Thread: The Great Alpha Migration

Creepy-female

Default .

Last edited by female; 07-10-2008 at 12:35 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad this treatise never mentioned the most obvious reason for a quadra switch: self-discovery.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Why's everyone leaving Alpha?

Hey, I realize there's a stigma attached to it - especially to ISFps. I realize it's only natural to want to distance yourself from that stigma. This IS personality typing, after all. People want to learn more about themselves. Good things. Hidden potential. An rich inner landscape.

What people don't want to learn is that their destiny in life is to become a groveling cook. Or hedonist. Or freelance hippie with a great sense of aesthetics.

This is getting so fucking old. Is Socionics really an assortment of behavioral characteristics? Is it a way for people to tell ME what my hobbies are because I don't have a brain enough to find my own? (Oh - by the way -anyone -coughcoughSFairheadscoughcough- up for a craft night? We can scrub the sides of my dishwasher till they sparkle. We'll satisfy our physical states, leave the contemplation to the nerds - er, I mean the people who're smarter than us. Won't it be simply amazing?) Is it really a way for people to write fucking type descriptions that set certain types on a pedestal, while others are marginalized, except when they need to magically come out of the wordwork to bake a few coconut macaroons?

Maybe so. Maybe there's something inherantly shameful about being Alpha. Maybe it's like a birth defect or something. Maybe there's a reason for people whining and crying "Please, another quadra! I beg of you! Only don't make me go back there -shiver-" Or "Scotty, beam me the hell outta here before I go crazy and start computer programming and singing Disney like the rest of em".

It's alright. I understand. I'm getting fucking tired of being an Alpha too. But what makes me different from you losers is that I have some vestige of Quadra Pride left in my veins. I'm not putting on some Beta front and pretending to rape people. Last time I checked, Target didn't sell angel wings or magic dust or a self help book on how to become an upstanding member of society - Delta is out of the question. And no amount of prodding could induce me to any interest whatsoever in laissez faire...my acting skills aren't too bad but I doubt I could pull off anything remotely Gamma-ish.

So thanks for the memories, guys. Excuse me while I go bake a couple dozen cynide laced chocolate chip cookies. (Oh my god, they're Grannies' favorite recipe! 111!!!111!!11) At least I'll die happy. Er, I mean, satisfying my physical state. Because that's all that matters.
    Who TF said anything about ISFps being "grovelling cooks?" Look, I don't think it's good to exaggerate types into something they're not, and expect everyone to fit the exaggerated versions. But, to some extent, if you think you're ISFp and you don't like what that implies about you, maybe you aren't actually ISFp. (Or maybe you have a mistaken view of the type... or both!) You won't magically turn into a hippie with a great fashion sense just because some "ISFp" label got placed on you. Hopefully if you find you're ISFp, the kind of things that implies are things you enjoy anyway. If satisfying your physical state (and others') doesn't matter to you, maybe you should seriously reconsider being Si dominant.

That said I don't think ISFps have to enjoy making cookies or whatever. But they probably enjoy things that are pleasing to the senses - I know someone (maybe ISFp?) whose backyard is filled with lots of bonsai and flowers and trees she takes care of, lots of natural stuff. When you go back there, it's very physically pleasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Who TF said anything about ISFps being "grovelling cooks?" Look, I don't think it's good to exaggerate types into something they're not, and expect everyone to fit the exaggerated versions. But, to some extent, if you think you're ISFp and you don't like what that implies about you, maybe you aren't actually ISFp. (Or maybe you have a mistaken view of the type... or both!) You won't magically turn into a hippie with a great fashion sense just because some "ISFp" label got placed on you. Hopefully if you find you're ISFp, the kind of things that implies are things you enjoy anyway. If satisfying your physical state (and others') doesn't matter to you, maybe you should seriously reconsider being Si dominant.
    i hate socionics so much now do you know that.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why's everyone leaving Alpha?

