Thread: Your most common dream themes

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your most common dream themes

I dreamt I was eating cookies and cake the other night.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have three themes to my dreams. Water, Highways and my dog that died a year ago. That is all I dream about. Ever.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I only have three themes to my dreams. Water, Highways and my dog that died a year ago. That is all I dream about. Ever.
    oh come on... everybody goes to school/work naked from time to time

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    oh come on... everybody goes to school/work naked from time to time
    I don't think i've ever had a dream outside of those three things, honestly. If i have, I don't remember. Never had a naked dream.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't think i've ever had a dream outside of those three things, honestly. If i have, I don't remember. Never had a naked dream.
    well you're always naked in my dreams

(lol@creepy posts)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Common themes for me would be like:

-Fighting monsters
    -Fighting people
    -Warfare
    -Being lost in very familiar places (school, houses I know well)
    -Things being locked and feeling I should be able to open them but can't
    -Feeling like time is passing too quickly and there is something I've got to do soon
    -Old places, different times
    -Being exceptionally powerful, but moving as if through water
    -Meeting people I know from life
    -Meeting people that seem very unfamiliar who pass on insights into my own life (I infrequently remember them, sometimes only the gist or a word, but there is a particular 'feeling' like a current passing through my brain, reaching/exploding in all directions at once, touching everything I can see and know and making them new, better, making them seem more 'true'. I get this feeling when I'm awake at times too, which I've always considered to be inspiration.)
    -Moving through crowded places looking for a specific person and no one else matters
    -Experiencing a feeling of pure, euphoric, requited love
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Running late for work
    -Late for a final exam (including classes for which I never attended or even took or remembered anything about or realized that I had registered for the class but there was some sort of misunderstanding and the class was never dropped)
    -Late for class (like a final exam review... so usually some class that is critical that I attend)

I should note that I still have dreams about running late for final exams/classes even though I graduated almost 4 years ago from college.

-Running from or to something and not being able to run as fast as I know I can go
    -Meeting and talking to internet friends of mine or people that I'd like to meet (they are not mutually exclusive)
    -Gliding along the ground or falling
    -Surreal things (like dying or pulling objects out of my body or having a different physical appearance or being in a parallel dimension)
    -Familiar places that are slightly altered

I think the most often theme I experience in dreams is panic or sudden panic.

I've had panic attacks within dreams (hyperventilating in the dream/shortness of breath but not actually causing anything in real life except cold sweats I guess)

Yeah. :-/
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously I have a very bad imagination.

I forgot i frequently dream my teeth fell out. Those are by far the worst ones.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOOK OUT

its

THE DREAM POLICE!!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCDpFLAEIR4

Oh noooo-oooh!!!
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about car or plane crashing? sometimes i have that kind of dreams.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panic
    To dream that you are in a panic, indicates a lack of control and power in your life. You may be feeling helpless in some situation or unable to make a clear decision.
    *sigh*

Late
    To dream that you are late, denotes your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. You feel time is running out and that you do not have time to accomplish all the things you want.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I frequently get "instant re-run" dreams, where I begin the dream by moving about in a environment and interacting with people/beings and objects in the environment. But at a certain point in the dream, it starts over, either where it began before or at some intermediate point. Often something small will change this time around, but it's usually my behavior, as if I'm being given a choice to do something different this time around. But oddly enough, I usually get the feeling that I'm *supposed* to do things exactly the same way each time, and when I deviate and things from that point diverge from the original dream storyline, within the dream I feel anxious about the "new" outcome, and often make subsequent efforts to bring the new storyline back to the old one.
    Sometimes my dreams will "start over" several times, and upon waking I will remember most vividly the pieces that happened just before I made changes, and the first few events after the change. Then the memories fade within a minute or two, and I can almost never remember anything more than a detail or two.
    I should also mention that my dreams are intensely surreal. There may be stairs, but you'll have to climb over things nearby instead ... I may start off with a strange animal-hybrid body but change forms several times and randomly - unconnected with the events of the dream ... I may get the sense in one moment that I'm supposed to be doing something, and in the next minute understand that I'm supposed to be doing something else, with no attendant sense of transitioning ... I may meet other people or beings in the dream, and instantly know things about them in a kind of dream logic.
    So, while there is a sense of linear unfolding to the action itself, nothing else, including my own awareness of matters, is linear at all. I will (briefly) remember the chronology of my dreams upon awakening, but they will not conform to any kind of story form. That the chronology will sorta-kinda repeat itself via my starting-over phenomenon makes it even stranger!

Another interesting thing about my dreams is that I'll remember feeling sensations and emotions within my dreams - I'll see colors, smell odors, touch textures, experience tastes, etc., and my emotions are much more vivid than in waking life, especially anger and fear. But instantly upon awakening I have zero psychic residue. As soon as my mind realizes that those feelings were dream states, it accepts their unreality. So even though I have been terrified in dreams, I can't really say that I've ever had a nightmare, because when I think of nightmares, I think of people's descriptions of how disturbed they still are by they dreams after they've awoken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Creepy-bg

I had a dream once that my female best-friend (who I used to be limerant for) was somehow a plant. In the dream I was trying to cross polinate her with other plants in order to make her love me.

alot of my dreams have to do with elites of some sort preparing the world for their ascention to Godhood. Somewhere on the forum I posted one those before I think. Before anyone says it, I've had these dreams my whole life... way before I discovered the fun of reading conspiracy sites.

I once had a dream where I was trying to pee and all of these people kept coming into the bathroom to talk to me and look at my junk... so I looked up in the air and said "Do you think we could get a few more people in this dream?!?"

I could go on for hours on my dreams... I remember alot of them, in pretty good detail, even ones from childhood. One suggestion for people who want to remember a dream or a part of a dream that's fading is to get into the same position you were in while sleeping. It sounds weird but it totally makes a difference... I think it's an anchoring thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely have dreams, but when I do it's always me trying to talk to someone, and them either not hearing me/noticing me or me being unable to speak for whatever reason. They're incredibly off putting.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have dreams of really shitty things happening.
    asd

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dreams

Go ahead and post your recent dreams

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I walked into a clothes store and there was 3 ragdoll kittens there, they were very cute and i remember they felt so soft i love cats.. my mum and sister were there as well and later in the dream i told my good friend about the kittens... apart from that not much happened!

what i thought was weird which i havent noticed before is i remember how everything felt..... ?? Si?? weird.. but cool!

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I got more sleep I'd have more dreams. I wish I did, they are the perfect means of escape and adventure. Also, the few I have are really weird.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    If I got more sleep I'd have more dreams. I wish I did, they are the perfect means of escape and adventure. Also, the few I have are really weird.
    My INTj/LII friend barely sleeps, but when she does her dreams are quite bizarre.. are you also INTj/LII

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far, the methods I have used have all pointed to ILI. Upon reflection, it's obvious I'm not LII, but the fact that there was uncertainty means it actually isn't readily obvious.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just wondering why is this in alpha quadra?

i recently had a dream that i had a baby, and there were some complications, somehow i went blind? and i had this huge house but i was confined to only one room, this library in the basement, because i had a tyrant of a husband who wouldn't allow me to go to other places, (even though i could before) so i had to raise my baby there.

i don't remember much else about it besides the end, where i randomly felt my skin and it felt disgusting, and i looked in the mirror for the first time since i became blind, because i suddenly wasn't anymore, and my skin was this grey ashy color, and i was wrinkly and my skin was hard. and i was really depressed and so i started tearing off my skin and stuff. and i wanted to kill myself but my husband showed up out of nowhere and got really angry, and told me that he was going to kill me, so he was about to. and then i woke up.

peachy, eh?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I don't really dream a lot.

But I do think that dreams are interesting. I don't think that they're just a bunch of random stuff, and they can be analysed. I think that dreams often describe your current state of feelings, even the deeply buried ones. If you want to find truth about yourself, then analyse your dreams.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    just wondering why is this in alpha quadra?

i recently had a dream that i had a baby, and there were some complications, somehow i went blind? and i had this huge house but i was confined to only one room, this library in the basement, because i had a tyrant of a husband who wouldn't allow me to go to other places, (even though i could before) so i had to raise my baby there.

i don't remember much else about it besides the end, where i randomly felt my skin and it felt disgusting, and i looked in the mirror for the first time since i became blind, because i suddenly wasn't anymore, and my skin was this grey ashy color, and i was wrinkly and my skin was hard. and i was really depressed and so i started tearing off my skin and stuff. and i wanted to kill myself but my husband showed up out of nowhere and got really angry, and told me that he was going to kill me, so he was about to. and then i woke up.

peachy, eh?
    Hehe not peachy, but mind if I analyze your dream a bit?

Are you worried about being a good mom someday? Are you worried about being trapped? Being alone? Being controlled by someone? Not looking good? Being old? Being unhealthy? Not being accepted by others? Not having time to think by yourself, or not having enough downtime?

Are you stressed about anything in your life right now?