View Poll Results: Do you find the voice of your dual types particularly appealing?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: a very noticable voice tone that is appeling

10 62.50%
  • Yes: a slightly noticable voice tone that is appealing

1 6.25%
  • No: there is not really a noticable voice tone that is appealing

5 31.25%
  • No: there is no noticible voice tone, at all, that is appealing

0 0%

Thread: Do you find the voice of your dual types geneally appealing?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you find the voice of your dual types geneally appealing?

Considering they are of the appropriate gender, going by voice alone, do you generally find the voice of your dual appealing?

I am only going to do a Yes No Maybe poll, but I'd really like it if people would say what their type is, too. I wonder if there are any Ne/Si v Ni/Se implications.

Probably not. But we'll see what comes of this.

Notice - I am particularly referring to the general speaking voice of the person. Not an augmented or singing voice. Just how they talk normally. And yes, some people have "better voices" than others. But I mean there is a similar vocal quality to people of same types.

It is related to temperment, Se/Si values, T/F - I can notice all these voice differences. Do you know what I mean?
    Like an ISTj's voice is very different from ISTj, for example.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like appealing voices, generally. did you mean to leave this without a poll or do you want one added?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, I've been thinking about voices a lot lately and wondering if they're type related. I really don't know the answer to this question. The ONE SLE I know--yeah I LOVE his voice. But I also love my husband's voice (and always have) and he's not my dual (supervisory relations). So who knows. Another strange thing is that I have fallen for a couple of guys in the past whose voices I didn't particularly care for. I mean I grew fond of them but objectively I didn't care for their voices.

Yeah--interesting topic.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn those were two wicked fasts posts. I had to make the poll after I made the first post, so it took a delay.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I'm fast (but I can be slow when the situation calls for it, he he)

I voted yes. Even though I don't know many SLEs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I have to say, I've been thinking about voices a lot lately and wondering if they're type related. I really don't know the answer to this question. The ONE SLE I know--yeah I LOVE his voice. But I also love my husband's voice (and always have) and he's not my dual (supervisory relations). So who knows. Another strange thing is that I have fallen for a couple of guys in the past whose voices I didn't particularly care for. I mean I grew fond of them but objectively I didn't care for their voices.

Yeah--interesting topic.
    i think voice and function is correlated. I have an idea that hasn't been proven wrong yet with my experience how Ni, Fe, and Se sounds. I have a less strong idea of how Ne sounds but I'm getting there. Also Te and Fi, only the style of talking for them.

and i think you will find everything about your dual appealing.

actually.. i have a recording of myself i made last night that i didn't like because it sounded infantile. heh. you just can't change the way you are.

and also.. i think voice is not the first thing i notice in my dual. thinking back on it i guess i liked their voices. i dunno?

When someone's voice strikes me they are mostly ENTp. something soothing about their voices to me. Some INFps, but it's really varied. It depends I think I like the way that INFps and ISFps speak more than their voices, a calming, IP way. But the tone is not that great.. but most people's voices that I like are smoother, less gravelly, but more hollow sounding. like a huge round orb thats been struck.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i think voice and function is correlated. I have an idea that hasn't been proven wrong yet with my experience how Ni, Fe, and Se sounds. I have a less strong idea of how Ne sounds but I'm getting there. Also Te and Fi, only the style of talking for them.

and i think you will find everything about your dual appealing.

actually.. i have a recording of myself i made last night that i didn't like because it sounded infantile. heh. you just can't change the way you are.
    What does 'infantile' sound like? Just curious. :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    What does 'infantile' sound like? Just curious. :-)
    ah crap... i have to describe it now.

uh.. more the intonation not Ne, I wasn't talking just about the voice about the recording. Just in general unsure and lacking Se... not forceful.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should also modify your poll choices to say "particularly" appealing. otherwise i cant answer the poll.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gay sex
    Last edited by istpunk; 07-17-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. I hadn't really thought about this before...I suppose I kinda like the way ESFp's voices sound...I mean, I wouldn't be attracted based on voice alone, but.. I dunno how to describe it really. meh I dunno.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I like ISTps voices usually. I like that dry sort of Te thing. Whether that is ISTp or ESTj, I don't really care. I think those types usually sound more confident to me.

I have dated guys who get higher voices when they get nervous and I don't really like that as much (though of course I wouldn't reject them on that alone if I liked them).
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)