Thread: IEEs and love - intellectuality in delta

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEEs and love - intellectuality in delta

I find it curious. Socionics theory says "true love" may only be possible between duals. Yet observing history, it's rare to see famous IEEs married/whatever to SLIs.

One thing I've noticed is that intellectual IEEs seem to get along better with SEIs than with SLIs. An example of this could be Thomas Huxley, who was married to a SEI. Even though semi-duality causes friction from time to time and certain level of discomfort (there is one famous quote about him cheating), there is no doubt he loved his wife very much. And his wife loved him even more.

I wonder if the intellectual stereotype doesn't fit the delta picture and IEEs are at risk of giving away a fake alpha image, which ultimately turns off the natural attraction between duals. I'm even more interested in your opinion that IEEs make excellent physicists, an area which doesn't seem to have anything to do with Fi. Could it be that deltas through the history have never developed their own way of intellectuality and instead adopt the ways of other quadras?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I find it curious. Socionics theory says "true love" may only be possible between duals. Yet observing history, it's rare to see famous IEEs married/whatever to SLIs.

One thing I've noticed is that intellectual IEEs seem to get along better with SEIs than with SLIs. An example of this could be Thomas Huxley, who was married to a SEI. Even though semi-duality causes friction from time to time and certain level of discomfort (there is one famous quote about him cheating), there is no doubt he loved his wife very much. And his wife loved him even more.

I wonder if the intellectual stereotype doesn't fit the delta picture and IEEs are at risk of giving away a fake alpha image, which ultimately turns off the natural attraction between duals. I'm even more interested in your opinion that IEEs make excellent physicists, an area which doesn't seem to have anything to do with Fi. Could it be that deltas through the history have never developed their own way of intellectuality and instead adopt the ways of other quadras?
    Whoa, that's a lot of stuff in one post. I think it is all very interesting. I have thought of something similar before which is that I wonder if people who are very interested in their careers will marry someone who is not their dual because they do not spend time interacting with people outside of their field of interest. Successful people maybe want to meet up with other very successful people within their worlds and maybe duals are not found in their specific field of interest or social circles.

I know of one female molecular biologist (IEE-Ne for sure) that used to sing in the studio I was in, and she married an SEI chemist (pretty sure SEI). I know she loved him and he loved her, but whenever we had recitals she would freak out and bring me aside to talk about this other guy that she had always liked (SLI I think). This guy would come to our recitals. Her husband was there too, but she would always get so nervous when this guy would come around. She didn't know why she liked him because she thought they had nothing in common and it didn't make sense to like him.

She had been so focused on her career (had PhD from a very good university by 25 yrs old) and finding a guy who fit with her life and career. But she always felt she liked this other guy. Must be some SLI scientist out there but maybe she hadn't come across one, and when the SEI came along it seemed close enough ????
    Last edited by Christy B; 04-27-2008 at 05:05 AM.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm even more interested in your opinion that IEEs make excellent physicists, an area which doesn't seem to have anything to do with Fi. Could it be that deltas through the history have never developed their own way of intellectuality and instead adopt the ways of other quadras?
    I think an IEE could make a great physicist, because if you effectively use Ne in physics you could come up with some great new ideas. It would seem like ENTP would be better at this, but if the IEE can make good use of their Ti by checking their Ne with all the information they have gathered, I don't see a problem with it. I mean, you could read up and study a lot of theories and store these in Ti as a system to check your Ne ideas against. If a person thinks that the work they are doing will benefit mankind and this drives them which Fi will do, they may have a lot of energy toward working hard at using Ti as a tool, if it seems useful.

Not sure if that makes sense.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Whoa, that's a lot of stuff in one post. I think it is all very interesting. I have thought of something similar before which is that I wonder if people who are very interested in their careers will marry someone who is not their dual because they do not spend time interacting with people outside of their field of interest. Successful people maybe want to meet up with other very successful people within their worlds and maybe duals are not found in their specific field of interest or social circles.

I know of one female molecular biologist (EII-Ne for sure) that used to sing in the studio I was in, and she married an SEI chemist (pretty sure SEI). I know she loved him and he loved her, but whenever we had recitals she would freak out and bring me aside to talk about this other guy that she had always liked (SLI I think). This guy would come to our recitals. Her husband was there too, but she would always get so nervous when this guy would come around. She didn't know why she liked him because she thought they had nothing in common and it didn't make sense to like him.

She had been so focused on her career (had PhD from a very good university by 25 yrs old) and finding a guy who fit with her life and career. But she always felt she liked this other guy. Must be some SLI scientist out there but maybe she hadn't come across one, and when the SEI came along it seemed close enough ????
    Do you mean IEE-Ne and EII-Ne..? Honestly, I think that what you say makes sense... For example, I'm in grad school for the humanities, and I don't believe I've had an SLI-Te in my courses, literally, since undergrad--the scarcity around here makes it pretty damn hard to date em..! There are a lot of ISFps, so I'm not complaining too hard But it'd be really nice to meet a dual that's half-way into the stuff I'm into.

Another thing that I'm sure someone here will debunk, but I secretly suspect, is that there are more SLI men than SLI women, and more IEE women than IEE men... Not so secret anymore, I guess, heh. Maybe it's just where I've been hanging out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Do you mean IEE-Ne and EII-Ne..? Honestly, I think that what you say makes sense... For example, I'm in grad school for the humanities, and I don't believe I've had an SLI-Te in my courses, literally, since undergrad--the scarcity around here makes it pretty damn hard to date em..! There are a lot of ISFps, so I'm not complaining too hard But it'd be really nice to meet a dual that's half-way into the stuff I'm into.

Another thing that I'm sure someone here will debunk, but I secretly suspect, is that there are more SLI men than SLI women, and more IEE women than IEE men... Not so secret anymore, I guess, heh. Maybe it's just where I've been hanging out.
    Oh yeah!!!! hahah sorry. I always write EII because I am one, and like to talk about myself : ) j/k

I think I will fix it now. . .
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If IEE's don't want their duals I'll take them. SEIs tend to annoy me anyway.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dated SLI-Te for a few yrs who I met in philosophy class (undergrad). He was a philosophy major, and I thought he was so cool because he was so totally delta, and Te, and I (*thought*) intellectual. Really he just always wanted to be a race car driver! If it had been his choice he would never had gone to university, he would have just went to racing school, but his parents were academics and made him go. He really resents this. Besides him I have NEVER come across another SLI-Te in a humanities or social science course.

I wouldn't expect to see one in grad school, although I have come across one SLI-Si female who is very interested in cultural anthropolgy. (Side note: I like girl SLI-Si, they are cool)
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    If IEE's don't want their duals I'll take them. SEIs tend to annoy me anyway.
    ^ ENFp flower terrorist.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have met more SLI-Te males, and only met SLI-SI females. I wondr if there is a connection?

Have met more SLI men and more IEE females in general it is true, but actually I think that a few of the guys who I origionally thought were ILEs are actually IIEs and that just growing up a guy makes them supress expressions of F (even FI).
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's crap about true love only being between duals. Utter complete CRAP!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    Not as much as ILEs annoy me.

but I love you guys!
    I keep losing my duals/partial duals all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but I love you guys!
    I keep losing my duals/partial duals all the time.
    i was joking.

for you: <2

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was joking.

for you: <2
    awww
    <2

And true love can only be achieved through duals?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww
    <2

And true love can only be achieved through duals?
    hahaha

this: <2 just makes sense in so many ways now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know mikemex, but if ISFp's are taking our ENFps, then I'm gonna snatch their ENTps. Serves em right.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I don't know mikemex, but if ISFp's are taking our ENFps, then I'm gonna snatch their ENTps. Serves em right.
    You can't stand ENTps longer than 40 minutes, the relationship would never work.

You'll be all allooooonnnnnneeeeee.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if I start snagging ILIs? Then what happens?

Hmmmmmm.

I'll trade you an ILI for an ILE. How about that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't stand ENTps longer than 40 minutes, the relationship would never work.

You'll be all allooooonnnnnneeeeee.......
    What if I start snagging ILIs? Then what happens?

Hmmmmmm.

I'll trade you an ILI for an ILE. How about that?
    ....Does anyone want a male ISTp-Si?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agh so confused.

ok let's just throw them all in a room and the first one to call dibs gets them ok?

*quickly shoves them all in a room*

Ok ready? Hurry LV call dibbs on that cute IEE!! QUICK!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs.
    But only if you tell them what you're thinking, play their games, buy them shit, tell them how wonderful they are, and never make any female friends. Ever. Again. Forever.

And sure.. I'll take you if you promise to behave.
    You really are an ass sometimes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agh so confused.

ok let's just throw them all in a room and the first one to call dibs gets them ok?

*quickly shoves them all in a room*

Ok ready? Hurry LV call dibbs on that cute IEE!! QUICK!
    Heh, maybe I'll hit everyone else on the head with a club.

ESEs.
    But only if you tell them what you're thinking, play their games, buy them shit, tell them how wonderful they are, and never make any female friends. Ever. Again. Forever.
    Ugh, it's giving me a headache just thinking about it. Sounds like hell.

And sure.. I'll take you if you promise to behave.
    You really are an ass sometimes.
    You expect me to behave? You got a lot to learn.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You expect me to behave? You got a lot to learn.

You're not as tough as you think you are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=anamericancer;348795]ESEs.

[QUOTE]

oh man. you are so right.

shhhh my sister will hear us and get pissed. I love her, but she is totally ESE girl.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Creepy-Cyclops

I think it's interesting to consider that if we can type inanimate objects (as suggested by Ashura and some other fabled individuals), then maybe I can find duality with my pencil case, or something.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think it's interesting to consider that if we can type inanimate objects (as suggested by Ashura and some other fabled individuals), then maybe I can find duality with my pencil case, or something.
    um.... you know.....
    I'm always here...... if things don't work out with your pencil case.

Creepy-Cyclops

um.... you know.....
    I'm always here...... if things don't work out with your pencil case.
    I think i might have to, as it appears both myself and the pencil case think we should be supplying the lead.

I'm still going to see how things go all the same, because i'm not that desperate yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm. I never heard that before (inanimate object socionics typing). You think IEE would be a pencil case?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i might have to, as it appears both myself and the pencil case think we should be supplying the lead.

I'm still going to see how things go all the same, because i'm not that desperate yet.

supplying the lead

you are funny
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee, thanks a lot.
    I didn't realize I was only for desperate guys..

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    hmmm. I never heard that before (inanimate object socionics typing). You think IEE would be a pencil case?
    Our very own forum-bot Machintruc, is our forum expert on typing inanimate objects. If a pencil case was IEE, what sub type would you go for? I'm guessing not Ne.
    Gee, thanks a lot.
    I didn't realize I was only for desperate guys..
    it's ok dear you can always get the other ones drunk

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's ok dear you can always get the other ones drunk

Now I see why your duals don't want you.

Creepy-Cyclops

Now I see why your duals don't want you.
    That's a good point actually.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an interesting thought. I know a few IEEs that give off Alpha vibes. But then, IEEs are about adapting to their environments/ the people around them aren't they?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    That's an interesting thought. I know a few IEEs that give off Alpha vibes. But then, IEEs are about adapting to their environments/ the people around them aren't they?
    In the past, when I've been in relationships with SLIs, I've been the one to adapt... In relationships with SEIs, it's the other way. (It's not like I've dated a critical mass of either of these types, so this little observation could be a load of crap.)

Cyclops, you've got me thinkin that maybe I should buy a pencil case...

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclops, you've got me thinkin that maybe I should buy a pencil case...
    Pencil cases are better than SLI's??
    Damn. No one wants an SLI.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fucking pencil cases.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp