Thread: A good Se vs Si valuing example

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A good Se vs. Si valuing example

So the other day I couldn't get my printer to work and i was getting frustrated, yelling at it, punching it and it still wouldn't print what i wanted it to print. i asked my IEE roommate for help and she was like well give it a second it probably needs to rest. so we shut it off, turned it back on and it still didn't print. after its "resting period" i then punched it again and it began to print.

i guess it just goes to show that everyone needs a little but some gets shit going haha.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait... I get the Se part , but the Si part? Is it the being patient with it? Or the sense that it "needs to rest"??? (a sense that it's "tired") And then the personification of inanimate objects (or of animate non-living objects) is sometimes associated with Fe. For instance, I sense that my computer is rather content right now. It's running well, and seems to be generally "pleased." Lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i can see that being related to . it's not so much dealing with the printer itself as it is dealing with our perceptions of the object. my IEE roommate showed in giving it a rest.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    haha i can see that being related to . it's not so much dealing with the printer itself as it is dealing with our perceptions of the object. my IEE roommate showed in giving it a rest.
    Ah... like "taking care of" the printer.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His Si gave him an instinct as to where to hit the printer, and with what force. Just a vague intuition though, nothing more.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe. My ISFp friend's pc wouldn't fire up at the lan we had the other day. He said its ok just let it be give it 20 mins or so. We turned it on and it still didn't work. He was like lets wait another 30 mins, im like no dude. Its hosed lol. Think the motherboard was screwed.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-bg

computers have feelings too

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Hehe. My ISFp friend's pc wouldn't fire up at the lan we had the other day. He said its ok just let it be give it 20 mins or so. We turned it on and it still didn't work. He was like wait another 30 mins, im like no dude lol. Think the motherboard was screwed.
    It's weird coz when I can't get an appliance to work I seem to think I know how to 'handle' it properly. It's a mixture of patience with problem solving to rectify any physical issues, which 9 times out of 10 seems to work

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    So the other day I couldn't get my printer to work and i was getting frustrated, yelling at it, punching it and it still wouldn't print what i wanted it to print. i asked my IEE roommate for help and she was like well give it a second it probably needs to rest. so we shut it off, turned it back on and it still didn't print. after its "resting period" i then punched it again and it began to print.

i guess it just goes to show that everyone needs a little but some gets shit going haha.
    lmao

Maybe it's more like... Ti PoLR's on parade?

(kidding, but seriously... this is like a SNL version of Se vs. Si... or something like that... not "true" Se or Si )
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    lmao

(kidding, but seriously... this is like a SNL version of Se vs. Si... or something like that... not "true" Se or Si )
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats great
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were me and I cannot see any apparent cause, I would end up yelling at the stupid thing; but my ENFp roommate would look at it first, and then he would recommend giving it a rest for about five or so minutes.

Good observation
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obviously impossible that I do not figure out how something works. I would search the net for an answer and then fix the problem.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it isn't solved after like 10 minutes, I just hook up my other printer and tell myself I'll fix it later. Then a month or so goes by before I actually get around to fixing it.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    heheheh
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well of course I would also look at it and do some trouble shooting, during my rant that is. I could also quietly work on it also, as well as tuning it off and then turning it back on again. I am not that dumb
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Hitting things always works, you just need to find the right angle
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Hitting things always works, you just need to find the right angle
    i bet this guy could teach us a thing or too

ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Family Guy also showed why that doesn't work: you break the glass when you hit the jukebox and cut open your hand.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box