View Poll Results: type of Charles Manson?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 16.67%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 8.33%
  • EIE (ENFj)

5 41.67%
  • LSI (ISTj)

2 16.67%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 8.33%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles Manson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Charles Manson

After watching these (especially the last one) im inclined to say SLE. What do you all think?

Last edited by silke; 10-02-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: updated links
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    After watching these (especially the last one) im inclined to say SLE. What do you all think?
    SLE makes sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting you say SLE because while i can see it in the last video, my first thought after watching the first video was IEI gone bad.

what i mean by that is basically that there was an intentional dramatic flare in his speech and certain metaphysical way of describing/questioning things. the tendency to raise a question (the answer which he assumes is expected of the audience), then answer it, revealing that he actually believes the opposite of what is expected, is apparent. while i would imagine that this tendency is due more to manic/psychotic behavior in his case, i would be interested to explore the possibility that this is either: a.) an example of Ni/Fe in dire need of dualization (and/or perhaps as an INFp victim learning only to victimize others through unhealthy interactions largely beyond his control) OR b.) an example of Se/Ti Ni-dual seeking in twisted fashion (Ni seeking as manifest in the poetic, rhetorical, metaphysical flare).

check out the interview with charlie rose (1 of 7):

Last edited by reyn_til_runa; 05-21-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm i could see that too especially after watching that charlie rose interview you posted. he definitely was trying to be deep with his paradoxes, metaphors, imagery, etc. however a few things:

1) in the 2nd video i posted when he basically tries to attack the judge when the judge didn't really do anything THAT awful to him other than reestablish his dominance in the courtroom pissed him off so much so (claiming that he had a system) that he lunged at him from across the room. now i no hes insane but to me that seems like sumthin very . Conversely, I can also see how it's DS seeing as he didn't really seem to mean it... it seemed to be more for dramatic effect seeing as he fell onto the floor rather than closer to the judge- allowing interveners to restrain him. This thus evoked a reaction out of his 3 female followers in the crowd- which i think was what he wanted to do by lunging at the judge (and sumthin an would be good at knowing this would happen) rather than to actually piss off the judge (which an would be more interested in doing to show him who's the boss of the courtroom). However this interpretation is a little nebulous seeing as it really depends on his intent. It just seemed to me like he didn't really mean to hurt him.

2) In reading about his early life on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

he seems almost to be too good at being at a very young age- natural even. im not so sure that these acts would come as easily or naturally to an IEI. however, he did seem to get caught an awful lot haha so maybe that was him needing his dual to help him to get away with more shit. however, he seemed to commit a bunch of the same crimes over and over again like robbery and grand theft auto so this makes me think that was DS. on the other hand, this could just be DS and trying to get away with it.

3) The fact that his mother sold him to some lady for a pitcher of beer makes me think that he's an SLE that received no love, couldn't fulfill his HA and repeatedly shows a complete disregard for his PoLR in favor of his 2 dominant functions. However, he seemed proud of his accomplishments- what he got away with, what he achieved ($$, women, etc.) and bragged about it which makes me feel like he could be an IEI showing off how skilled he is at using his valued, weak , .

4) Just the fact that he was a cult leader and had so many women groveling at his feet makes me automatically assume Beta NF in that they're able to charm the masses and then get them to do sum evil shit. however this is a stereotype and i cud see an SLE using his ability to get along with almost everyone ( HA/ PoLR) to manipulate these women to get him what he wants ().

therefore, i have no fucking clue

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    interesting you say SLE because while i can see it in the last video, my first thought after watching the first video was IEI gone bad.

what i mean by that is basically that there was an intentional dramatic flare in his speech and certain metaphysical way of describing/questioning things. the tendency to raise a question (the answer which he assumes is expected of the audience), then answer it, revealing that he actually believes the opposite of what is expected, is apparent. while i would imagine that this tendency is due more to manic/psychotic behavior in his case, i would be interested to explore the possibility that this is either: a.) an example of Ni/Fe in dire need of dualization (and/or perhaps as an INFp victim learning only to victimize others through unhealthy interactions largely beyond his control) OR b.) an example of Se/Ti Ni-dual seeking in twisted fashion (Ni seeking as manifest in the poetic, rhetorical, metaphysical flare).

check out the interview with charlie rose (1 of 7):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBH6U8Mf7kQ
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a very long interview with him on the History Channel this past winter break and was fairly convinced of IEI by the time it was over.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's mostly crazy, but I also think he's pretty misunderstood.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Beta NF type... gone bad.
    How many Beta NFs don't go bad? I wonder what's the percentage ratio?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Examples: Gandhi (INFp) Martin Luther King, Jr. (ENFj)
    Yeah, they 've gone pretty bad. Not to mention ******.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's part 3 of the charlie rose interview:

i find his speech to be impeccably timed.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah im def leaning towards IEI. on the other hand, wtf are bets nfs crazy? lol
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think manson istj-ti

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are crazy people of all types, but I think Beta NF types are naturally great at manipulation, and this can be a highly dangerous thing for an insane person to have in their possession. It's not always a bad thing though; a lot of the time a Beta NF will use their powers of manipulation for good over evil.

