View Poll Results: type of Henry Rollins?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

3 75.00%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 25.00%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry Rollins

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    He's known to be very emotionally closed-off and an obsessive workaholic to the point where he's pretty much closed-off from his super-id functions in a weird way.
    I know this is a necro-bump, but this line bugs me.

I think Rollins met his dual in Joe Cole, and when Cole got killed, that's what caused this sort of "break" or repression of the super-id. I think it's more sad than weird.

Attachment 3251

Also, to everyone saying LSE, just...no.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    Also, to everyone saying LSE, just...no.
    Have to agree. Finding only one song of worth from his entire repertoire, surely makes us both in the right.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I’ve been to Occupy DC, Occupy Wall Street, and Occupy Chicago. I’m reading the signs, and I’m talking with people, and their beef, and I’m not trying to distance myself from them by saying “their thing,” but, finally, real issues are being addressed: campaign finance reform, the destruction of Glass-Steagall, bank deregulation, loopholes, the wacky high jinks of credit-default swaps, and all of that -where America got taken to the cleaners, [as did] other good people of the world. A lot of people – say, 99 percent or so – who say, “Screw this.” Finally.

[President Barack Obama] should have been calling out – by name – some of these bank people. He gives a lot of bad people a pass, in my opinion. That’s the frustration a lot of people have with Barack Obama. They like the guy, but he doesn’t bring his foot down. You’re like, “Really? Not even on this one?” He won’t get in there and throw his shoulder against any door. You know, you arrest 700 kids on the Brooklyn Bridge, but no bankers have gone to jail for defrauding millions of people? That’s a little odd.
    Hey, @AshSun, just look how that unworthy person invades Hochdeutsch Wall Street American mogul and tries to meddle with his businesses. I say, ban him from America, the land of free.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Henry Rollins of Black Flag

Feel free to type the interviewer. I know a kid just like him.

Horrible quality but its a good interview

Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-SLE dude

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well damn.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought LSE initially watching him on YouTube but I agree with the SLE assessment.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice video finds though, especially the kid interview. You ask about the kid's type? My first guess would be LII.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    I thought LSE initially watching him on YouTube but I agree with the SLE assessment.
    I had initially thought LIE or SLE. SLE probably does make more sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Nice video finds though, especially the kid interview. You ask about the kid's type? My first guess would be LII.
    I had typed the kid I know as LSI so you definitely could be right.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He comes off as quite charismatic.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks SLE, and not because looks angry sometimes lol

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh, he makes me feel things ... :$

What an obvious Se dominant. Is it always so obvious?! Actually you know what, most of the time it is... it's in the eyes. That physicality and intensity like they are just THERE in the MOMENT... man.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy.........

him being in beta.......

Him being SLE.......

I want to be IEI again, guy kinda hits every word right for me.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

actually he kind of looks like a Rational T_type (sensory) ...but yeah, there's also lots of Se in his veins. Disturbing vibe.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-10-2014 at 01:00 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched a lot more of him. He's a pretty awesome guy. I like his philosophy/general spirit. Definitely one of my favorite public figures or whatever he is now.

Creepy-hkkmr

Some sort of T rational, I think LSE

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Expected stronger EP- energy in the videos from his strong presence in the pictures posted and focus on tangibility but only really watched like one video on the gay marriage thing and don't know much about this guy. If he isn't, indeed, SLE (which, so far, just looks like stereotypical archetype of "bad ass" people associate with SLE, "oh so manly and dominant, my pussy is wet" and no attempt at explanations or VI aside from "obvious SLE"- or I missed it- It is also making me think you bastards mistype SLEs in your life for every alpha male you meet *skepticism of ego typings from forum members intensifies*), I would guess his etype would have a hand in why he would seem that way to people. I am guessing he has sx up there and social, maybe 8 somewhere, etc. I'm more curious of his etype though, any thoughts? Will see what peeps think in the 'portraits of the enneagram' FB group.

In other news, woah his eyes look cool in this pic.

Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 12-10-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added more to insult you all

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, I remembered that stupid (but at that moment, interesting) thread about "The Many Faces of INFJ" people were passing around on the forums where NiFe types were described as everything from snakes to prophets to 'SP wannabe' now. He was under SP wannabe. I have not reread this yet but will just post this here.

The SP Wannabe:

“Let me tell you a little something about the universe. Fuck you.”

Nobody expects the SP wannabe! They are the face of INFJ that as soon as most people see, they automatically think “ESTP”. Little do they know there is a massive worldview and understanding of human kind and natural law behind that rough and tumble exterior. They are by in large the most in your face and Alpha Male/Female you can get with the INFJ breed. It is actually quite normal and even common for all personality types to have a fetishy relationship with their inferior function. For the INFJ, this fetish comes in the flavor of Se. They go out into the world, grab Se by the balls, and show the world who’s in charge. This is how they master their shadow, by fighting it head on becoming their Shadow’s master. Most if not all INFJs take on the aspect of the SP wannabe for at least brief periods of time. It could be through martial arts, racing, cooking, a good friend of mine does it through Hula Hooping. It is all a part of learning how to live in the now. Some INFJs take this fetish to a whole new level, almost fascinated with the sensations; Retelling stories emphasizing every gory detail they can remember in full detail.

Fictional Examples: The Comedian (The Watchman)
    Real-Life Examples: Henry Rollins, GG Allin again.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can see why a few people get a stronger sense of Rationality (more in the sense of Je usage) from him. Yeah, not sure about ExxP for him. At the least, probably D in DCNH, if not C (seems undeniably contact, as per Gulenko's new definitions).
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 12-10-2014 at 04:13 PM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default just off the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Lol, I remembered that stupid (but at that moment, interesting) thread about "The Many Faces of INFJ" people were passing around on the forums where NiFe types were described as everything from snakes to prophets to 'SP wannabe' now. He was under SP wannabe. I have not reread this yet but will just post this here.

The SP Wannabe:

“Let me tell you a little something about the universe. Fuck you.”

Nobody expects the SP wannabe! They are the face of INFJ that as soon as most people see, they automatically think “ESTP”. Little do they know there is a massive worldview and understanding of human kind and natural law behind that rough and tumble exterior. They are by in large the most in your face and Alpha Male/Female you can get with the INFJ breed. It is actually quite normal and even common for all personality types to have a fetishy relationship with their inferior function. For the INFJ, this fetish comes in the flavor of Se. They go out into the world, grab Se by the balls, and show the world who’s in charge. This is how they master their shadow, by fighting it head on becoming their Shadow’s master. Most if not all INFJs take on the aspect of the SP wannabe for at least brief periods of time. It could be through martial arts, racing, cooking, a good friend of mine does it through Hula Hooping. It is all a part of learning how to live in the now. Some INFJs take this fetish to a whole new level, almost fascinated with the sensations; Retelling stories emphasizing every gory detail they can remember in full detail.

Fictional Examples: The Comedian (The Watchman)
    Real-Life Examples: Henry Rollins, GG Allin again.
    Haven't seen the list, already sure it's populated by Se-ESxp E8 imo.

G. G. Allin - Se-SLE 8w7 sx/so
    Henry Rollins - Se-SLE 8w7, 6 head fix
    Marlon Brando - Se-SLE 8w9 sx/sp, 4w3 heart fix
    Johnny Cash - Se-SLE 8w9 sx/sp 854
    Courtney Love - Se-SLE 8w7 sx/so
    Steven Seagal - Se-SEE 8w9 sp/sx 854
    Phil Anselmo - Se-SEE 8w7 sx/sp, 4w5 heart fix

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?...ead.php?t=7016 <- just found this on INTP forum, and it was posted by Captain Pod'Lair aka Adymus.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the "Man Test" video, he completely reminds me of a probable LSI male I know.. just the way their speech is, seems very direct and matter of fact, almost cynical observations of the world.. His explanations are very to the point, this happened then this, then this, etc. It seems very organized to me, but I can see how his behaviour may also appear Te dominant.. however imo it is obvious his first function is not a focus on knowledge gathering etc, which can indeed come across "cold" and severe.. it is more "hot" and severe ... physically taking in the external characteristics of the world around him, sizing them up, knowing his place and how he can affect other people & things.

Ugh I am terrible at describing my impressions of people. But I find Beta ST oftentimes coming across unknowingly hilarious and dramatic, makes me laugh and poke fun at them for taking the world so harshly, but I truly do the same thing! Maybe it's more of a Beta thing heh Tiny violins playing everywhere. Come to think of it, I can't think of one Beta who does not see life and the world in this extremely "epic" way.. Does anyone know what I mean?

I see Henry Rollin's connection to poetry (I have his compilation poetry book) and the way he writes almost sort of.. imitation Ni.. something he so desperately wants to feel and describe but still needs help with... obviously looking for meaning and purpose.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate him. can't stand his face. Se-SLE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12