Hey, I realize there's a stigma attached to it - especially to ISFps. I realize it's only natural to want to distance yourself from that stigma. This IS personality typing, after all. People want to learn more about themselves. Good things. Hidden potential. An rich inner landscape.
    "A rich ..." :-P
    What people don't want to learn is that their destiny in life is to become a groveling cook. Or hedonist. Or freelance hippie with a great sense of aesthetics.
    What about a chef, free-lance artist who travels the world?
    This is getting so fucking old. Is Socionics really an assortment of behavioral characteristics? Is it a way for people to tell ME what my hobbies are because I don't have a brain enough to find my own? (Oh - by the way -anyone -coughcoughSFairheadscoughcough- up for a craft night? We can scrub the sides of my dishwasher till they sparkle.
    Count me in!
    Maybe so. Maybe there's something inherantly shameful about being Alpha. Maybe it's like a birth defect or something. Maybe there's a reason for people whining and crying "Please, another quadra! I beg of you! Only don't make me go back there -shiver-" Or "Scotty, beam me the hell outta here before I go crazy and start computer programming and singing Disney like the rest of em
    That's a ridiculous attitude and not one I ever had. Alpha still seems superior to me. )c: What's not to like?
    It's alright. I understand. I'm getting fucking tired of being an Alpha too. But what makes me different from you losers is that I have some vestige of Quadra Pride left in my veins. I'm not putting on some Beta front and pretending to rape people. Last time I checked, Target didn't sell angel wings or magic dust or a self help book on how to become an upstanding member of society - Delta is out of the question.
    Sounds like Alpha's the quadra you identify with anyway, so what's your problem?
    So thanks for the memories, guys. Excuse me while I go bake a couple dozen cynide laced chocolate chip cookies. (Oh my god, they're Grannies' favorite recipe! 111!!!111!!11) At least I'll die happy. Er, I mean, satisfying my physical state. Because that's all that matters.
    If you say so, but you're selling yourself short.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey my mom's SF.

Stfu
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dolphin, I'm just going to be honest with you. I think you're just projecting your own feelings of poor self-esteem on everyone else here and imagining people to think poorly of SEIs when it's actually you yourself who do. I mean seriously - lately, people can't win with you. If a person says that SEIs are intelligent - you call them patronising - if a person praises SEIs for their ability to satisfy people's physical states, you say they're implying that SEIs aren't intelligent - then they go on to describe that that wasn't in fact what they meant, and give a lengthy description and so forth - they're patronising again .... What do you want? For people to tell you that SEIs are universally good at everything? I really don't think anyone thinks as poorly of SEIs as yourself. And why do you expect people to be able to encapsulate SEIs in a measly paragraph to your liking? You couldn't do that yourself, so stop being so critical.

Even now, I want to say that I understand how you feel, but you'd think me patronising. But what the hell. I DO know where you're coming from, because I've had very similar feelings myself, and I've realised that the fault lay almost entirely with my perception of my own abilities, not with anyone else's. Not to say that people out there have a clue what your personal potential is just because they've read some sketchy outline of your personality, and maybe some people are selling you short, but why should you care? People that see people as stereotypical because they belong to some classification should be humoured. They are only really insulting themselves in the end, by necessarily implying that they also fit a certain stereotype and don't warrant individual attention.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, and I mean this in the most general sense, people are far less bright than they let on. And these people resolved into a theory of psychological types known as socionics. Life should trump anything and everything here, period.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone is minimizing the importance of coconut macaroons.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all SEI's rock.

second of all, alpha rocks.

third of all, everybody questions their type as they become more familiar with the theory and themselves as it relates to them.

fourth, some people migrate back to their original type, and some people don't.

fifth, since no one really likes to look at their polr, people love to think of themselves as being a different type than they really are. this way they don't have to look squarely at that sore spot and own it.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. You're absolutely right. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of retarded ISFp inferiority complex. I just needed a bitch slap from someone who's opinion I value highly for it to really sink in. Thanks.
    Thankyou for not taking what I said in the wrong way ... because I do think you're a lovely person in general. (c:

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    first of all SEI's rock.

second of all, alpha rocks.

third of all, everybody questions their type as they become more familiar with the theory and themselves as it relates to them.

fourth, some people migrate back to their original type, and some people don't.

fifth, since no one really likes to look at their polr, people love to think of themselves as being a different type than they really are. this way they don't have to look squarely at that sore spot and own it.
    i just like lists of points

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 04:52 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suomea

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Cool cool... not exactly sure what the point was.......: ) That socionics descriptions are bogus?
    They could be easily.

I'm confused..... why would she bend over for you?
    i'm not complaining
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Thanks. But actually, I really do know all that. I was being sarcastic, trying to make a point. I'm a bit surprised that not many people caught the sarcasm, to be honest. I guess this is the internet though...
    I'm sorry then for getting so dramatic. I caught the sarcasm (it was hard to miss, lol), but thought you were serious about your point.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suomea

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To quote the gamma dood I am currently destroying...."you are my favourite person."

Go Dolphin!

And as for the whole SEE thing, I think I'm flirting more with the idea of a certain gamma, rather than me actually being one, and; given my current state of affairs, I think I love to hate him, conflictor ftw. So I guess I'm SEI-Fe for the long haul.

I can has one of your cyanide cookies now?

Don't feel dumb, I will teach you the arts of genetics and boredom/manipulation of conflictors and we will rule the world with our introvyrt stryfe and superior style!!
    Last edited by Khola aka Bee; 06-30-2008 at 12:28 AM.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .