Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An INFj's opinion about ESTjs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Can suck a dick….

Idiotic. Alcoholic. Egotistic. Chauvinistic.

With all the foresight of a lobotomized cycloptic ogre, and a sense of propriety that includes slugging back can after can of Budweiser beer and groping toward the closest female form.

LSE: You can suck a fat dick and swallow.
    The kitty knows how you feel.

"Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    The kitty knows how you feel.

Lol.. That cat has more money next to that cup than I have in my bank account right now!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can suck a dick….

With all the foresight of a lobotomized cycloptic ogre, and a sense of propriety that includes slugging back can after can of Budweiser beer and groping toward the closest female form.

Hmm. Well now that you understand this about him, you can stay away from such - that's your job now. My condolences.

I'll see what I can do about the lack of men suitable for decent relationships... it will take a long time, but there are some candidates.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can suck a dick….

Christy, I have always wonder about this too. My INFj friend really really hate MOST ESTj she encounters.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Wierd. Every LSE I've met was really proper and an energetic workaholic type. Two Si-cre. one of which was definitely LSE were joint-valedictorians at my high school graduation.
    Ni polr, depending on how they grew up and what they saw in life, they can be the wonderful guardian(LSE) or Caretaker(ESE) or far worse, if they saw unjust things as being part of their tradition, they will likely to think its fine becuase everyone is like that.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Ni polr, depending on how they grew up and what they saw in life, they can be the wonderful guardian(LSE) or Caretaker(ESE) or far worse, if they saw unjust things as being part of their tradition, they will likely to think its fine becuase everyone is like that.
    How is that relate to Ni?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrith View Post
    How is that relate to Ni?

Changing your inner view, then translating it to the outter world is NI. At least that type of change is associate to NI, of course NE has their own way of change too. here:

read the LSE's NI function

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSE

and this for ESE, I know this is meyer brigg's page but I think it fits acurately

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html

"The ESFJ's value system is defined externally. They usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be, and are not shy about expressing these opinions. However, they weigh their values and morals against the world around them, rather than against an internal value system. They may have a strong moral code, but it is defined by the community that they live in, rather than by any strongly felt internal values.

ESFJs who have had the benefit of being raised and surrounded by a strong value system that is ethical and centered around genuine goodness will most likely be the kindest, most generous souls who will gladly give you the shirt off of their back without a second thought. For these individuals, the selfless quality of their personality type is genuine and pure. ESFJs who have not had the advantage of developing their own values by weighing them against a good external value system may develop very questionable values. In such cases, the ESFJ most often genuinely believes in the integrity of their skewed value system. They have no internal understanding of values to set them straight. In weighing their values against our society, they find plenty of support for whatever moral transgression they wish to justify. This type of ESFJ is a dangerous person indeed. Extraverted Feeling drives them to control and manipulate, and their lack of Intuition prevents them from seeing the big picture. They're usually quite popular and good with people, and good at manipulating them. Unlike their ENFJ cousin, they don't have Intuition to help them understand the real consequences of their actions. They are driven to manipulate other to achieve their own ends, yet they believe that they are following a solid moral code of conduct."

1)

2)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's actually not far from the truth.
    Particularly in terms of morality and how to treat other people. (for me)
    It's something I can attest to personally.

Ni polr people need other people to introduce new ideas to them. We can extrapolate things going down the line, master something.... but there has to be someone to introduce new ways of considering things or new avenues for mastery.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wierd. Every LSE I've met was really proper and an energetic workaholic type. Two Si-cre. one of which was definitely LSE were joint-valedictorians at my high school graduation.
    I know a couple of really great LSEs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I know a couple of really great LSEs.
    ...and they are fictional characters
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    ...and they are fictional characters
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESFjs just need to look internally a bit better, my INTj dad helps my ESFj mom with this though by just kinda directly telling her if she broke somebody else's subjective moral codes via her actions, not guilt-tripping them by talking in over generalities like I might. They are very sensitive to the connection of ideas, so much so that they can easily be misled by fuzzy ideals.

Ni egos like myself, understand ideals so well, both bad and good ideals, and we know how to connect them with actual reality. there ni just can't be malleable, so it's like- they have a very rough, cartoony approach. They are well aware of this weakness, but any time they correct it- they just end up missing the mark.

I know it's corny, but they basically seem like 'human doings' not 'human beings.' Not that my dreamy, 'somewhere else' blah is socially acceptable either, but...

IEIs were probably the first people to challenge faulty Christian ideals, whereas ESEs were the first to be manipulated by them. In fact, an evil IEI priest that just wants money tends to plant their infected brains into hapless ESEs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck you LSE!!!!
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL... Christy... they're just pretty-boy douch bags who go for easy fucks and drink too much You need someone smarter.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    LOL... Christy... they're just pretty-boy douch bags who go for easy fucks and drink too much You need someone smarter.
    Maybe she likes to be taken advantage of.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christy, I have always wonder about this too. My INFj friend really really hate MOST ESTj she encounters.
    That doesn't make sense. Maybe you should reconsider their types.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If most ESTjs she encounters are terrible people, then could make sense.
    Seeing a crappy version of your dual isn't supposed to be appealing; it can be very disappointing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    But I don't know any not pretty-boy douche-bag LSEs that are smart.... they like don't really exist or something

I'm doomed....
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I don't know any not pretty-boy douche-bag LSEs that are smart.... they like don't really exist or something

I'm doomed....
    Sux to be you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Sux to be you.
    Naw.. I'm OK... just being a whiny bitch cause I got my <3 broken .... lol
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sucks. The couple LSEs I've met have been great people.
    IEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are good LSEs out there. somewhere.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which reminds me - this 'somewhere' you were at, Christy, wasn't a frat party, was it?
    IEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    there are good LSEs out there. somewhere.
    UDP?

1)

2)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP?
    LOL! I had the same thought!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doomed....
    That sucks But don't give up! being a bastard isn't type related -- there are some great LSEs out there...somewhere...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends a great LSE. Laid back, good sense of humour, confident, incredible memory and quick mind, doctor, not chauvinistic, itiotic or alcoholic at all. Is perhaps a little egotistical though

I actually have been wondering lately if im partly responsible for him turning out so awesome. Ever since hes been 5 years old hes had an Enfp as his friend to be nice to him and feed him . Of course the fact that he has been with his dual for such a long time might also have played a huge part too. I have my part to play in him meeting her aswell. Of course some of my good qualities probablly come from him too
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    My friends a great LSE. Laid back, good sense of humour, confident, incredible memory and quick mind, doctor, not chauvinistic, itiotic or alcoholic at all. Is perhaps a little egotistical though

I actually have been wondering lately if im partly responsible for him turning out so awesome. Ever since hes been 5 years old hes had an Enfp as his friend to be nice to him and feed him . Of course the fact that he has been with his dual for such a long time might also have played a huge part too. I have my part to play in him meeting her aswell. Of course some of my good qualities probablly come from him too
    Hmm, good point. LSE's probably will always be a little egotistical.

And having someone to feed you Ne is very, very important. Much of my actual development has come to running into people with that, or at least with other ideas.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post

This is interesting - you most likely did have a significant positive impact. Do you feel like he had an influence on you as well w his TeSi?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    This is interesting - you most likely did have a significant positive impact. Do you feel like he had an influence on you as well w his TeSi?
    Functionally wise im not sure if he has helped me develop my Te or Si to any extent. He has always accepted and liked me for who i am though, which i think its a very powerful thing. He may have encouraged me to work on my and which is good .

Ive noticed he seems to seek his own Ne via the internet himself. Hes a member of that stumbleupon website and is constantly finding interesting things. One thing i have noticed from ALL Ne types, is they are constantly searching for interesting things, and the internet is an excellent place to do it. The other day when i was drunk he said "have you seen the clip with the throwing of the balls?" and i said "yes i have". He glared at me and said "explain the premise of it to me" and i said "i cant really remember at the moment" (ive probablly seen 5 or 6 clips of something similar). He didn't seem too happy about this so he started telling the story and mid way through i said "this is the one where the monkey walks through and no one notices isn't it?". It kind of ruined his story lol but he deserved it for not believing me

Actually when i think about it, perhaps he was just always a high quality person even at age 5 because ive been friends with an ISTp since then and he hasn't turned out too flash at all. At the age of 5 he had problems, and he has them now
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj is a fantasy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread bothers me. When someone basically bitches about my actions I wonder why I should take any notice at all. The only way I'd support a dual like that is by tolerating the verbal abuse, ignoring the person and continuing doing whatever I felt like doing. In comparison, when someone either earnestly enjoys whatever I'm doing or suggests another way of going about their business, I feel like trying to make myself a better person and helping my dual feel happier. On this forum I see this quality in Minde and to a lesser extent in Sereno and Linalee. If I had to tolerate the kind of thing that goes on in this thread, I'd probably opt for taking a drink and watching porn with earphones too. I think you're partially responsible for the fact that your idea of your duals remains a fantasy.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wierd. Every LSE I've met was really proper and an energetic workaholic type.
    Same here.

EDIT: There was this one ESTj who, objectively speaking, wasn't really proper. But, and this is very characteristic of ESTjs, he thought he is being proper and stuff.

When you think you're proper being selfrighteous is natural thing to be. Also characteristic of ESTjs. IMO.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-12-2010 at 01:21 AM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Hmm, good point. LSE's probably will always be a little egotistical.

And having someone to feed you Ne is very, very important. Much of my actual development has come to running into people with that, or at least with other ideas.
    Why so how so?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For one thing, consider how their duals are more "self sacrificing". LSE definitely balances that out in terms of the duality, so they are going to be more "self centered", at least in terms of beneficial things. I doubt LSEs are prone to spending time on things they don't think are useful or beneficial to them. Not the EIIs are, but, in the realm of interpersonal relations, the EII is better at paying sincere attention to people.

This doesn't mean all LSE's are going to be "conceited assholes", no. And they can be magnanimous towards people they care about, too. But, say, compare an LSE to an SEI, whom the LSE supervises. The LSE will seem more self centered. LSE's will be concerned with ensuring their well being, and that they are doing what they want to do.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The care-taking activity that ESTjs are famous for, is a physical form of care-taking. This should not be thought to be synonymous with actual caring. It's a form of parading oneself, showing one's ability to handle things, get things done. It's also a form of practice. ESTjs like to take on challenges, decrease their personal limitations. Within the delta-rational duality the warmth comes from Fi. We don't have it. We need it.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone can be good and kind and care about others. That is dependent on character, imo, not personality/socionics type.

I am sorry for your disappointments, Christy.

EDIT: I just realized that contextually it could appear I'm round-aboutly slighting Smilingeyes' (and perhaps even UDP's) character. That wasn't my intention.
    Last edited by Minde; 01-08-2009 at 01:35 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    For one thing, consider how their duals are more "self sacrificing". LSE definitely balances that out in terms of the duality, so they are going to be more "self centered", at least in terms of beneficial things. I doubt LSEs are prone to spending time on things they don't think are useful or beneficial to them. Not the EIIs are, but, in the realm of interpersonal relations, the EII is better at paying sincere attention to people.

This doesn't mean all LSE's are going to be "conceited assholes", no. And they can be magnanimous towards people they care about, too. But, say, compare an LSE to an SEI, whom the LSE supervises. The LSE will seem more self centered. LSE's will be concerned with ensuring their well being, and that they are doing what they want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    The care-taking activity that ESTjs are famous for, is a physical form of care-taking. This should not be thought to be synonymous with actual caring. It's a form of parading oneself, showing one's ability to handle things, get things done. It's also a form of practice. ESTjs like to take on challenges, decrease their personal limitations. Within the delta-rational duality the warmth comes from Fi. We don't have it. We need it.
    Maybe I'd have to experience this irl to really judge, but it makes me doubt that the two people I've thought could be ESTj's are ESTj's, and tbh the way it's been put sounds pretty cold and offputting to me.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    This has definitely been what I've observed with the two LSE/EII couples I know.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Anyone can be good and kind and care about others. That is dependent on character, imo, not personality/socionics type.

I am sorry for your disappointments, Christy.

EDIT: I just realized that contextually it could appear I'm round-aboutly slighting Smilingeyes' (and perhaps even UDP's) character. That wasn't my intention.
    It's quite ok. That is an area on which I gladly take your criticism. Anyway, you're also correct in what you say about everyone caring. I was just trying to make a point that though socionics says ESTj are caretakers, that quality itself doesn't in any way refer to caring about others, but to physically taking care of others, which is quite a different thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast