Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IEE or IEI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

qbsirena06,

i do have to add that i think my sister is the ENFp between her and i and i find you like a "sis" to me. it may be why i feel this kindred thing between us. i "find" you the way i feel with my own sis. where we "get" each other but are not quite the same about the way we "do" things with it.

even if i have it wrong about my sis, which i may well have, i still feel this "sister" thing with you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    And I don't give you for ENFj either. You have a great persona to which I have developed great affection.
    oh, well, then......i have with you too.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i haven't read farther into the thread yet, but this is why we get along and are on the same wavelength. this is also who i am without "trying." we are definitely kindreds and i've only felt this way with 1-2 others in this way in my life.
    Oh wow! Thanks. I would like it if you and I met in person one day. I think we could be good friends. Do you mean kindreds as in the socionics intertype relationship? I saw that maybe you had decided on SEE as your type?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

qbsirena06,

i do have to add that i think my sister is the ENFp between her and i and i find you like a "sis" to me. it may be why i feel this kindred thing between us. i "find" you the way i feel with my own sis. where we "get" each other but are not quite the same about the way we "do" things with it.

even if i have it wrong about my sis, which i may well have, i still feel this "sister" thing with you.
    This is exactly how I would describe it also. And you answered my question on my last post by saying this.
    oh, well, then......i have with you too.
    You 2 are so cute! Ok, come on, group hug....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Oh wow! Thanks. I would like it if you and I met in person one day. I think we could be good friends. Do you mean kindreds as in the socionics intertype relationship? I saw that maybe you had decided on SEE as your type?
    i don't know what the ENFp's kindred is right now. i just meant it in my own language of things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly how I would describe it also. And you answered my question on my last post by saying this.

You 2 are so cute! Ok, come on, group hug....
    this is where we differ....i kinda cringe at a group hug even though i feel inside like giving one.

since i think my sis is ENFp, i think i may be delta as well but not ENFp and she influenced me into "acting" more like one. maybe. i'm just more direct and commanding and confronting than her. she's "softer" like you, "nicer."

even if i am ENFp too, it must be because of other reasons growing up that made me more "bitter."

overall, i'm saying that i think you're ENFp.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is where we differ....i kinda cringe at a group hug even though i feel inside like giving one.

since i think my sis is ENFp, i think i may be delta as well but not ENFp and she influenced me into "acting" more like one. maybe. i'm just more direct and commanding and confronting than her. she's "softer" like you, "nicer."

even if i am ENFp too, it must be because of other reasons growing up that made me more "bitter."

overall, i'm saying that i think you're ENFp.
    HAHAHA, I love the progression of your post. By the way, I'm not extremely comfortable with walking up to people and hugging them or anything. I think this would be more of an Fe thing to do. I don't feel that I have the ability to affect people's moods by such external displays. I am open to someone initiating the hug though and respond well to that. I do enjoy being more affectionate in very close, intimate relationships though.

But between the 3 of us (Winterpark (ISTp), you and I) it falls to me to make the group hug happen. So, come on you two. It will be relatively painless and will be over in a matter of seconds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But between the 3 of us (Winterpark (ISTp), you and I) it falls to me to make the group hug happen. So, come on you two. It will be relatively painless and will be over in a matter of seconds.
    Yeah, I've heard THAT before.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on, you can get in on the hug too. LOL@at the fact that I'm actually "leading" something, even if it's just a group hug.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, specifically here's what I kinda see as the natural input that I generally need or prefer from people

I have very good intuition regarding others. I spend a lot of time analyzing others' behaviors. This is done mostly unconsciously and requires no effort on my part. I have always been this way and it is something that comes very naturally for me. I get pretty accurate impressions of people after very short interactions, sometimes even without any direct interaction.
    I figured this'd be important no matter what type, but, for me especially. When dealing with people apparently I can be too subtle or vague and my expression doesn't help either. So it's a natural need to have someone who 'intuitively' gets it. That and i fucking hate explaining the shit that I do.

I can very easily identify people's comfort levels, etc...things that I've noticed most people don't pick up on.
    That's a definite need for me as well, because I've met tons of people who I could never even be remotely comfortable with.

I have a tendency to want to go deep to find out "what is really going" with someone, rather than being guided by their external mood/feelings. I am pretty good at distinguishing between the two (what they are revealing externally vs. what they are really feeling/thinking).
    This one trait alone I wish most people had. The small banter that I have to do to talk to strangers alone deters me from initiating anything. It's just like "fawk, do I have to talk about how long your commute is with you?".

