Thread: Peter Cook

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ENFj perhaps? He reminds me of Peter Sellers (type=?) in the way they both did silly voices and eccentric characters, though Cook did a wider range.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a few quotes I just found:
    • I think I ran out of ambition at 24... Indolent. I see nothing wrong with that. (I have a hard time imagining someone of a quadra saying this.)
    • Playing rugby at school I once fell on a loose ball and, through ignorance and fear, held on despite a fierce pummeling. After that it took me months to convince my team-mates I was a coward.
    • The most ordinary thing like appearing on Clive James fills me with panic, I don't much enjoy being on television. I'd rather be sarcastic to myself. I'd rather do it for a few people socially, but it would be a bit rude to take up a collection after dinner.
    • There's terrific merit in having no sense of humour, no sense of irony, practically no sense of anything at all. If you're born with these so-called defects you have a very good chance of getting to the top. (Critical of / social climbing and maybe - to a small degree - the Serious dichotomy.)
    • I may have done some other things as good but I am sure none better. I haven't matured, progressed, grown, become deeper, wiser, or funnier. But then, I never thought I would.
    • Tragically I was an only twin. (a joke)
    Last edited by Logos; 08-11-2008 at 05:43 PM.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added commentary to some of the quotes.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He reminds me of our Gilly. Very much.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.