Thread: what is this?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what is this?

i've noticed that i bitch about a work a good deal, like how my job is so boring. i sort of dislike working tons and tons. as in, when i finish work i don't want to do a whole lot more. i'll bitch if i get overloaded with work. i don't like to overload myself or bite off more than i can chew really.

however, if i don't have enough to do, i'll pretty much sink into a really bad depression/slump. just going out and doing things with friends doesn't help a lot, would generally make me feel lazier. i try to avoid this, obviously. like i could reasonably see myself working forever and never really retiring if only to keep myself from going absolutely insane.

i mean, my first instinct is to think this is some Te or maybe Si related thing, but i have no clue.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-valuing (like "getting things done") but also dislike for feeling like you're doing boring, repetitive stuff.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Se-valuing (like "getting things done") but also dislike for feeling like you're doing boring, repetitive stuff.
    yes; precisely.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really have a problem with boring, repetitive stuff. as in, i can force myself to do it. you would realize this if you had my job for a day.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i don't really have a problem with boring, repetitive stuff. as in, i can force myself to do it. you would realize this if you had my job for a day.
    I don't have any problem with it either, but I still bitch and complain about it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so would you say suppressed Se or just valued Se?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think anyone who's under stimulated would feel that way?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I would think anyone who's under stimulated would feel that way?
    yeah, but i think (or well, i KNOW) that it has an extremely negative effect on me. like during periods of time when i COULDN'T work, i would nearly go stir crazy. some people really love this.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so would you say suppressed Se or just valued Se?
    Valued. If it was suppressed you'd probably feel like that all the time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valued. If it was suppressed you'd probably feel like that all the time.
    i mean as in suppressed by something in the environment, not Se-ignoring. suppressed as in being out of control of however i get this Se i value (whether it's something i have or something i seek in others.)
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean as in suppressed by something in the environment, not Se-ignoring. suppressed as in being out of control of however i get this Se i value (whether it's something i have or something i seek in others.)
    That's what I meant. I think if you valued the Se, but it was actively suppressed by your environment, you would feel anxious more often than just when you are overloaded with tedious work.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I meant. I think if you valued the Se, but it was actively suppressed by your environment, you would feel anxious more often than just when you are overloaded with tedious work.
    i don't feel anxious when i'm overloaded with tedious work. more like whiny. but i'd still i'd do it and be done with it. i just try to avoid overloading myself period, and don't generally have a problem with this. what i do have a problem with -- and when i do feel bad/anxious -- is not enough activity in general, or things to occupy myself with. things that need to be done?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't feel anxious when i'm overloaded with tedious work. more like whiny. i'd do it and be done with it. i just try to avoid overloading myself period, and don't generally have a problem with this. what i do have a problem with -- and when i do feel bad/anxious -- is not enough activity in general, or things to occupy myself with. things that need to be done?
    Well, if casual fraternization isn't something you find fulfilling when you feel this way, then I'd say that yeah, you're longing for some kind of productive activity to keep you feeling like you're "moving forward" in some way.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually think this is consistent with ISTp. I work with one who gets stir crazy a lot. She avoids overloading herself and has a serious work drive, but almost falls asleep while working sometimes. She is also paranoid about moving forward with work, but i think this might not be type related. More like quarter life crisis She would definitely be more entertained with some activity or novelty in the work, often takes walking breaks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you relate to this behavior, niffweed?

i mean, the fraternization with buddies isn't something i'm knocking. god knows i'm happy when anyone wants to go anywhere or do anything with me.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i actually think this is consistent with ISTp. I work with one who gets stir crazy a lot. She avoids overloading herself and has a serious work drive, but almost falls asleep while working sometimes. She is also paranoid about moving forward with work, but i think this might not be type related. More like quarter life crisis She would definitely be more entertained with some activity or novelty in the work, often takes walking breaks.
    I seem to get bored with doing the same thing over and over and like to take breaks at work. My work pattern can be viewed as more sporadic than uniform which has at times caused consternation with some bosses I have had. However what I produce in terms of volume and results is highly effective (and usually better than most) It's like I know exactly the amount of work that's required to be good at what I'm doing. To do anymore would seem like a wasted effort and counter productive. Eventually these bosses cool of .. If they are the sort of ones that are interested in results and we're all happy.. rather than the ones who seem to try interfering with who I am as a person-I can't abide that .

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how this has anything to do with valuing Se. If anything, Se ego types seem to enjoy doing tedious and detail-oriented work and giving it to other people.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Se ego types seem to enjoy doing tedious and detail-oriented work and giving it to other people.
    +1

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you don't mind I divert the topic a little......

What I don't like about working is that everything comes to me at the same time and I am overwhelmed by the massive amount of work I have to do. I find it hard to prioritize my tasks and I tend to lost track of some along the way. When faced with so much work, I sometimes feel as if I am giving up mentally as I visualize the amount of time I need to spend in finishing them. Sometimes I wish I have a Ni PoLR so that I can just concentrate on the task at hand and be less concerned about the long term.