However, I am usually not confident in being able to alter people's moods. I often end up with a feeling of self-consciousness for knowing what is going on but not being able to do anything about it on a superficial level. Actually, the only way that I am confident I can help is by "getting into the heart of the matter". Then I am in my zone. People have always been drawn to confide in me and I have often been described as someone who seems to really care and is a good listener. I also seem to surprise people with "revelations" that to them offer a different perspective, although they always seems very obvious to me.
    Another girl who I suspect is an ENFp makes the same sorts of 'revelations' too. And it always seems to be a revelation that's on the tip of my tongue but that I have trouble making it into a concrete thought.

I grew up in a family that is very open with their emotions. A lot of which has felt like "emotional manipulation" to me, which I don't respond well to.

But in the long run, the principle of "justice" in being accepted for who I am always wins.
    Yes exactly, that should never be compromised.

I don't like being told what to do or having specific expectations. I have difficulty with staying motivated doing things that are uninteresting to me. On such things I tend to procrastinate, however, I always seem to find time to do the things that are really important to me.
    Yeah, I do not like having expectations but on me either, so that's why I never do that to people. I'd rather present you with 2 choices or so and let you decide based on either their own merits or your own preferences.

Well, I guess this more one big comment on the post you made. So, enjoy.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, specifically here's what I kinda see as the natural input that I generally need or prefer from people

I figured this'd be important no matter what type, but, for me especially. When dealing with people apparently I can be too subtle or vague and my expression doesn't help either. So it's a natural need to have someone who 'intuitively' gets it. That and i fucking hate explaining the shit that I do.

That's a definite need for me as well, because I've met tons of people who I could never even be remotely comfortable with.

This one trait alone I wish most people had. The small banter that I have to do to talk to strangers alone deters me from initiating anything. It's just like "fawk, do I have to talk about how long your commute is with you?".

Another girl who I suspect is an ENFp makes the same sorts of 'revelations' too. And it always seems to be a revelation that's on the tip of my tongue but that I have trouble making it into a concrete thought.

Yes exactly, that should never be compromised.

Yeah, I do not like having expectations but on me either, so that's why I never do that to people. I'd rather present you with 2 choices or so and let you decide based on either their own merits or your own preferences.

Well, I guess this more one big comment on the post you made. So, enjoy.
    Well, well, well...I did enjoy that. Seriously, thanks for taking the time. That definitely helps confirm a lot of things. It's nice to hear that these things are valued by others.
    "fawk, do I have to talk about how long your commute is with you?" I know exactly what you mean. I don't like that either and often feel like I should talk/ask about these things. It is much better to not have to deal with someone on this superficial level though. Too bad the world is not full of my duals hehe.
    Delta, here I come......(but people, please keep posting to prove or disprove ENFp). I'd like all the feedback I can get. There's a lot I still don't understand.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on, you can get in on the hug too. LOL@at the fact that I'm actually "leading" something, even if it's just a group hug.
    one more thing we differ in....i LOVE leading and will whenever i have the chance.

but i'll take you up on the group hug, if winterpark is willing...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but i'll take you up on the group hug, if winterpark is willing...
    Despite that I am not a hug person and despise all the schmaltziness in the world, it's still really hard for my heart to refuse an offer like this...

... so um, whenever you guys are ready.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite that I am not a hug person and despise all the schmaltziness in the world, it's still really hard for my heart to refuse an offer like this...

... so um, whenever you guys are ready.
    Awww you guys! Did I just get you two to agree to this? I have a feeling after this you won't be able to get enough hugs. Okay then, here we go....wait a minute, there's somewhere I have to be, you two go ahead and get started without me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww you guys! Did I just get you two to agree to this? I have a feeling after this you won't be able to get enough hugs. Okay then, here we go....wait a minute, there's somewhere I have to be, you two go ahead and get started without me.
    no girl no! you are the glue here. nothing personal winterpark but we need her girly energy for this to work! (i have a hard time hugging my own sister sometimes!)

i think a hug between winterpark and i would be us just looking at each other and saying "dude"...and then "dude" back...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think a hug between winterpark and i would be us just looking at each other and saying "dude"...and then "dude" back...
    I totally agree...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree...
    dude

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no girl no! you are the glue here. nothing personal winterpark but we need her girly energy for this to work! (i have a hard time hugging my own sister sometimes!)

LOL. You're probably right....dude. Well, at least I'm good for something.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why people act the way they do is my number one fascination.
    hahaha This sentence has come out of my mouth soooo many times... now that I think about, it's kinda creepy. *weirded out*

Well, your description sounds a great deal like myself... I actually thought I was an introvert for quite some time simply because being around other 'stronger' extroverts makes me feel like an introvert by comparison.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    hahaha This sentence has come out of my mouth soooo many times... now that I think about, it's kinda creepy. *weirded out*

Well, your description sounds a great deal like myself... I actually thought I was an introvert for quite some time simply because being around other 'stronger' extroverts makes me feel like an introvert by comparison.
    Haha. Now that you mention it, it does sound a little creepy, I assume especially so to outsiders who might think we're some sort of stalkers or something . I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that identifies with introversion. This was probably my main reason for doubint IEE. The way you described it is exactly how I feel. Maybe we're introverted extrotims. Anyway, I appreciate your sharing. It definitely helps to compare experiences, helps me "relate". And I can say with confidence that I strongly identify with the other ENFps on this forum.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    If you strongly identify with the other ENFps on this forum, then how about typing me? ENFp or not?

I'm definitely Np.
    I actually identify with both I and E, like you, but EVERYONE would type me a very strong E if asked. I ALWAYS test E, even when trying to test I... People regard me as a strong extrovert, but I am actually very private/protective about myself and my inner feelings. Like you, I can identify with I. If you are a weaker E than me, then I would guess you could still be IEE and identify with I?
    I'm not sure about F/T. I identify with both. Actually I strongly identify with both. Isn't that supposed to be impossible...?

I identify with Alpha and Delta. Both fit me.
    Betas seem dangerous to me, and I would avoid them. I guess it's from fear of being controlled? Gammas are also different from me, but I can cope.

When about you, I've read this thread, and other, and I feel you are very soft, a lot softer than myself. Almost too timid. I believe it could be a mask to hide your insecurity/awkwardness when talking about yourself?
    Are you hijacking my thread? Haha, J/K, happy to help if I can. My impression when reading your threads was that you were not ENFp, or at least not my identical, although I do identify with some of what you said. However, I imagine that there could be greater variations among ENFp's or any type. I am leaning towards ENTp for you, however, take this with a grain of salt. I am still very new at all this.
    As to the E vs. I thing, again I think there are different degrees for each, so it would be possible that you were a lot more extroverted than me and both could still be IEE.
    In regards to my being very soft...this is how I am in real life too, as long as my principles/values are not threatened, but even then I tend to approach things in a non-aggressive way. I don't feel comfortable nor care for huge emotional displays. My "softness" is not a mask to hide anything. It is simply how I am. I'm the most confident when speaking about human behavior/observations. It is very natural for me to "analyze" people (including myself)...although it doesn't feel like an analysis since it is mostly an automatic process, not something I have to think about or put effort into. I would say that this extends to myself also. Understanding myself is also very important, especially how I relate to others. I guess it's just hard to put myself down into words. My thinking process is not so organized. It's more like all these intuitions and ideas floating around in my head. Especially when it comes to describing myself, it is hard to choose exactly what to talk about out of all the things I know about myself. It does feel good to be able to, to the extent that I can, organize these thoughts in a somewhat logical manner in order to get the message across.
    Not sure if this will help or not, but let me know if there is any more feedback I can give you. I'd like to continue sharing points of similarity and differences.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually agree with you we seem different. I’m more outgoing, fighting and changing than you, somehow. However I find the ENFp-descriptions more me than you (i.e. www.socionics.com). You seem more subdued...?
    This strikes me very much like leading Fe rather (EIE). IEEs, I think, are usually more subdued and static than this, which fits me better than you. For some reason I can sense a lot of Fe coming from you, which I tend to be a little uncomfortable with. There is something about you that seems "in your face". You seem more intense, which I would generally relate to Beta, not Delta.
    “Generally ENFps are very emotional and spontaneous during interactions. They know how to find that special way of dealing with almost anybody. ENFps are often optimistic and it is not uncommon for them to transfer this optimism to others. They often change their interests. Wherever ENFps go they have a characteristic ability to create a circle of friends and acquaintances and be at the centre of attention.“
    I'm not sure that this is an accurate description of IEEs. Again, a lot of the things mentioned here are Fe leading IMO. There is great emphasis on influencing others emotionally as well as changing the emotional atmosphere. In my opinion, this describes EIEs instead of IEEs. I will look for other descriptions I have read so you can compare.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimosa for the record, I don't think you're EIE.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any proofs...?

A lot of people in here suggest EIE, so I can't make myself exclude it completely. A lot of those things written about the EIEs could be me..

However I like you.

heh thanks. I don't have proof, I guess it's hard cuz I've had limited interactions with you. So far I've able to kinda understand where you're coming from. Which I can't seem to do with EIE's.

But hey, I'm just a balding Jewish donut eater after all.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, then I guess, coming from you, it was kind of a compliment typing me a non-EIE. *blush*
    As and EIE, you would be LV's conflictor since he is SLI. So yes, the fact that he doesn't see you as his conflictor would be a compliment coming from him. He would be your dual if you are IEE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, then I guess, coming from you, it was kind of a compliment typing me a non-EIE. *blush*

Me liking you is a VERY seldom compliment from my side. I don't usually compliment people (shame on me!). I guess I'm kind of too shy, and I'm afraid of being "trapped" emotionally. You don't label me. I love it.

- Voltaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12