Thread: Question for ENFP ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for ENFP ~

Hello guys,

This is my first post. I am a ENFP(B4) & don't know whether still a ENFP now.
    When i grow up and get older, i find i am more introvert and always ignore the external world. Am i a INFP(now) ??

So, my Qs is that. Will any ENFP ever think that u are not only a ENFP, but also other type like INTP, INTJ, ENFJ, INFP etc... that just depend on situation ~

J

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hello guys,

When i grow up and get older, i find i am more introvert and always ignore the external world. Am i a INFP(now) ??

So, my Qs is that. Will any ENFP ever think that u are not only a ENFP, but also other type like INTP, INTJ, ENFJ, INFP etc... that just depend on situation ~

J
    Hey mate. I cant stay long as i have to study for an exam in 4 hours . Not sure of your type but this is quite a common thing among ENFp's. Google "quiet enfp" and heaps of pages will come up. I entertained the idea that i might be INFp for a day or so. Ive heard we have been classified as the most introverted of the extraverts. We dont have very strong so were not always inclined to go out and about. We dont really value even though we are strong in it so we aren't really into huge amounts of emotional expression unless its beneficial to us. Fe types like to shoot the breeze a bit more than Fi types perhaps? I think our / can make us go into our heads to process information a fair bit. I personally find a lot of conversations booring so im just happy to sit back and watch things unfold. Every now and then when im with a group of people i dont know, i may decide to use some Fi. If things go well, sometimes my senses will sharpen and i feel like i know exactly what to do. I will suddenly understand how to use Fi even without others knowing due to my my timing, voice inflection, where im standing, what im saying. When this occurs you will see an extravert, because that is really addictive, and i will go from person to person trying it out until im satisfied or everyone goes home.

That being said, its always in bursts for me. I wont really care about going out much for a while (could be a few months), then all in the course of a week i might go out 5 or 6 times. I think you would really see that extraversion when you have no one to hang out with. It's this painful time where you feel you must get out and about. At the moment i personally feel pretty extraverted, i feel like getting out a bit. Btw according to socionics, you can and will only ever be one type (except for maybe smilexes socionics).

Why dont you post a description of yourself in whats my type and see how it goes
    Last edited by meatburger; 04-30-2008 at 11:26 PM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Hey mate. I cant stay long as i have to study for an exam in 4 hours . Not sure of your type but this is quite a common thing among ENFp's. I entertained the idea that i might be INFp for a day or so. Ive heard we have been classified as the most introverted of the extraverts. We dont have very strong so were not always inclined to go out and about. We dont really value even though we are strong in it so we aren't really into huge amounts of emotional expression unless its beneficial to us. I think our / can make us go into our heads to process information a fair bit. I personally find a lot of conversations booring so im just happy to sit back and watch things unfold.

That being said, its always in bursts for me. I wont really care about going out much for a while (could be a few months), then all in the course of a week i might go out 5 or 6 times. I think you would really see that extraversion when you have no one to hang out with. It's this painful time where you feel you must get out and about. At the moment i personally feel pretty extraverted, i feel like getting out a bit. Btw according to socionics, you can and will only ever be one type (except for maybe smilexes socionics).

Why dont you post a description of yourself in whats my type and see how it goes
    This is a great description, and in my experience, true. I'm moving today, so I'll respond quickly now, but probably at greater length later...

Like mb, I've considered INFp too, (also for about a day, haha,) because I do enjoy spending time by myself, and being relatively quiet, (compared w/ other extraverts...) ENFps, as mb said, are probably the most introverted (in the common sense of the word) extraverted type, and thus probably the type most likely to get confused about the E/I difference.

If you find yourself "ignoring" the outside world, (as opposed to being just kinda low-key,) you're probably a different socionics type... Or maybe you're ENFp, but depressed..? I write this because ENFps, generally, are very engaged with the outside world--as a source of information, ideas, fun, etc. As opposed to an INFp, for example, who are very engaged with their imaginations, (and thus very creative and original.)

Ok, I gotta get back to moving, but will write more soon. Peace

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ask people around here they will probably tell you that it doesn't work like MBTI where you can simply switch each axis and become INFP if you are a very introverted ENFP.

They will probably say that once you go beyond some point then everything inside the psyche changes. In socionics, the mirror of IEE (ENFp) is EII (INFj) not IEI (INFp), which is not only introverted, but also rational. The temperament of the type changes. IEE is negativist and EII is positivist. And so on.

But never forget, you that are new to socionics, that most people around here are already "contaminated" (deluded and prejudiced) and prone to ignore a reality which is very complex in favor of a theory which is easier to understand. So they will try to convince you that your observations are wrong and that you should adapt them to the theory instead of adapting the theory to the real world.

If you ask me, I would answer you that you can be an introvert and still be IEE, because introversion is caused not only by the primary mode of thinking, but also by the balance of the rest of the functions. Maybe in your particular person the balance of all extroverted functions (Ne Se Fe Te) is lower than the balance of the introverted functions (Ni Si Fi Ti) and you spend more time introverting than extroverting, making you an introvert for all intends and purposes.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Johnny! I also agree w/ these guys about the quiet thing. I also thought I was an INFp (for a whole week). I was preparing myself for a dark, deep poetic and tortured life, when some of my friends read it and insisted it sounded nothing like me. I actually wanted to be the ENFp one, but was always shy so people told me I was introverted and I believed them.

But then when I figured out I was an E, I almost felt silly telling people that, as many people (who didn't know me very well) assumed I wan an I because I'm not loud.

I agree w/ meatburger (as usual...it must be the Fi subtype connection, lol) about the going out and staying in thing. This week I think I went out 4 nights in a row to the point where I had not slept or eaten three meals in a day. I literally ran from lunch to brunch to museum to club, which was great fun until I was so tired I could barely walk, lol. Where as other times, I'm actually much happier reading or working on a project or something, and sometimes will be totally alone for a while (so long as there are other humans in close proximity).

I think the key thing is where you get energy from. If it's produced within yourself, introvert. If you need to suck some up from your surroundings (people or environments), than extrovert.

I get jealous of introverts not needing outside stuff to recharge. It's more expensive and time consuming to go out and make friends all the time, but there's no other way for an extrovert. Though, I do get energy just from walking through crowds, loud places, restaurants with plates clinking, sidewalks full of herds of people, etc. I actually seek out stimulating places because it gives me energy, where as alone, I'll zone out and feel drained. I may look quiet in those situations, but I'm not an introvert. So that might help you distinguish between the two.

And Mikemex, very interesting thoughts. It made me laugh out loud, because I can be guilty of trying to squeeze everything in to fit the theory for the most part. But then again, the theory has always proven true for me, so I buy into it for sure.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside: meatburger, are you the Fi subtype too? Are there any other Ne subtypes out there? Tereg, you are, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Aside: meatburger, are you the Fi subtype too? Are there any other Ne subtypes out there? Tereg, you are, right?
    ah, sorry! just noticed meatburger is undecided on that (clearly in the sig). For some reason I had thought he'd said he was Fi, but I forget things.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    ah, sorry! just noticed meatburger is undecided on that (clearly in the sig). For some reason I had thought he'd said he was Fi, but I forget things.

To be honest i dont really place much stock in subtypes just like Rick. I dont really care about them. Sometimes i exhibit strong Fi, sometimes strong Ne. I think that we dont even have a reliable method for measuring whether a person has each function yet we are trying to break the function strength down even further. It seems to me that subtypes could even be dependent on how the person is at one time rather than in general.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post

It seems to me that subtypes could even be dependent on how the person is at one time rather than in general.
    Great!! That is my point ~
    The type seems to be change with mood, situation and people.

sometimes, when I weak up and i will know that today is F-me, surround with feeling(productivity rate will decrease!!) or even little depression that not more interest in external world.

But sometime will be N-me that crazy positive, and like to adventure. Everything seems excellent, interesting and will make u happy ~
    Who am i?

Haha, I am who i am.
    The adventurer, the dream maker, the creative thinker.
    I love the life and like to meet people !!

So, let's explore the world together ~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, i'm a new enfp too. Some times i feel really introvertet, but most days i'm annoyingly extrovertet, ha ha. Reding the profiles though i can only be ENFp. The Ni description made me go O_o
    n00bIEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello guys,

J
    Is that a picture of you and your child in your avatar? If so, what an adorable kid you have. <3 <3 <3
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, dattabayo ~
    This place is fantastic !!

Yep, It seems most ENFP have its quiet moment especially in the depression state (deadline, aggressive people, relation problem or just nothing to do...)
    Who am i?

Haha, I am who i am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Is that a picture of you and your child in your avatar? If so, what an adorable kid you have. <3 <3 <3

HaHa, This is my friend's Kid in his wedding. She is little sad that day ~
    BTW, your picture is so COOL ~
    Who am i?

Haha, I am who i am.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, dattabayo ~
    This place is fantastic !!
    thanx, so i hear
    n00bIEE