrued my observations and attempts to correlate them with socionics as categorical judgments of how types behave, which is an enormous fallacy. Just because some behaviors are attributed to type in one instance does NOT mean that all instances of that behavior are related to that type, or that all instances of that type exhibit that behavior. We're dealing with a very vague and non-concrete theory here, and a lot of people seem to have lost adequate respect for that fact in expecting everything to be so easy as to say that what is type related in one instance is automatically applicable to all instances of the proposed motivation or underlying dynamic. Massive fallacies, everywhere.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    *raises eyebrow* then *turns head and narrows eyes to look at B&D* . . .*frowns*, *raises eyebrow again* *starts having fun making faces* *sticks out tongue and tries to look retarded* *finally decides to say something* . . . Yeah, you know me, a real stickler for how people say things. If you don't say things just right I freak out and think everyone is against me.
    I guess that's something we have in common for once, Diana

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Massive fallacies, everywhere.
    I agree. So that's why I think it's kinda pointless to continue this unless you can make up your mind and choose. I even lost track of all we were talking about since boy, can you bring up a bazillion points at a time. =D I only see further arguing for the sport/thrill of arguing which is just not something I'm in the mood to get into right now. I want it to feel as if it's 'going somewhere.' Wasn't the whole point of you doing this to try and find out your type? I thought you were still lost/uncertain about that, or no? I know, I know you're 'generally uncertain' about everything blabla vague/hazy theories, but for the longest time you seemed pretty confident in ILE; lots of generic proof of Diana as your conflictor. Was it all just a fancy show and at the core you still have never, ever made up your mind?

Admit it, you want to be all types to become God! =p

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am EIE right now. I have "seemed pretty confident" of many things in the past; I tend to flit from being supremely confident in one typing, to doubting everything (including the validity of the theory ), to a renewed search, to being supremely confident in one typing, ad infinitum. Currently I think I am slowly shifting from the "renewed search" phase to being "supremely confident" in EIE; although the search phase has been going on for quite some time now, so perhaps this is a break in the pattern? Or maybe it's just time for me to be supremely confident again

I really just wanted to know people's reasons for thinking I am ILE; I OBVIOUSLY never intended for any of this mess to happen

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Ugh...I never said I want someone who just sits there and "take it;" I just don't want them to do what dolphin did and take it all personally and shit when I'm trying to express myself. It's totally fine by me if they get mad and yell and shit, but when they take it personally like her, they try to come back on a personal level, LIKE HER, and it doesn't help. I'm all about releasing pent-up tension; I love a good riproaring argument once in a while. What I DON'T want is someone to come in and highlight my personal deficiencies or try to make me feel bad about being who I am, which is EXACTLY what I feel coming from dolphin.
    ok lol...stop projecting your little childish, narcissistic motivations onto dolphin. What she did was pick your retarded generalizations and cherry-picked sources (nice 6 appeal to authority btw) apart with a very logical argument. SO FUCKING WHAT if it had some intensity to it? That does not detract from its accuracy. Oh, and did you read her most recent post, where she evinced her point about NOT molding reality to the theory and whatnot? I bet you haven't, as you've managed to spin a convoluted little Ti web to preserve whatever sense of security you had coming into this thread. Good luck finding your type, bud!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Nick isn't aware of how well "cherry picking" describes the selectiveness with which he responds to the content of my posts.

Back on the ignore list he goes...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Is there a project I don't know about that requires everyone to attempt to be your dual? What makes you think Dolphin should modify her reaction to suit you? I want, I want, I want ... seriously, why is it about what you want? Apparently you can react emotionally, but no one else is allowed to. Stop being so hypocritical.

lol, I try at nothing harder than to see things from other people's angles, which is part of why I can tell that dolphin is just taking my statements way too personally (not that I'm doing any better, lol) by assuming that I am trying to make sweeping judgments when REALLY I'm just stating my own personal experience and reactions, and she is being reactive, which in turn makes me more reactive, which only escalates the emotional tension (as opposed to releasing it), etc etc.
    Man - listen to yourself. You're accusing Dolphin of doing what you're admitting to be doing yourself. lol So you love expressing yourself - great - that should make you understand and cater for people who do the same thing. Getting publicly annoyed over someone doing THE EXACT SAME THING THAT YOU'RE DOING YOURSELF just highlights your lack of ability to be logical and objective when you're emotional. ILE? lol No way.
    I just cannot understand that attitude. You say you want people to 'give it to you straight', but in actuality, you want to hear exactly what you want to hear or what you apparently 'need'. Anything else and "lah lah lah I've got my fingers in my ears. I can't hear you." You want people to be perfectly honest with you? Then stop acting like a wimp, and be prepared to take the good with the bad. You can't have it both ways.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Apparently Nick isn't aware of how well "cherry picking" describes the selectiveness with which he responds to the content of my posts.

I was never on your ignore list and I'm still not stop faking, bud. You're a narcissistic, approval-seeking baby. Grow some fucking balls and open your eyes.

"Oh no, someone disagreed with me in a mean way, now I'm gonna hide from them cause I simply can't take it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jem
    Getting publicly annoyed over someone doing THE EXACT SAME THING THAT YOU'RE DOING YOURSELF just highlights your lack of ability to be logical and objective when you're emotional. ILE? lol No way.
    NO, NO, don't do exactly what he wants you to. He's throwing out all these stupid stereotypical behaviors b/c he hopes it will convince people he's a beta NF. Apparently, being a beta NF gives you the right to be a hypocritical, moody bitch. All he's really doing is convoluting things with ego-based Ti reasoning.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he just wants attention

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Is there a project I don't know about that requires everyone to attempt to be your dual? What makes you think Dolphin should modify her reaction to suit you? I want, I want, I want ... seriously, why is it about what you want? Apparently you can react emotionally, but no one else is allowed to. Stop being so hypocritical.
    Holy shit!

I am not trying to tell dolphin to act differently; I'm just talking about what I think my dual is like. Chill out home girl.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure, though? Because (talking about genuine ENFj Fe here, as opposed to Gilly in particular), I see these emotional outbursts as like, a release. An emotional outburst that doesn't reflect your core feelings deep-down ... kind of like screaming at the top of your lungs when you're alone with about as much passion and pent-up tension as you can.
    YES

YES

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT YES

And if I'm interpreting it right, Gilly was just saying that he wants someone to dish it to him back. Not in the same way, but in a "kick some sense into you" and impersonal kind of way (since his outbursts aren't reflections of his core feelings anyway). This is kind of exactly what Ti can do, laugh at these sorts of outbursts and see through them as being not reflective of real, core feelings. Or, at least, see them through an impersonal, logical kind of lens. That's one of the reasons why ExFjs and IxTjs duality/semi-duality works, I think.
    Precisely, Carla. God, THANK you for understanding I have no problems with people trying to "stick it to me;" it's only when they attempt to make it personal, like dolphin or nick, that it gets to me.

Carla you kick so much ass.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man - listen to yourself. You're accusing Dolphin of doing what you're admitting to be doing yourself. lol So you love expressing yourself - great - that should make you understand and cater for people who do the same thing. Getting publicly annoyed over someone doing THE EXACT SAME THING THAT YOU'RE DOING YOURSELF just highlights your lack of ability to be logical and objective when you're emotional. ILE? lol No way.
    I just cannot understand that attitude. You say you want people to 'give it to you straight', but in actuality, you want to hear exactly what you want to hear or what you apparently 'need'. Anything else and "lah lah lah I've got my fingers in my ears. I can't hear you." You want people to be perfectly honest with you? Then stop acting like a wimp, and be prepared to take the good with the bad. You can't have it both ways.
    I just don't want people to make it personal, like they are accusing me of something, because it makes me feel like a self-conscious degenerate. I just want them to "tell it like it is" without trying to like...put blame on me for feeling a certain way and needing to let it all hang out. Is that so hard to understand?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Gilly! Blablablablablabla.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Cw-abI-ICM
    Last edited by Gilly; 07-28-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    I think everyone would feel better if they found a sweetheart to kiss and cuddle with instead!

Gilly, you're one of my favorite ENFjs... don't ever change!

xoxo, panda
    glam <3

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly, you are about as obnoxious as an ENTp, so what difference does it make?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, not much at all.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just reading the EIE subtype descriptions, I think this one describes me rather well:

Inclined to idealize their object of love. Are very touchy and emotional, especially when wounded. Strongly express enthusiasm and frequently dramatize events. For them sexual reciprocity occurs in a contradictory fashion not predictable by their behaviour. While they, at one time, appear original, passionate and sexual, at another time they will express haughtiness, coldness and a tendency towards inconstancy. Their different nuances inspire strong expressions of opposing emotions. Their tendency towards jealousy and distrust leads them to accumulate emotions, which must be periodically discharged through quarrels, reconciliations, etc. Have need of a moderately emotional, thoughtful, persistent and initiative-taking partner who knows how to quiet them, encourage them, and inspire them with confidence in their feelings.
    Bingo baby

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit!

I am not trying to tell dolphin to act differently; I'm just talking about what I think my dual is like. Chill out home girl.
    You need to work on your wording then. (c:
    I just don't want people to make it personal, like they are accusing me of something, because it makes me feel like a self-conscious degenerate. I just want them to "tell it like it is" without trying to like...put blame on me for feeling a certain way and needing to let it all hang out. Is that so hard to understand?
    I find it hard to understand - yeah - because when I get all worked up about something, the last thing I would want is for someone to ignore my emotions, think of them as a passing phase. They are coming from the deepest part of me - so I would find it very hurtful for someone to dismiss them as funny or insignificant. I'd much rather someone take offence to them, get riled up about them (emotionally or otherwise), then to just be ignored. But then, I don't make a habit of emotional displays. (c:

I guess I'm just wondering what your motivation is when you go from hot to cold, display contradictory emotions - assuming you're EIE. You do actually feel said emotions I presume? But you don't attach much importance to them or something? Are they not valid to you? I'd really like to understand how EIEs work. (c:

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Ooo, I just have to clarify. I wasn't talking about people's emotions being dismissed and laughed at and thought of as insignificant and ignored. The complete opposite is true. I meant to get across the idea of a counteractive tactic to deal with the emotional outbursts of others. The "laughing at" and the "be impersonal" are just part of the "kick sense into you" tactic.)
    I understand that you didn't mean literally laughing at the person or making light of their behaviour. That would be disturbing. lol But I'm not quite sure what you mean by:
    see through them as being not reflective of real, core feelings.
    If they're not reflective of real feelings, then what are they reflective of? And if the EIE is so Ti-seeking, I can't understand why they wouldn't stop themselves from obviously contradictory emotional displays - especially if they're not reflective of true feelings. But maybe the continued presence of their dual would have that effect on them?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See Jem, for me, the emotions are really, as much as anything, a way of drawing attention to what I'm saying, letting it be known that I think what I'm talking about is important; the way Carla is talking, I'm guessing this is how Ti types "realize" that what is being said is important, worth addressing; it's how Fe draws attention to its lack of/need for Ti. If the source of whatever is causing me to get all riled up is addressed, that's what matters, not people giving attention to my actual emotional states and trying to "remedy" them. When I get all crazy about something (although I also do it just for fun ), it's in part because I'm trying to communicate that there is a problem to be solved, that I need help, that there is a "reason" I am in distress/angry/frustrated, etc. Once attention is drawn to the problem, then I can calm down, I don't feel like I have to "signal" for help any more. It's like a signal flare, saying "HEY SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE," and if someone can help me figure out where I've gone and gotten myself in a muddle, then it's all gravy.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they're not reflective of real feelings, then what are they reflective of? And if the EIE is so Ti-seeking, I can't understand why they wouldn't stop themselves from obviously contradictory emotional displays - especially if they're not reflective of true feelings. But maybe the continued presence of their dual would have that effect on them?
    They ARE real feelings, and just "ignoring" them or trying to walk away would be hurtful and totally counterproductive. The "appropriate" response is to not get disturbed by these displays, not take the emotions themselves so seriously, but instead pay attention to the fact that they are happening and help figure out what the hell has gone so wrong to have caused all this ruckus. Does that make any sense?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok - I think I'm beginning to understand. Fe-leading types are sort of just riding these emotional waves - just expressing what they're feeling moment by moment. In their minds, they're just giving people an honest idea of who they are - presenting us with the raw data before it's been processed - they feel like commentators of their feelings in a way, objective commentators of what they're experiencing ... so are confused when people call them out on what they're feeling .... They're like "What? I'm just giving you the facts! You can't change the facts! This is what I'm feeling - who I am! I can't change that. I just want to know what these facts mean, that's all. Questioning my various emotions is questioning the validity of me as a person - saying my internal make-up is malfunctioning." They would like others to see them in a wholistic fashion, to define them by the sum of their parts, not zoom in on details .... So Ti types are able to draw a straight line through the waves, gather their intent - not disregarding any of the emotions, but taking them all into account as a whole to determine the average.

Am I getting warmer? (c:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w00t, I think my type has been unearthed.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes to it all Jem, except I'm not sure about the last sentence on Ti types.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, except that Ti types don't really draw a straight line and determine the average, but rather, we ride the waves of emotion with them and pick up on what's important to them and what's not.

So Fe is the ocean and Ti is a surfer...that's pretty fucking cool, lol. I wanna be surfed

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly has a type??!!!

maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I get to have my waves ridden, sexual innuendo and all!

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Don't pick funny little caretaking phrases from descriptions that those silly Russians and generally bored people in the 21st century wrote when they had nothing to do and apply it to normal people. Those people were probably sitting in a little box in their basement, with no real knowledge of what people are actually like. I scoff at some of those deluded descriptions. To each their own I suppose. But I don't understand why people are so completely out of touch with their own identity that they will gladly parrot those crappy translated Russian phrases like there's no tommorrow. Insecurity complex? Most of those Russian so called "Socionics experts" must have been fucking insane.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    Dear Gilly,

Read the above post. Dolphin is an ISFp. She is not babying you, but rather "telling you like it is." Isn't that interesting? Turns out an ISFp is capable of the reality-bitchslap you've always wanted

Love,
    Allie

P.S: I'm not saying I think you're ENTp. But I am saying that what Dolphin just did seems to be exactly what you want and ask for.
    Exactly

@Gilly: You keep looking outside for the answers to your life and who you are, and look where it's led. Nothing but confusion and coming up with a new way of bending logic to fit different descriptions each week. Try something new - look inside, and don't be afraid that you won't find anything, because it simply isn't true. People's experiences bend and mold and batter them, but the experiences don't destroy what essentially exists. Overcome the fear to scratch away your outer layers of experience and create something from the inside out, because you can't keep trying to seek refuge by docking yourself to outside wooden piers. A hurricane can come and smash the pier and you'll be totally aimless. For your own development, it doesn't even matter what socionics type you are, because people can be classified in so many different ways (interesting nonetheless, but one can get lost in trying to analyze how they fit a type or category and lose their own individuality). So sit back, look inside, feel the glow, and when you truly accept yourself (yourself from the inside - not based on someone else's classification), then you will just know, plain and simple.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had any idea about how to appeal to people emotionally, which you seem to be attempting, then you wouldn't have bothered with quoting the totally irrelevant, misguided, and distasteful nonsense of other people who have posted in this thread.

Now please go somewhere else before you light the fire under this bullshit again.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had any idea about how to appeal to people emotionally, which you seem to be attempting, then you wouldn't have bothered with quoting the totally irrelevant, misguided, and distasteful nonsense of other people who have posted in this thread.

Now please go somewhere else before you light the fire under this bullshit again.
    steve's advice did not seem to me to be emotional at all.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christ, are you BOTH shooting for my ignore list? Drop this shit already; it's blown over once, so don't stir it up again.

"Look inside yourself; don't be afraid to see nothing..." How is that not emotional?

Just drop it already, ok? If anyone has a decent case for ILE I'm still open to it, but this kind of shit is REALLY wearing on my nerves...

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy shit talk about a lost case...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast