Thread: Question for my Identicals

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for my Identicals

ISFps, do you ever have difficulty putting your thoughts into words?

I constantly struggle to find the right words to say what I'm thinking, for some reason it's very difficult most of the time. I mean of course not with simple things but sometimes thoughts that are only slightly complex drive me insane because I can't match the words to the thoughts.

Here's another question: Do you think in words? A lot of the time I don't. My thoughts can be weird...abstract...I suppose I think in impressions a lot among other things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AGH!!!

I JUST SUBMITTED THAT TWICE ON ACCIDENT!

Ignore the copy of this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Oops?
    yes. oops.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were an ISFp, my answer would most definitely be yes.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mime, usually not. I usually know what I am trying to say. But if there is a concept in my head that has not been put into words, I struggle terribly.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Mime, usually not. I usually know what I am trying to say. But if there is a concept in my head that has not been put into words, I struggle terribly.
    Funny, I had a feeling you were going to say that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    If I were an ISFp, my answer would most definitely be yes.
    LOL x2
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    Funny, I had a feeling you were going to say that.
    oo wow how did you know I was going to say that exactly. Before I thought of it a little, I was just going to nod and smile.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    oo wow how did you know I was going to say that exactly. Before I thought of it a little, I was just going to nod and smile.
    I didn't know you were going to say that EXACTLY.
    I had a feeling you MIGHT say somethign ALONG THOSE LINES.
    Something about how what I said wasn't really true for you.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - I think in impressions too. But I like to translate those impressions into words, if only to clarify the matter for myself. Once I've done that, it's all there and I'm good to go. :-) Sometimes I feel very eloquent, other times it definitely feels like something's disconnected. I think this is usually the case when I'm nervous or stressed or tired.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prolly made it seem worse than it is.
    I mean it's not so bad that it actually impairs my communication with others or anything.
    And actually most of the time I CAN put those abstract thoughts into words it can just take a really really long time though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Yeah - I think in impressions too. But I like to translate those impressions into words, if only to clarify the matter for myself. Once I've done that, it's all there and I'm good to go. :-) Sometimes I feel very eloquent, other times it definitely feels like something's disconnected. I think this is usually the case when I'm nervous or stressed or tired.
    hmmm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    The few vivid, complex, and insightful flashes of thought I have are lost in communication. I end up sounding confused and dumb to other people. That's my problem.

I like the impressions thing you mentioned. Actually, I agree with pretty much everything you said.
    Actually I think this happens to IEIs too. Whenever I've went back to read through things I've posted I've felt like almost, or very, embarrassed, like even though at the time I wrote it it seemed fine now it just seems dumb - for this reason I try to avoid reading anything I've written. I think this is where Te-PoLR for INFps and ISFps plays a role. Like when we're talking/typing we're operating on an more of an emotional level, not thinking things through, then someone makes a criticism we're not prepared for it goes straight to heart, makes our faces pale, and we suddenly start communicating in an extremely formal, slower-paced way, using correct punctuation and grammar (no OMGs or LOLs! or AHHHHHH) purposefully trying too hard not to look like an idiot. And this extends to other things, like I think actors/actresses that are IxFp are often the ones that can't bear watching the movies they star in without getting an anxiety attack lol.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Actually I think this happens to IEIs too. Whenever I've went back to read through things I've posted I've felt like almost, or very, embarrassed, like even though at the time I wrote it it seemed fine now it just seems dumb - for this reason I try to avoid reading anything I've written. I think this is where Te-PoLR for INFps and ISFps plays a role. Like when we're talking/typing we're operating on an more of an emotional level, not thinking things through, then someone makes a criticism we're not prepared for it goes straight to heart, makes our faces pale, and we suddenly start communicating in an extremely formal, slower-paced way, using correct punctuation and grammar (no OMGs or LOLs! or AHHHHHH) purposefully trying too hard not to look like an idiot. And this extends to other things, like I think actors/actresses that are IxFp are often the ones that can't bear watching the movies they star in without getting an anxiety attack lol.
    I relate to feeling like an idiot about things I've said that I haven't thought through properly - occaaaaaaasionally about things I've written, but not so much, because I'm usually not operating on an emotional level when I'm writing - well, maybe initially - but I take advantage of the fact that you can edit to your heart's content before you release it to the public. :-) What you wrote about how a criticism that you're not expecting affects you - I certainly relate to that ... but as far as the reaction goes I don't think I would start acting formal. I would make light of it or try to joke about it so as to make it appear like it didn't affect me much ... unless I feel it was unwarranted - then I might counterattack . But I find it interesting what you said - because I've noticed INTps doing that - suddenly retreating and acting formal when they're offended. I think it's more important for ISFps to present a good image (externally), so if someone got me in my polr, I would be like "LOL! Yeah - I can't believe I'm so dumb!" - while inwardly kicking myself.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I agree.
    yes-man

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES. THAT. WORDS.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often have the experience of reading something someone has written heard something someone has said and going "AGH! I've been trying to figure out how to say that for weeks!" when they were able to articulate it right then and there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I don't think it's easy for anyone to put their thoughts into words. Some people may have a easier time blowing hot air tho.

This is a obvious statement. I couldn't figure out a convoluted way to say it with lots of descriptions and examples.

The statement is not trivial.

Misunderstanding is just one person away..
    You do have a point.
    People of all types will at times have difficulty putting things into words.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    It may not be that they thought of it right then and there... but rather that they chewed on those thoughts for a long time and found a moment to say it.
    Yeah I thought about that. In some instances that was the case but in others it wasn't.