TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "I've always been 30"

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k²ß/7+φ(♣π/2)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that's pretty old
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Cyclops

30 is just a number. Literally
    Like 28 or 22 or e=mcc (letters but numbers mm..think I'm on it!)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Split. I've always been commended for my responsibility and self-direction. But I can very much act like a kid. I like to run and play and try silly things, and climb trees, and hide and jump on my trampoline and so on. So. . . a responsible, prepared, on-time little kid, which is exactly what I was as a kid too. I had a fear of being late or unprepared, and took every responsibility seriously, but I loved to run and jump and play and the normal kid kinds of things too.
    yeah, i think i relate to this. i want to be an adult, think i am an adult, legally & somewhat mentally, but i don't want to be /too/ adult, either. i'm not entirely sure i'm even capable of it.

as for what numerical age i've "always been," not sure. my ESTj brother has always seemed /very/ adult to me, in the sense of being responsible like you've mentioned. but he was also rather anti-anyone-acting-like-a-child, too. i think being "too old" mentally is just as bad as being "too young." neither seem really like something i'd strive for.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but 40 is the new 30.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to 30 to 50. To me it's always sounded like the best decades of one's life.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'm looking forward to 30 to 50. To me it's always sounded like the best decades of one's life.
    the mid life re-evaluation or crisis is a bitch. once you get through it though it's probably the best time career wise and relationship wise.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why start these threads? What relevance do they have to standard and classical socionics personality typing styles? Stick them in Anything Goes if you must create them, but my advice is to scrap them completely. They're utterly pointless.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously Joy always looks forward to her next stage in life hoping her completely messed up life will get better and her dream of being a multistage succeful woman will be magically accomplished. Lol.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Why start these threads? What relevance do they have to standard and classical socionics personality typing styles? Stick them in Anything Goes if you must create them, but my advice is to scrap them completely. They're utterly pointless.
    The idea was that it could be quadra related.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Obviously Joy always looks forward to her next stage in life hoping her completely messed up life will get better and her dream of being a multistage succeful woman will be magically accomplished. Lol.
    I've always thought 30 to 50 would be the best time in my life. It's got nothing to do with successful or not successful. And I already consider myself successful.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought 30 to 50 would be the best time in my life. It's got nothing to do with successful or not successful. And I already consider myself successful.
    I highly doubt it.

Although, I've just had a thought that's come to me. Notice how the quadras seem almost based on one's age?

Alpha: we're young! We enjoy life! We don't want conflict!
    Beta: we're getting older! Life's been tough! Grrr I'll fucking kick your head in and take over the world!
    Gamma: I am world-weary, and I understand that force is good, but only when used strategically.
    Delta: I am ancient. I understand the complexities of life. Everyone relax and just become passive.

Creepy-Cyclops

What I can't be today, I can be tomorrow.

So goes the lyric from a Paul Weller song.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt it.
    Doubt what?

Although, I've just had a thought that's come to me. Notice how the quadras seem almost based on one's age?

Beta: we're getting older! Life's been tough! Grrr I'll fucking kick your head in and take over the world!
    Gamma: I am world-weary, and I understand that force is good, but only when used strategically.
    Delta: I am ancient. I understand the complexities of life. Everyone relax and just become passive.
    Nah, it's more like the age one acts is based on their quadra. And (of course) that's not how I see Gamma at all.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not and could never be ancient. Even when I'm in my 90s, I'll still act young. I forget how old I am sometimes. I'll have to put down my age and I'll immediately want to write "22" or something. And then I remember. Oh yeah, it isn't 1991.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

Just thought I'd point this out:

We have:
    And then we have:

And even more amusing to me again:
    Nah, it's more like the age one acts is based on their quadra And (of course) that's not how I see Gamma at all.
    Oh..Nor is out how I see delta

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If everyone was passive, who would we laugh at?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I am not and could never be ancient. Even when I'm in my 90s, I'll still act young. I forget how old I am sometimes. I'll have to put down my age and I'll immediately want to write "22" or something. And then I remember. Oh yeah, it isn't 1991.
    lol. yeah for sure. how the hell can somebody with Ne in their ego block be "ancient"?

ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering about how (or rather, how much) being infantile would affect this.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt it.

Ahah. I'd totally be alpha by this token.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really not as static as that. There are many aspects in which we have different levels of maturity of course and looking at only one of them as the whole or even calculating an average is pretty useless. It's also dependant on other internal as well as external factors such as experience, relationships, health, work, etc. Overall it's very intuitive as a concept and it surely can't be generalized to the point of putting an approximation of an age on it. It's not as if each age was directly proportionnal to an average level of maturity. If it was, the only age one would have always been would be his own age at the moment of answering the question. As for the possibility of discussing it, it's certainly there but it's better to leave your numbers, compass and calculator at home and talk about specific behaviors, worldviews or attitudes that are better thought out than others given a situation and one's individual needs, considering bigger picture implications of course. What good could such an oversimplification bring to socionics and more importantly to someone as an individual? Maybe to some it would give a sense of security or some quick self-confidence fix but would it really be worth it?

To conclude, i think it's great that we can have intuitions like that, for example that somehow sometimes we feel that maturity levels don't match between people, because it enables us to deepen our experience as spiritual and social beings, given that we provide enough time and effort to really dig inside ourselves and not build some form of eugenics-like system or simply categorizations that are too harsh. As mandatory as they are, categorizations can be pretty useless if they are misused.