Thread: INFps and ENFjs: what is your take on Extraverted Intuition Ne?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFps and ENFjs: what is your take on Extraverted Intuition Ne?

What is your view of ? What do you think/feel about it?

(input from other Betas would also be appreciated)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    What is your view of ? What do you think/feel about it?(input from other Betas would also be appreciated)

personally in the case of betas i think its useful. i think it acts a socializing function and puts people and events and places into context. i find istj's ne to be very very useful for my thinking function and my counter experience with my own ne is that it helps to ground any fi to keep me from getting too self absorbed, moody, depressive etc. i think it must be a source of inspiration for estps though i can't comment on it much. i think healers are cool people, infps, and i respect the way they may not get as bogged down as i do with my ni, though again can't speak for them.

looking forward to the topic,
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, so true.

It seems sort of pointless to me, perhaps cause I just love too much. I also find it funny when those who value get annoyed by overt displays of
    Last edited by glam; 04-07-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    It seems sort of pointless to me, perhaps cause I just love too much. I also find it funny when those who value get annoyed by overt displays of
    Don't want to sound too much like a high school English exam, but could you (in your own words) describe and contrast what you like/dislike about Ne in comparison to Se?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herzy can be good, but it's annoying when there's a whole lot of it.
    exactly. when it's overused, it even annoys me. i've found it's good mainly in brainstorming situations, teaching situations, and helping people who are stuck in a rut get out of one. other than that, it's a vague, annoying perceptual process. *shrugs*

yeah this is funny. Se doesn't bother me except when it's being abused or to bully people.

anybody's overuse of their HA is annoying though, not just when they have Ne in their HA.

only speaking as an "honorary beta" though,
    Last edited by glam; 04-07-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Ne is most certainly a double-edged sword where I can see the foreboding possibilities of consequences that could arise from certain, seemingly harmless actions I might take.
    Yeah. Urgh. With you there. I can get so entirely obsessed trying to predict which precise action might produce a desired outcome. Mental contingency planning. Trying to apply to corral .

I notice that dominant types can also irritate me with their constant production of interesting potentialities which never actually manifest in reality. For me, I need to actually engage in making a potential reality; otherwise it's entirely unsatisfying. I'm driven to actually create and not satisfied with just entertaining the possibilities. Although, I suppose the other side of that is that sometimes I will preserve an intention to eventually do "X" sometime off in the future. I can procrastinate something fierce with the notion that I'll eventually be more motivated.

occurs to me as a flock of butterflies. Can't net all of them, and sometimes the sheer size of the flock is overwhelming. Choice can be a burden.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    I notice that dominant types can also irritate me with their constant production of interesting potentialities which never actually manifest in reality. For me, I need to actually engage in making a potential reality; otherwise it's entirely unsatisfying. I'm driven to actually create and not satisfied with just entertaining the possibilities. Although, I suppose the other side of that is that sometimes I will preserve an intention to eventually do "X" sometime off in the future. I can procrastinate something fierce with the notion that I'll eventually be more motivated.

occurs to me as a flock of butterflies. Can't net all of them, and sometimes the sheer size of the flock is overwhelming. Choice can be a burden.
    hmm this actually sounds like me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...tream/trailer/

Anthony Hopkins' newest movie, Slipstream, which he wrote and directed and starred in, seems to revel in Ni/Ne.

Note the Poe quote: "A dream within a dream". That was also used in Picnic at Hanging Rock, probably the most Ni film ever heh.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    can be good, but it's annoying when there's a whole lot of it.
    Since when were you a Beta...

Of course; dee's typing.