Octavian in Rome
    Odysseus in the Odyssey
    T.E. Lawrence in Lawrence of Arabia
    Gully Foyle in The Stars My Destination
    Richis in the Perfume movie
    James Coburn's character in The Great Escape

etc
    Okay, trying to give more detail -- in more or less ascending order:

- James Coburn in The Great Escape: pretty much because his approach to the escape was precisely the same I would have taken in those circumstances. I thought, "this is the only one doing it right" - and he succeeded.
    - Scrooge McDuck and Dr. Strange: pretty much the only two "major" comic book characters I could ever see myself as being.
    - Gully Foyle: I could relate to his motivations and most of his actions, if not always to his early stupidity and brutality.
    - Lawrence in Lawrence of Arabia: everything except his delusions of grandeur and of invulnerability. Oh, and the silly games of "look I can burn my fingers and not cry in pain heh".
    - Odysseus: pretty much everything, except I probably wouldn't be as adept at lying and bullshitting as he was.
    - Ben in Night of the Living Dead: he did everything right, but I probably wouldn't be so heroic.
    - Richis in Perfume: I could totally identify, with the exception of a couple of actions.
    - Octavian: same
    - Julian: I have seldom identified with a character as much as with this one. Probably never.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After some serious thinking I've come up with a couple characters with whom I feel some sort of resonance.

Belle from Beauty and the Beast: I think the reasons for this are fairly self-evident. Except I'm not nearly that dewy-eyed and "feminine".

Leslie Burke from Bridge to Terabithia: This is pretty much me as a kid. I have a feeling she would have grown up to be ENFp, though, whereas I channeled Ne in a completely different direction.

Bugs Bunny: If Bugs had a few more "feminine" personality traits, this would probably be me in a nutshell.

Bugs >>>> Leslie/Belle
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Bugs Bunny: If Bugs had a few more "feminine" personality traits, this would probably be me in a nutshell.

O OK
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I put these in categories of strength, since putting all 16 in order would be kinda facetious/arbitrary. Obviously the cartoon ones (like Jazz) are lower on the list because I'm no longer the child I was at the time I formed the association.

1. Han Solo
    1. the narrator from Dhalgren
    1. Henry David Thoreau as himself in Walden
    1. Phillip Lynx of the Flynx series
    2. Mal of the series Firefly
    2. Tony Stark in the Ironman movie
    2. Retief from the Keith Laumer books
    2. Dekard from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
    2. Robert Redford's character in Out of Africa
    3. Wolverine (X-men)
    3. Jazz (Transformers)
    3. Indiana Jones
    3. Trinity from the Matrix movies
    3. Tank Girl
    3. Rock 'n Roll (GI Joe)
    3. Maureen from To Sail Beyond the Sunset
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Grand List: Paul Atreides >> Prowl > Ender Wiggin = Keiichi Morisato > Dr. Daniel Jackson = Andrew Largeman > Peter Parker > Zelgadis > John Crichton > Kira Yamato > Ashitaka > James McKay > Ged > John Snow
    I think that some explanation is warranted for the order on my list though I may change the order and shrink the list to the more noteworthy.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: There is rarely an action that he does that I would not do. His manner of speech is also quite similar to mine.

Andrew Largeman: I watched Garden State again last night just out of curiosity, and I felt like I was watching a carbon clone. I have not had to take a bunch of psychiatric pills, but his response to that at the end of the movie mirrored my own. His mannerisms, speech, relationship to Sam (Natalie Portman's character) and other characters would have matched my own in those situations almost perfectly.

Keiichi Morisato: He is a loser, and I identified with that. While he has different hobbies and he whines a little too much at times, I still made a connection with his general situation in life. Also Belldandy (his dual and lifetime goddess companion) is a character who I too would greatly appreciate knowing.

Ender Wiggin: There are also not too many actions done by Ender which I myself would not have done either. I identified with his general reactions to being pushed and prodded when he does not want to be as well as the entire scenario of the war games. I am not sure how well I would have done at the military strategy, but his outside-the-box thinking and unorthodox problem solving were qualities which I value.

Paul Atreides (Dune): Paul is probably the first and foremost literary character with whom I identified with as a teenager as well as now. The way that he thinks, what he says, and what he does is a fairly close match with mine.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Albert Brennaman (Hitch)

It just... fits.

Edit: I'll need to elaborate this at another time.
    Last edited by tereg; 06-13-2008 at 04:36 AM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elliot from Scrubs, Brooke from One Tree Hill, Bella from Twilight
    Last edited by idealistichick; 06-13-2008 at 04:01 AM.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOW COULD I FORGET!?

Juno MacGuff from Juno: Uh, hello. Totally me. I can't even begin to describe to you how much Juno is more or less my identical twin. It's kind of outrageous I didn't think of this sooner since Juno is one of my all-time favs, if not my favourite movie.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps raimi matthews from broken saints.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOW COULD I FORGET!?

Juno MacGuff from Juno: Uh, hello. Totally me. I can't even begin to describe to you how much Juno is more or less my identical twin. It's kind of outrageous I didn't think of this sooner since Juno is one of my all-time favs, if not my favourite movie.
    I think the guy is SEI.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, excellent. Bleeker was so great, though I may be a little biased with my undying love for Micheal Cera. Apparently he's a really boisterous and outgoing guy in reality, despite the fact that he always plays soft spoken, shy and nerdy characters. My former ISFp roomie knew him when they were growing up.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, excellent. Bleeker was so great, though I may be a little biased with my undying love for Micheal Cera. Apparently he's a really boisterous and outgoing guy in reality, despite the fact that he always plays soft spoken, shy and nerdy characters. My former ISFp roomie knew him when they were growing up.
    This is actually one of my favorite videos with Michael Cera (mainly because I'm a huge Zach Galifianakis fan). I love it.

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

I'm just as hot as him.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riddick perhaps. Though externally or behaviorally I don't think I'm much like him. I just identify with his mindset in the movies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Andrew Largeman: I watched Garden State again last night just out of curiosity, and I felt like I was watching a carbon clone. I have not had to take a bunch of psychiatric pills, but his response to that at the end of the movie mirrored my own. His mannerisms, speech, relationship to Sam (Natalie Portman's character) and other characters would have matched my own in those situations almost perfectly.
    I love him so much ...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-male

Everyone loves Daria.

For me, Onizuka Eikichi from GTO.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ellimist from the animorph series.

Umm... Tyrion Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire

Oh, Dr. House too.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On thinking about it again, I'm not sure that I identify with any fictional characters... Maybe Michel in The Immoralist, but only partially, and that's as close as I've gotten.

I tend to identify more with famous people who have died... You know, Gide himself, John Lennon, Jean Cocteau... Or the ideals of what they were trying to accomplish--Victor Hugo, Jesus Christ, Wm. S Burroughs... Than any of their artistic creations. (This list of people changes all the time too.)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jonathan Levinson from Buffy.

I also identity with all 4 Buffy characters. (the core scoobs, Buffy/Willow/Xander/Giles) pretty equally as I'm really like all 4 of them.

Buffy and Jonathan share a strong psychological connection as well.

Blackadder:

Guess who I identify Baldrick with
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Guess who I identify Baldrick with
    Tiger Woods?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the little mermaid. but not a bubbly.

And I think eric is an ISTp. He even has a dog.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Daria is actually an ISTp? Or an INTp?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, interesting question. I don't think I've ever really identified with a fictional character. I take all that stuff in really impersonally, like it doesn't cross my mind to compare myself to them or something. Occasionally a character will have an idiosyncrasy that I relate to, but that's about it.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daria is probobly more than likely INTP but I still indentify with her the most if I had to choose a known character. That show was great.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Samwise Gamgee from "The Lord of the Rings"
    Rebecca from "Ivanhoe"

I try to identify with one character in every book I read. If I can't, I decide the book is stupid and stop reading it.
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 03-18-2009 at 09:09 PM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Jonathan Levinson from Buffy.

I also identity with all 4 Buffy characters. (the core scoobs, Buffy/Willow/Xander/Giles) pretty equally as I'm really like all 4 of them.

Buffy and Jonathan share a strong psychological connection as well.
    Why ?

I relate to all those characters too, except for Giles & Jonathan (oh I get confused between Jonathan and Andrew, is Jonathan the short guy with dark hair who gets stabbed?!).

Did you ever relate to Faith? I relate so strongly to her, to her feelings, her behaviour - everything, I just felt like she was a much more extreme, confident, immoral version of me. Though I think she is SLE.

I actually relate to pretty much all the characters in Buffy. Joss did a great job lol! I love him, I think he is IEI, which probably explains why we relate to quite a few of his characters .

I also relate to Claire form Six Feet Under, she's all up with being real and vulnerable, hates superficial mainstream bs- likes to think she's all dark and edgy, but is really pretty regular. But I don't think I am as off beat as that haha .
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My list has definitely changed since this was posted.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identify with:

Edward from Full Metal Alchemist, in his own brand of immaturity, ideals(and idealism), and devotion to the people close to him.

Vash from Trigun in his demeanor and general attitude.

Grant Wiggins from A Lesson Before dying in his general difficulty to actually pursue his ideals in a world that has such a strong disparity between them and reality, a general lack of hope in our future, and the discouraging effect it has on his mindset. You know, except I'm not black.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

The man with the plan MasterfulMischief's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a semi-fictional character but Frank Abignale Jr. from the movie Catch Me If You Can. I identify with his ability to talk his way in or out of anything, and also with his ability to play with appearances. I often catch myself wondering if I could get away with certain things similar to what he does in the movie, only in the movie he actually does it obv.

I also identify with Vash from trigun, in the sense that he can often seem all jokes/goofy/lazy, but it's really just a mask he puts on to better interact with the world. His real self is serious, deeply philosophical/spiritual and concerned primarily with effecting his environment in the best way possible.

Jimmy Smith Jr. (Eminem) from 8 mile. I identify with his dedication to his craft, his ability to always stay true to himself despite when other people in his environment try to bring him down. I identify a lot with his struggle and his constant effort to rise above his surroundings with nothing but his own vision of how his life should be to fuel him.

There are others but these are the first few that came to mind.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    i identified since very young with Odysseus, not only as a character in Odyssey (Si dual-seeking), but also in the Trojan War. i didn't identify all his traits as mine, though.
    Interesting. Odysseus is an LIE.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't you confusing him with Agamemnon?
    Not at all. Odysseus the Cunning, King of Ithaca, Husband of Penelope, and Father of Telemachus is an LIE/ENTj.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not so fast... your confidence is at most amusing. i would probably find you tens of reasons why he's not a LIE. but not now, because i need a break.
    anyway, i appreciate your knowledge in the legend.
    Just to let you know, this discussion has been had before with more knowledgeable people of Socionics, and Odysseus has been consistently typed as an LIE. This has far less to do with my own confidence as it does with the thoroughness of previous arguments of discussion from esteemed members, so your attempts to discredit his LIE type via an attack on my confidence is juvenile and fruitless. You can attempt to give all the reasons you want that Odysseus is an Si-seeking ILE, but at the end of the day, Odysseus is an Fi-seeking LIE with his ESI wife Penelope. Nevertheless, I will wait and listen to your arguments for why Odysseus is an LIE. Take your time.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mildly pompous as Logos' approach is, Odysseus is best typed as LIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're most probably a judging introvert.
    He is pretty much a benchmark Ti-LII.

- LIE looks to manipulate development to be in the best position. he doesn't trust the "could be". for example, the introduction of the Trojan horse into the city was risky and only a matter of chance. they could be able to propose such, but only as an extremely last alternative.
    Isn't that what it was?

- LIE work only with global long time strategy in mind. Odysseus' deeds were merely "flashes" for the moment, from the present situation. he's focused on an extended set of possibilities per case.
    This is weak...LIE is a dynamic type and is going to be taking into account all aspects of the situation, making new plans as more information is introduced. Not sure what you're getting at here.

- LIE is one of the least types to think about avoiding open conflict by stealth or trickery. looks like Odysseus was keeping this in mind.
    That's...really weak.

- Odysseus was inclined towards irrationality. one weak example was his impulse to shout tot the cyclops. an LIE would arguably have been focused on this caution, especially having that wit, and wait longer for it or avoid it at all.
    Also really weak.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast