TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this commercial and woman in it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sq6yuxxU2ro

The overall aura of the commercial, and the woman in it.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is ENFP, the aura is ENTJ I would say.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing could be more polr than that, mhm...
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Nothing could be more polr than that, mhm...

what are you referring to?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post
    what are you referring to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian View Post
    She is ENFP, the aura is ENTJ I would say.
    Aura - agreed
    "Does it return the favor?" -
    "pursuit" - rationality
    "freedom" - EN

The face of a woman wasn't shown clearly, but I'd say she's more possible rational than irrational. Also in Ego very possible.
    I think something like .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The commercial is just not sexy to me at all.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    lol...

HAhahaha!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    The commercial is just not sexy to me at all.
    The overall aura is , with , just a bit of with some devaluing of while making a point of it.

I think the commercial is more like ESTp; the woman (or the "character" she's playing) is closest to ENFj I'd think.

UDP, are you thinking of the car, or of the woman?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand anything about it.

The whole persona of the woman is not attractive or appealing to me. She does not seem feminine or very sincere, or enjoyable to be around. I think the premise of the commercial is foolish, "not turn you own, but does it return the favor" - makes me roll my eyes. I doubt I would get along well with the "character" the woman is playing.

The car may be cool in and of itself, but the aura of the commercial stands out such that I actually brought it up here - it is unusually unappealing to me. It seems fake and 'badass' for the sake of being 'badass'.

Granted, this is my excessive normative analysis of a car commercial, but still. Whenever it comes on in the TV I am reminded of how much I dislike it. It reminds me of a few people I suppose, who are also of the types Expat listed in the above post, believe it or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was Gamma or something but Expat's argument makes more sense.

I don't find it particularly appealing even if the underlying proposal does work for me in a way. I just find the commercial a bit artificial.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    I thought it was Gamma or something but Expat's argument makes more sense.
    I thought of Gamma for a brief while. It doesn't put me off overall, and I liked the fact that it says that those little features don't matter, what matters is the performance -- but that's what I meant with "devaluing of while calling attention to it". They are showing those features while saying they're not important - a bit hypocritically, as if they were "a guilty pleasure". I think Gammas would be put off more by what UDP called "badass for the sake of being badass".

Saab (I think) had a very Gamma commercial - I couldn't find it. A guy is bored in a room fool of people watching and cheering a soccer game during a world cup. The bored guy slips away quietly. Next, he's happily driving his Saab fast on the empty streets of Barcelona (since everyone else stayed home to watch the cup). Now that's a fully Gamma commercial. But I can't find it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The woman seemed ISTp to me. Slow talking relaxed sitting, talking about some stuff that made no sense to me... Her voice is weak, no liveliness. How you present your idea seems less important than the idea itself and I can't see the valuing in that. As you watch the commercial, you can almost feel the soft texture of the car, the velvety shine of the road... The sound reflects the serenity of the luxurious drive, the close-up to the leather seat makes you imagine how it would feel against your skin. I do not see the polr or devaluing anywhere.

The idea of the car returning the favor sounds quite appealing to me. At first I was confused but then I got the image that turning the key brings the car to life and then it felt like the car owed something to the owner.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    As you watch the commercial, you can almost feel the soft texture of the car, the velvety shine of the road... The sound reflects the serenity of the luxurious drive, the close-up to the leather seat makes you imagine how it would feel against your skin. I do not see the polr or devaluing anywhere.
    Those were fleeting moments, the overall focus of the video is on and as per the speed and power of the car, and how it responds to you, rather than whether it's comfortable. I saw devaluing in the general idea of pointing out that the small details arent't important (even if, as I said, it also called attention to them).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw devaluing in the general idea of pointing out that the small details arent't important (even if, as I said, it also called attention to them).
    No. She wasn't devaluing at all. She was saying 'it's not cool because it's comfortable, it's cool because it's powerful.' In American society, using pure as an advertising gimmick won't work even when it's very clear that the car is extremely comfortable. So it was devaluing *in a sense* maybe, but it was a playful way. Your matter-of-fact way of speaking makes it sound like she was picking coolness over comfort. She was trying to sell a car that had both power and comfort. So it valued and .

To me, the car looks awesome. Because when I drive I want to actually feel like I'm driving. Not some airy pathetic thing. Totally annoys me. A car should feel earthly and like...you're actually doing something.

Those were fleeting moments,
    Fleeting moments? They take up nearly most of the video.