Thread: Improving Weak Functions

Creepy-

Default Improving Weak Functions

Last edited by female; 12-24-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myers-Briggs (MBTI) and Kiersey are both rather different conceptually from Socionics. Your type may actually be different in Socionics and in MBTI or Kiersey.

In Socionics, if you were ENFj/EIE, your PoLR (suggestive function - a vulnerable area) would be Si (introverted sensing) and your mobilizing function (hidden agenda) would be Se (extraverted sensing). Your suggestive function (dual-seeking) would be Ti (introverted logic) and your role function would be Te (extraverted logic). Theoretically, we can't actually "build" a function, but we can become better at dealing with our attitudes towards the data they process.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually a really frightening commentary on our debased culture of conspicuous consumption. The hamster represents the debauched aspect of us all.

That or it's just a hamster trying to hoard a carrot. Whichever you like.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baby you never cease to amaze me.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I have tested as an ENFJ since my first test when I was 18 years old. Recently I took the test in Keirsey's book and found my results very one-sided, particularly on the N, F, and J functions.

My question is this: How have those of you who have noticed a similar skewing of your strengths built your weaker ones up? I realize I will probably always be ENFJ and I'm happy with that; I'm just interested in strengthening my weak areas so they won't be hindrances in dealing with future people and situations. Any advice?

Tips for building Sensing?
    Tips for building Thinking?
    Tips for building Perceiving?

Thanks in advance!!

(ps. How very ENFJ is this post? lol)
    • Don't put too much effort into your weaknesses, you'll get more effect by building your strengths.
    • There's no point to building Perceiving to my knowledge, it's an attitude not an ability.
    • If you get into trouble, ask a policeman. Er... policemen tend to be ISTj, which complements ENFj very well;
    • Memorize stuff () and play sports (). Eat right and always try to make your clothes match ().

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't MBTT. Start from scratch, songofsappho. You could be an SLI or an ILE or an ESI. What functions do you believe you are good at?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MBTI can do rather badly on E/I and J/P, but it seems to do OK with finding the correct club. And if he is in the NF club at all, his weaknesses are , , and . The greatest risk, I suppose, is that he might be an INFj (which doesn't get along with ISTj so well).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People with very clear self-image get most one-sided test results. ENFjs are known for paying a lot of attention to their self-image. I only get confusing test results because I'm one person but I seem like another person and I know it very clearly.

my point being - if you're ENFj, then you test as very clearly N, F and J if you think that's the person you are. Probably you're better at your weak functions than you know. I think you should forget about the weak functions. Don't try to patch up weaknesses when you could spend that time magnifying your strengths. Find out more about (extroverted ethics) and (introverted intuition). J part in socionics isn't a function. J is just a side-effect from having as your first function.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/