Thread: Alpha Dream

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha Dream

Out of curiousity, how would you Alphas characterize an ideal/good relationship? What is important to have/avoid? What kind of activities/traits/etc are most desirable?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-bg

I was going to say that usually I'm naked at school and late for a test... but your post doesn't match the thread title

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think my ideal relationship is the the ENTp/ISFp dual description on Lytov's site, plus the sex life of INFp/ESTp.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i realize i probably should not include types in the description.

The relationship in alpha should allow its partners to marvel at the world without judgment, and should enable creativity for the betterment of humanity/society?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that make us a trifecta (Nick and I)??

Hrmm....what I have, minus the odd argument. Bliss.

Which is:

A buddy to:
    -play on words and events with
    -cuddle and cook with
    -carry on about painful dual beta house mates/parents with
    -observe/play with/teach/raise the doggies with
    -explore new places with
    -share experiences with
    -take camping on on long walks.

Yes, it's bleedingly pathetic, but it's fun!

Like this morning, we were eating our morning weet bix and the conversation somehow turned from some observational trinket to german sheizen jokes. It takes a special kind of person to appreciate that kind of humour! Lol
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm having a picnic with someone I love very much and we are throwing sweets at each other.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone I want so much, and never get tired of. Similarly this is equally returned, and I feel secure and so happy.
    ENTp... love it

3w2

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i think my ideal relationship is the the ENTp/ISFp dual description on Lytov's site, plus the sex life of INFp/ESTp.
    Perhaps those should be added to the Wiki.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by EllaC; 05-06-2008 at 07:59 AM.
    ENTp... love it

3w2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets expand the question a bit: what is the ultimate Alpha life?

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 4 elements essential to the Alpha life:
    • Whimsy
    • Novelty
    • Adventure
    • Relaxation
    These elements can be combined with more "practical" concerns. For example singing while doing dishes, or mowing the yard like it's a jungle you're going through to get to some treasure. These elements can be enhanced by a healthy relationship, where you enjoy these (mis)adventures together.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    • Whimsy
    • Novelty
    • Adventure
    • Relaxation
    These elements can be combined with more "practical" concerns. For example singing while doing dishes, or mowing the yard like it's a jungle you're going through to get to some treasure. These elements can be enhanced by a healthy relationship, where you enjoy these (mis)adventures together.
    This man consistently speaks the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Alpha Dream" can probably be stated in more precise socionics terms, and help explain the concept and mechanisms of "dualization" in general. The idea is that individuals would like to substitute unvalued functions in the super-ego for the corresponding valued functions in the super-id. Because this is an alpha thread, and because I can describe alpha desires subjectively in detail, I will use the alpha function blocks as an example. (Note: I will use the masculine pronoun "he" for NTs and "she" for SFs for the sake of simplicity, even though I know there are female NTs and male SFs. Get over it.)

Individuals with an ego block of Ne and Ti (ILE/ENTp and LII/INTj) feel uncomfortable when forced to resort to the sheer willpower of Se or the relational attitudes of Fi. Note that I am not saying that Se = willpower or force, but that the ability to just power through circumstances as a raw act of the will, barely considering the end goal or current enjoyment, is an Se ability, especially as it appears to Ne users. Doing something like this while being required to control and express his own Fi only adds to the difficulty. When an Ne and Ti user approaches a "boring" or "pointless" task, one which cannot be cut short through a feat of cleverness, or appreciated for some fundamental attribute, he is forced to use Se to continue through. When a task requires maintaining and understanding the relational states of Fe, relying on the nuances in communication that show inner reaction, he feels befuddled and weak. These elements, being his role and vulnerable functions, are painful and infuriating, leaving the individual frustrated at his own lack of ability in these areas. This state, it seems, cannot be maintained for too long, and the user finds no satisfaction herein.

What the Ne and Ti user would like to do is convert those painful situations into something more comfortable and motivating. Unfortunately, the counterpart elements are dynamic aspects, and he, being of static mind, cannot generate and control that information very competently. When an Fe and Si user is present and psychologically close to the Ne and Ti user (e.g., in a strong friendship or romantic relationship), she can generate and control these aspects of information for him. This means that she can replace the objective statics of Se with the subjective dynamics of Si, substituting the process of experiencing the external qualities of a task for the static will to get through it. (This, perhaps, is why Si is so conflated with "comfort" in socionics. With its originator and many of its most prominent figures being ILE, it is surely hard for them to separate the subjective "comfort" they feel in the presence of Si from the actual IM element.) Additionally, the Fe user can now replace the subjective statics of Fi with the objective dynamics of Fe. This is essentially making the states of relational orientation and closeness be expressed dynamically as more or less visible emotions.

(To be continued)

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    • Whimsy
    • Novelty
    • Adventure
    • Relaxation
    Hmm, those seem like the essentials of the ILE/SEI life. Those 4 points seem to relate directly to , while neglecting the pair. Here are some possible ones for those two:

• Making sense of the world / making everything fit together
    • enjoying the company of others in a light-hearted environment

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borromean-ring View Post
    Hmm, those seem like the essentials of the ILE/SEI life. Those 4 points seem to relate directly to , while neglecting the pair. Here are some possible ones for those two:
    • Making sense of the world / making everything fit together
    • enjoying the company of others in a light-hearted environment
    Good point. "Understanding your reality" is an ILE/SEI thing too. I guess I was just speaking more personally about this.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well put, jriddy. Also, your wiki ruminations on duality show a lot of promise, I think.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend