Thread: What is my Brother's Type?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is my Brother's Type?

I will give a basic description of him, and then post a link with photos.

My brother is a very goofy guy. When he's talking on the phone with his girlfriend, he'll change his voice and say things that he probably considers to be "cute." He has a lot of friends, and he's always organizing things for them. They all respect him, and he's pretty much the leader or focal point of the group. This doesn't mean that he wants attention, it just always works out this way without him trying to be the leader. He also likes to give his friends hugs, even in public. I think this is probably because he's so "open." I think another reason he does it is sort of out of comedy. He knows it embarasses them and it looks funny, but he doesn't care. He feels that people only feel uncomfortable because of cultural stereotypes, and he doesn't give in to these. Like me, he also has a hard time saying "no" to people. The difference is that while I will completely avoid people if they want something unreasonable from me, he'll argue with them, and then usually give in.

What's interesting is that he's also very logical. In university, he majored in math and computer science, and got the highest grades in the math department. We have a different grade system here, but if it were to be translated to a normal GPA, he'd have near a 4.0. This is in classes that require deep mathematical analysis and have tricky proofs. He was going to go to graduate school, but he got sick of math and computer science after a while. He went to teachers college instead. Now, he's not sure if he's going to land a job in teaching, is interested in graduate school for statistics, and feels that life might have put him in this situation for a reason: maybe he was destined to go to graduate school. Another way he's logical is when he argues with people. He is very confident in his reasoning, and never gives in when it's a matter of what's true and what's false, no matter what. He also takes on a very strong tone when he's arguing, which makes it difficult to argue with him. He usually wins. We had an aunt who was acting very irrationally about letting one of his friends rent out the basement of her house. They agreed to a certain amount, and then she increased to an amount that his friend couldn't afford. My brother argued well enough with her that she had to admit that she was being selfish and that there was no logical reason for her to increase the rent. (She still didn't lower the amount, though.)

The only other thing that I can say about him is that he loves video games. Now that he doesn't have a job or school, he pretty much plays video games all day long.

Pictures of him can be found in this thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t=19082&page=2. He's the one with longer black hair who is often near me in the photos.

My guess is that he's an ENFp, and if not that, an ENTp, but I'm no expert about typing others, so I'll leave it to you.

Jason
    Last edited by jason_m; 06-04-2008 at 06:43 AM.