Thread: Why Ti is more important than Te: organization vs chaos

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why Ti is more important than Te: organization vs chaos

My perspective. Some of you may disagree.

I think the thing that stands out about Ti is organisation. This is lacking in Te types. There's no rigidity; no consistency or principle nature in those weak in Ti, and they couldn't care less, because they have their Fi system instead. Personally, I think this is useless when standing it up against Ti. So, why is Ti so important to me? Because I am far more concerned with organising what I think about something - anything - in the world than I am with throwing (or receiving) a myriad of facts or a shitheap of information at someone's (or my) brain and having the desire for them to digest it. Being able to know exactly what I think about a certain thing when it is brought into question, and being able to precisely relay this to an individual, is very important to me. It's an internal chemistry I'm talking about; it's about my organising what I think about something internally so that I can use it in the external world through my Se. To exchange my Se with Te would be a death wish; I am who I am because I know exactly how to utilise my strengths and put on the backbench my less useful strengths (Te and Si). It's not that I think Te is utterly pointless or useless (indeed, it has its uses, which is why I do use it from time to time); it's that Se is far more useful and, what's more, when it's combined with Ti, it's unbeatable.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are full of horseshit - if you call that Ti.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    You are full of horseshit - if you call that Ti.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

I think the thing that stands out about Ti is organisation. This is lacking in Te types. There's no rigidity; ...
    Well that's all the reason I need to keep my Te
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cough*

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Yes?
    lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is, Te has structure to it; it's just not about inherent structure. Te looks at effects and connects them in a sort of causal chain, which is objectively accurate, but doesn't say anything about the inherent principle. This, I agree, is why Ti is important: it brings a conceptual order to chaos.

but I still don't think you're beta, Ezra...lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ezra, buddy? I like you and all but I think you pulled that idea right out of your ass. Couldn't follow any of it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And yes people need to explain the functions much, much better- and sticky it already, and also generally define what a function IS exactly in the first place, or link to me where I can find it because all those mental masturbatory posts help nobody at all. Concrete examples or isn't this a sound science OR theory just a peter pan fairytale.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny responses. I expected them all to be good, even from Ti devaluers, who would - I hoped - say something like "yes, this is exactly why I do not care about Te". I certainly wasn't expecting anyone to call it bullshit. Why is it bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    the thing is, Te has structure to it; it's just not about inherent structure. Te looks at effects and connects them in a sort of causal chain, which is objectively accurate, but doesn't say anything about the inherent principle.
    This sounds more to me like how a Gamma NT would think than a Delta ST would.

This, I agree, is why Ti is important: it brings a conceptual order to chaos.
    Yes.

but I still don't think you're beta, Ezra...lol
    One day, Nick, one day.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Having an answer to everything is meaningless, if the given answer is not factually accurate and up-to-date.
    Yep, you're right, and that sentence alone practically steers you in the direction of Gamma. It's Te, but it doesn't really answer this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I don't know. Why can't you?
    lolalicious

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Maybe because she doesn't know what (and who) a Ti dominant is, she probably thinks Ezra is one. And the ENTp that "puts the Ne spin on it" is probably Sunshine Lively with whom she's had a few pleasant conversations just recently which of course is more than enough to say that she get's Ti creatives better, especially ENTps.
    When you say "dominant" what do you mean?

In fact, what do you mean qbsirena when you talk about Ti dominant?

In MBTI, "dominant" is your leading function. In socionics, when I say "dominant" - and I rarely do, because it's MBTI-infused and confusing - I mean that it's an ego function. So if I am Ti dominant, I could be LII, SLE, LSI or ILE.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I was obviously not speaking in objective terms when I said that.

I think the two functions have simply different uses in different social contexts, Ti is definitely more important than Te when there is the need for a societal reform from the root upwards, for example. Te is more important than Ti when a social structure is already existant and working, and has to be improved in efficiency and kept in good status.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, what do you mean qbsirena when you talk about Ti dominant?

In MBTI, "dominant" is your leading function. In socionics, when I say "dominant" - and I rarely do, because it's MBTI-infused and confusing - I mean that it's an ego function. So if I am Ti dominant, I could be LII, SLE, LSI or ILE.
    By dominant I meant "leading". And no, I wasn't including you in my explanation of "Ti dominants" since you are Ti creative, if in fact you are SLE.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    By dominant I meant "leading". And no, I wasn't including you in my explanation of "Ti dominants" since you are Ti creative, if in fact you are SLE.
    So you have difficulties reading the descriptions of only two types?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the thing that stands out about Ti is organisation. This is lacking in Te types. There's no rigidity; no consistency or principle nature in those weak in Ti, and they couldn't care less, because they have their Fi system instead.

I think actually extrovered thinkers with their Fi can be too subjective and that the combination can also lead to narcissism. Now everybody, if you look at Model B, contains both combinations. So people might be more ourtwardly difficult or more privately, unconsciously, or more so in how they live. I'm stubborn and can be very lazy, but to me Te Fi can be creul, a pain in the ass, too subjective and unable to follow logic, etc (although i've seen pretty good deduction skills, too, and analysis, but I dont know if that's due to the consciouis Te Fi or the less conscious Ti Fe). Again, on some level I think we're all Te and Fi and Ti and Fe.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I ESE?

No.

Piss off.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was contemplating what I said here about Ti being better than Te, and all those who shunned my explanation saying "that's not Ti" can fuck off. Because their explanations were non-existent.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    This sounds more to me like how a Gamma NT would think than a Delta ST would.
    Maybe so, but I think the essence of Te is still about causal processes. gamma NT's may be more conceptual about it, and use it more within "time" (back-and-forth in processes), whereas delta ST's would be more concerned with a sort of present-based, observational understanding (absorbing in the details more....TeSi = death zomggg), but yeah....Te is awesome, I fucking love my polr
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Maybe so, but I think the essence of Te is still about causal processes. gamma NT's may be more conceptual about it, and use it more within "time" (back-and-forth in processes), whereas delta ST's would be more concerned with a sort of present-based, observational understanding (absorbing in the details more....TeSi = death zomggg), but yeah....Te is awesome, I fucking love my polr
    How can you have a "present-based, observational understanding" of causal processes? I genuinely want to know.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you have a "present-based, observational understanding" of causal processes? I genuinely want to know.
    That is one way of referring to Si, which is the external dynamics of fields.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the thing that stands out about Ti is organisation. This is lacking in Te types. There's no rigidity; no consistency or principle nature in those weak in Ti, and they couldn't care less, because they have their Fi system instead. Personally, I think this is useless when standing it up against Ti. So, why is Ti so important to me? Because I am far more concerned with organising what I think about something - anything - in the world than I am with throwing (or receiving) a myriad of facts or a shitheap of information at someone's (or my) brain and having the desire for them to digest it. Being able to know exactly what I think about a certain thing when it is brought into question, and being able to precisely relay this to an individual, is very important to me. It's an internal chemistry I'm talking about; it's about my organising what I think about something internally so that I can use it in the external world through my Se. To exchange my Se with Te would be a death wish; I am who I am because I know exactly how to utilise my strengths and put on the backbench my less useful strengths (Te and Si). It's not that I think Te is utterly pointless or useless (indeed, it has its uses, which is why I do use it from time to time); it's that Se is far more useful and, what's more, when it's combined with Ti, it's unbeatable.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra wants to see the moral breakdown of the world.