(btw, Your Avatar is awesome liveandletlive )
    thanks!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"^why? there is Ti in his utterances, but it doesn't seem like Manson used it to satiate an Fe DS"

w/ Manson Fe will appear warped from your common conception of it. It will be reduced to its most basic definition: the stability of external states of affairs relative to themselves. This is the impression I got from his Ti speeches... trying to stabilize and justify his Fe relevance to the world / situatedness in the world in the name of fitting in with the framework

"much less protect an Ne POLR."

This is something I think you're not thinking about. Every time he is asked "why did you kill XXX" he goes off with a Ti rant trying to protect Ne PoLR

"i think an ISTj gone bad would more likely ascend and use an existing power structure to ill ends, rather than create their own on the fringe."

that is one difference between ISTj-Se and ISTj-Ti.
    He also grew up .. in a prison.

"the way Manson describes the "family" i think differs a lot from Se-HA gone bad"

.. I just disagree.
    Building a state of political affairs which is judged favorable for oneself implies creative Se & Fe DS. This final state of affairs is a Fe impression... it is created using Se. ISTj-Ti has Se creative function.

There is something beyond these reasonings informing my opinion... direct interaction w/ a crazy ISTj-Ti, and direct interaction w/ an INFp-Ni ... Manson reminds me of the ISTj. Call it subjective
    Last edited by crazedrat; 05-22-2008 at 05:35 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Charles Manson

I was thinking SLE or ILE, but what do you think based on these videos other than the fact that he is insane? He does sound pretty level headed when he was younger, when he's older he seems to be a bit out of it.

Last edited by Raver; 08-11-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah a real shame. He was like the next john lennon or something

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny guy. probably SLE.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the fuck cares what such a psychopath's sociotype is?! To the guillotine!!!...

Off with his head!! Such scums shouldn't be left alive by society!!

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He vis like istj.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with LSE-se for Manson.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Wow!, typings are everywhere for Manson. I guess being a crazed sociopath can make it difficult to type him. I think ILE and SLE are most likely as he seems EXXP in his behaviour and seems to me as valuing and devaluing. I'm just unsure if his dominant is or . He is very forceful in his actions, which could indicate strong , however he also seems to be looking at things very metaphorically, which could indicate strong .
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charlie's natural ability was giving direction. His stated drive is to bring order back into the world. Emphasis on order, hierarchy. That to me is specifically xSTJ. He was also drawn to objects/ideas for the power that it gave him to enslave the will of others. Such as LSD, scientology. Very crude, practical use of Te there.

Vibe wise loud and trampling over space. Lots of extroverted eye contact. Crass, as well. In the interview: "I'm going to take a shit." Overall, reminds me of a few junkyard LSEs I knew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Also, you have the worst avatar on this entire forum.
    I was actually thinking about that. I don't think I've ever seen an avatar that ignites a fiery rage in me just by looking at it..... but his or her or whatever fucking gender that appeals to does.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he was an EIE, but obviously insane and not a good exemplification of the type.
    The self-labeled "guru" had a proficiency in manipulating people with his grandeur ideology and charismatic charm, something I think EIE's tend to excel at more than any other type, inspiring people to such an intense devotion (IMO Martin Luther King Jr and likely Jesus being more positive examples of this)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

I think people overstate his "manipulative" abilities. I think what happened is mostly a result of circumstance and dumbfound timing.

The guy essentially grew up in the prison system, and at the time he was released you had american society in the middle of the whole 1960's rebellion against 1950's america.

1) you have a guy who doesn't integrate into society well, his best option for finding people to interact with was with the counter-culture as they didn't want to integrate with society.

2) you have a revolution going on based on freedom of people's inner desires and rebelling against the strict bureaucratic ordered/controlled/standardized mentality of the 1950's. When a person from the prison world jumps on board with this its no wonder his concept of rebellion involves something from his experience in prison. I mean the entire idea of helter skelter... killing rich white people, blaming it on black people, and then letting the white and black people kill each other so that a new order can be established sounds like someone projecting their experience from prison onto normal society.

I think what happened with the manson murders is still horrible, but it seems like his media image as some highly influential cult leader who is incredibly intelligent is overplayed, I find that instead of buying into the whole idea of him as the boogey man its easy to follow the events and clearly see how it happened in a rational manner without the need for all the fear/hype. In fact I find that in some ways the events, while not justifiable, are in a way an expression of the problems of the era.... the disillusioned counter-culture and the convict who is jaded and can't integrate into society. Looking beyond the horrific events its almost sympathetic, it makes you feel bad for how shitty our society is, how ineffective the prison system is and how it jades people and how lost people are fling from one extreme reaction movement to the next. I find that instead of living in fear over the whole thing, instead I can kind of begin to understand the events and get a sense of sympathy for the whole thing in the big picture. Manson's life is pretty much over, people will never let him out, what happened shocked society so much, that he is almost a symbol for the fears of an entire era, keeping him locked up psychologically protects people from having to confront those fears, but it will never solve the problem, its only really been transmuted and evolved to a more progressive point.

I don't know what type he is, NT or NF seems like a good bet but people in prison always seem more ST than they may really be, all I can say is intuition is obvious as he's a lot more perceptive in that way than your typical inmate.
    Last edited by male; 08-13-2011 at 08:32 AM.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neverthesame View Post
    Who the fuck cares what such a psychopath's sociotype is?! To the guillotine!!!...

So, basically you're no better than he is—if not worse, since you wish your hands of personal responsibility for murder in the name of 'society'.

Also, you have the worst avatar on this entire forum. Jesus fucking christ.
    There are states where the capital punishment is still applied, in the 21st century. Do you consider this to be an anachronism? Actually, I think the Law of the Talion is not unjust. Why should criminals be supported by the working population? Don't give me the "you're no better than them" reply. When sociopaths take someone's life (too often by horrible methods), they lose their human rights. If they knew they would be properly punished maybe they would think twice before taking someone's life. The electric chair is the only more scary method I can think of, and unfortunately it's no longer applied.

You must have no sense of humor, if you don't like my avatar...

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer1an View Post
    Also, you have the worst avatar on this entire forum.
    I was actually thinking about that. I don't think I've ever seen an avatar that ignites a fiery rage in me just by looking at it..... but his or her or whatever fucking gender that appeals to does.
    I'm a "she", obviously. How could a man ever use an avatar like this??
    I couldn't expect anything else from an ILI...

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched some videos of him. Haven't seen him before, he's fascinating. He seems to be Creative subtype. Probably C-EIE.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reminds me of Gilly.

Here he reminds me of New Born Star. For entertainment replace Jesus with socionics. Instant New Born Star.

Beta freaks. Oh yea, I think he's EIE. Definitely beta though.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are states where the capital punishment is still applied, in the 21st century. Do you consider this to be an anachronism? Actually, I think the Law of the Talion is not unjust. Why should criminals be supported by the working population? Don't give me the "you're no better than them" reply. When sociopaths take someone's life (too often by horrible methods), they lose their human rights. If they knew they would be properly punished maybe they would think twice before taking someone's life. The electric chair is the only more scary method I can think of, and unfortunately it's no longer applied.

You must have no sense of humor, if you don't like my avatar...

This is incredibly disturbing because it only means one thing: Roberpierre would find your avatar funny.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, basically you're no better than he is—if not worse, since you wish your hands of personal responsibility for murder in the name of 'society'.

Also, you have the worst avatar on this entire forum. Jesus fucking christ.
    I wash my hands of personal responsibility for murder in the name of society.
    I want to be the next dexter. or better yet, let there be a real life dexter, and I'll be his lumen.
    charles manson coulda be EIE.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-LSI is a good typing for Manson.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Manson bump*

Pretty sure he's an Fe leading type. No way LSI or something like that. Remember he was a musician by profession, very social and emotionally skilled. Sometimes during interviews he randomly breaks out into song. What do people think about ESE?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think we can all agree he's beta gone bad.

From the video clip, I'd say EIE most likely maybe SLE.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I hate typing bad people because I feel like it shouldn't matter. They are a product of a lot of things and a lot of it isn't type related.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    But bad people have necks too. At least the ones still gracefully being kept alive. Look at the inner neck beyond their outer problems. Where the problems of this life fade, a neck will still always be a neck.

I just feel like the news is also overbearing and society comes down too hard on certain individuals as well.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Well, hey there, cutie

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Charles Manson, ILE
    Jim Jones, ILE
    L Ron Hubbard, ILE
    FDR, ILE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILE, not EIE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Whyyyyyyyyhy? Oh why!!!!
    -

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-LSI imo... I think he's a good example of how ego but slightly misguided Se can phase into completely fucked and haphazard Fe.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast