Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an alpha quadra member, but I'll reply

I'm motivated by doing things I like. In life I've tried many activities, found the things I liked the most, and tried to center my life around them so that the things "I don't like" are only a few. For the things I don't like...waking up early works, or doing them while you're happy and exalted for something else that has happened.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I missed school today because I accidently slept in. And I'm not really motivated to go there now.
    it's a stressful environment and I'm not really into it.

Oh yeah and my mom just lectured me about how I am going nowhere in life because I keep missing school. This is not a good day.

How would you find the motivation to get one's ass to school on time?
    If your like me you'll pull it out the bag at the last minute.

Then there's always the late shift at mcdonalds. That way you get your long lie.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    I'm planning on starting over and getting all my shit together next year.
    It's too late now. But yeah, I'll be okay.
    Yeah. I keep saying this, then I just put my feet up and keep leaving stuff to the last minute..but so what it usually gets done, and I think it's pretty cool (although admittedly disorganised!) in my eyes. So I say..who cares..enjoy your day off!
    And what about mcdonald's? I don't get it.
    Was just trying to think of a job where there wasn't an early start, so more time in bed to sleep in the morning..but now i've thought about it, that's no good either, cause it's cool having my evenings free *and* long lie-in's!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A cup full of whiskey, and a gut full of rage.
    lol! nice.

I wish I knew what motivates me... Fun. Fun will motivate me quite well. But most things aren't fun.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    But most things aren't fun.
    But that's not true. Most things can be made fun, if approached from the right direction, with the right state of mind.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But that's not true. Most things can be made fun, if approached from the right direction, with the right state of mind.
    true dat.

I never had a problem with school... I always figured it was just a way to get farther down the road in life... the longer you stay in... the longer that road may eventually be... Myself, I went the 2 year tech school route and my off ramp to the career superhighway started early @ 20 yrs old... I know now that unless I continue my education at some point... I'll be making around the same amount of money the rest of my life, at this point I'm really ok with that cuz I feel like life is "good" as far as monetary gain goes. So I've yet to motivate myself to get back to school, even if it's paid for by the company I'm with now.

I actually like my job, and it's not what I consider "fun" as far as going to an amusement park, hanging out with buddies, or playing pool in a pub... but I find it "fun" to be accomplishing something every day I'm there. You just have to have the right expectations of something and not think better or worse of it when it comes to doing stuff. If every day you go to work hating it, figure out why that is and deal with that... If you hate school, figure out why that is... If you hate the people you're around all day... etc...
    90% of the time, people won't realize that it's pretty much their own fault if they're not motivated but they'll find a way to blame the rest of the world for it. Once you get past that... life's pretty easy as far as getting shit done and making it what you want.
    ...by the letter M.