Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duality

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Me too. As a kid, I was pretty small so I could fit in all the places nobody looked for, like towel cupboards and stuff.
    Except that ENTps like me liked to hide in those places just for fun to see if we can fit.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I probably hide from my dual. I hide from everyone. I like hiding. When I was a child I liked to hide under clothing racks (the circular ones). It's some complex I have. I like it when people make fun of me for hiding... it draws me out.
    i hid in clothes racks and then jumped out to scare whoever i was with

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hide in my head.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my brother is my dual. He drives me mad at times We're totally different but at the same time we agree on a lot of stuff. it's cool

My sister is my super ego something. I read that we're not supposed to get along well but she is easily my best bud.

oh. and my friend is istp as well. She's really easy to get along with
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is IEE. That makes me seriously doubt my type because even through we get along and it's all good, I doubt it's duality.

However, I'd say my relation with my LII friend is duality. Or semi duality, or activity. Because only after we parted did I realize just how much I depended on him for stuff. I took for grated that he will take care of things for me. It's was like something was missing, like a piece, chunk of me left as well. Like a supporting pillar left. I actually had to get use to not relying on him, not assuming he will be there for me to take care of stuff. It wasn't easy and I still don't like it, I'd much prefer to rely on him.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    My best friend is IEE. That makes me seriously doubt my type because even through we get along and it's all good, I doubt it's duality.

However, I'd say my relation with my LII friend is duality. Or semi duality, or activity. Because only after we parted did I realize just how much I depended on him for stuff. I took for grated that he will take care of things for me. It's was like something was missing, like a piece, chunk of me left as well. Like a supporting pillar left. I actually had to get use to not relying on him, not assuming he will be there for me to take care of stuff. It wasn't easy and I still don't like it, I'd much prefer to rely on him.
    if youre talking about being ISTp, i have an ISTp who emails me out of the blue saying she misses me. Who knew she loved me being a little shy crab hiding in her shell.

I know an ESE at work who makes me feel good inside. we're not friends though. There was another guy who was kind of attractive in conversation only, and i think if i spent a lot of time with him we could have dated. Definitely a subtle attraction there, and i would say based only on a mutual interest in music. You have to have something to talk about in order for duality to take effect, or maybe to have it be set in motion at a noticable speed. He left the company though before i could get closer to him.

But, I have had relations to varying degrees with Beta NFs, and i have to admit their Fe did feel pretty damn good. actually im thinking that INFp Fe feels damn good and ENFj Fe made me feel like i was being allowed to urinate or let go of my breath after a long time of not being able to.. pee or breathe. I'm not used to there being no obstacles you know.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    This is really good.

I've come to think of INFps, especially the Fe ones, as sort of the mediators between the quadras. It's like they flit around and get along with everyone. It's so cool.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    ^ fake smile.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    ^ fake smile.
    Well, at least I'm genuine in other respects.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok...

so now i think that my childhood best friend might have been my dual. I thought she was ExFx or ISFp forever but I really don't know her anymore. Asking some people here I have tentatively typed her ESFj.

Anyway I wanted to list her because I think it's the only significant dual relationship that I had. It also coold be helpful because I know if it was not a dual relation it was probably one that was complimentary. As children we were drawn to each other and never questioned the friendship, stayed together pretty much 24-7 and never got bored. Rather wanted to stay over at each other's houses longer, etc. The drift came when we went to college and what I considered to be a betrayal occurred, since then never discussing that, compounded with what I saw as a change in values and basically no interests in common, we've been distant. Yet, when we are talking it's something strange, i see her at our mutual friends' parties or gatherings and we still are able to talk at length to the exclusion of the rest of the group. there just isnt any substance to feed the duality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Us ENTps always scare our duals away....

Se-ISFj 6w5 sx/sp
    That's funny...

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slaven View Post
    That's funny...
    I think its' funny jriddy scaring someone

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slaven View Post
    That's funny...
    Well, now I know why I scared SEIs.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Well, now I know why I scared SEIs.
    FTR, I still scare a lot of ISFps. Maybe I am Gamma too? Or maybe there is another explanation altogether.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    FTR, I still scare a lot of ISFps. Maybe I am Gamma too? Or maybe there is another explanation altogether.
    Maybe the ISFp's in question just suck.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes there is! PoLR is just too scary in the first touch. People really need to know each other better and wuala, ISFp don't run away ;P This is from my point of view. Tell us how do you scare ISFps, maybe they are not ISFp at all and you had misstyped

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like you, jriddy. I'll bet if you don't give up on them, even if they're scared at first, once they got to know you better they would come back around until they're hooked.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Maybe the ISFp's in question just suck.
    well that could certainly also be the case.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard you talk about ISFps and how they get all quiet around you. With me, they don't shut up. Then I have to be a bitch because they can't take a hint that I want them to shut up. That's why I scare them.

I don't know why they're scared of you. Probably because you're huge and make weird voices when you speak.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two dual friends in Real Life. One is now back in America. She is pretty loud and would hold court in social situations ... so we didn't really hit it off at first. Then we went on this road-trip together and got on great after that.

The other one is more quiet and very witty, and we clicked pretty much from the start.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two relationships I have been in have been with my duals. I currently have a good friend who is a dual. Life is just better with a dual partner

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The only female INFj I might know is my pen pal. But she might be an INFp. When we met in rl, I mainly focused on and .

My best friend in 7th grade was an INFj. We got along wonderfully, and considered getting married eventually. He moved away, though.

I had a good friend in my theatre class who's an INFj, but he moved away. He was a lot of fun and it was good to have a around, but it was gross when he licked himself or acted like a female ESFp.

My pastor is an INFj, but I don't know him well. The only INFj I'm around now is a kid in my theatre class, but we're not around each other much.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like im getting stared off by a dual girl on msn right now. We have an odd history, and last night i did the stupid thing of sending her a message about how she makes me furious and crazy at the same time. So now shes on msn, and she blocked me for a while half an hour ago (i have a block checker) and now shes just online. I said hi but haven't heard anything. Deafening silence. So ive just blocked her and trying to ignore it

I have a strong instinct this ones gonna end badly
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality isn't everything.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Duality isn't everything.
    It's close. But yeah, you're right, lol.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My duals have typically been intimidated by me. I'm not all the easy to get along with at a close psychological distance.
    I don't know about that. I love your sx/so-ness.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIDDY CAN'T HEAR YOU ANYMORE

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend in my childhood was an SLI guy. At the moment, the only dual I spend time with is my brother-in-law (SLI-Si).

I've never been romantically involved with a dual. My closest relationships have been with SEI and ILI. Though I missed the opportunity with an SLI girl when I was pretty young. I was very shy back then and didn't like her to be very straight forward about it...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EIE-Se
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one friend who's a confirmed LSI and he was probably my only time experiencing duality. He's dating one of my best friends and it's always nice to hang out with both of them together.

My youngest brother is also my dual but he's such a little shit. He's ~9 years younger than I am and stopped talking to me when I gave my HD flatscreen to a friend on a long-term loan (he'd been using it with his PS3 since about a month after I bought it and apparently took losing it pretty hard).

The LSIs I meet in the big world outside mostly fly under my radar. I think I worked for one a long time ago and loved it though.
    Dandelion Fluff Upon a Spoon

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I could date my dual. There is so much Fe I can deal with and then I want to punch them, honestly, or gtfo so I don't have to deal with them anymore.

I've had Fe-dom friends in the past (close ones), and I can only take them in small doses. She was very healthy, tho, so it was a nice relationship (my main experience).

I honestly for these reasons don't think that socionics works as a system. How can someone dictate what works for me personally in a relationship? When it comes to describing my traits in a sufficient way, that works. That's why MBTI to me is standard.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 03-23-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    I don't think I could date my dual. There is so much Fe I can deal with and then I want to punch them, honestly, or gtfo so I don't have to deal with them anymore.

I've had Fe-dom friends in the past (close ones), and I can only take them in small doses. She was very healthy, tho, so it was a nice relationship (my main experience).

I honestly for these reasons don't think that socionics works as a system. How can someone dictate what works for me personally in a relationship? When it comes to describing my traits in a sufficient way, that works. That's why MBTI to me is standard.
    So um, maybe you don't value Fe?

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jet city woman are you sure you're not ? You strike as much more likely that than what your profile has () the two look somewhat similar at a distance, but their intertype dynamics are extremely different.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    @jet city woman are you sure you're not ? You strike as much more likely that than what your profile has () the two look somewhat similar at a distance, but their intertype dynamics are extremely different.
    Lol, no. That's funny to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, no. That's funny to me.
    It's also a type I've kinds considered for you <3
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It's also a type I've kinds considered for you <3
    It may be my SO's influence more than it is the real me, that seems to come across in that fashion. I'm sincerely introverted irl, by any standard. Also I've considered that when ISTPs (in MBTI) become more comfortable, they become more like ESTPs, and that seems to be the case for me at times.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It may be my SO's influence more than it is the real me, that seems to come across in that fashion. I'm sincerely introverted irl, by any standard. Also I've considered that when ISTPs (in MBTI) become more comfortable, they become more like ESTPs, and that seems to be the case for me at times.
    I don't have an SO
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I don't have an SO
    I don't know whether to say "I'm sorry" or "great". lol..........

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know whether to say "I'm sorry" or "great". lol..........
    "Great"
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    It's good.

How many of you have at least one person in your life who is your dual?
    Kham, duals are us, they are our subconscious reality and hence they are us; their baggage isn't us us; I say their baggage wasn't acquired by innate traits, therefore, it would be nice if they shook it off and moved on, otherwise they're not going to find a dual.

I've had a dual since I was born. I love her; I'm very responsive to her as she is to me. Before I discovered Socionics, I only dated SLI, LSI and SLE, and lately an ESE man, because they were very quick in grabbing me off the market and since the types are full of loving, protective men, I didn't mind at all dating them, but I've felt unhappy not because some were not wonderful, but because the program function wasn't there; the ESE expected me to make decisions, which I could but he never cared much about appropriateness of behaviors, or watching the actions from a rationalized/Judging perspective. I've felt half complete and Socionics, for me, was just a way of describing what I felt that I could not describe. You'll often hear that from people who seek out advice, from duals, from people, that they want to be told what they are feeling but can not describe...these things that make up our subconscious wishes, intentions, and desires.
    -

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an esfp boss/friend, a few esfp clients, some loved male duals (long distance) I am attracted to (one I'm pursuing right now), and several female ESFp friends I adore. They are supportive and life-enriching, and they keep me from having a chance to get back to the depression which was my companion before they came in my life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast