Thread: Struggle, live is hard

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Struggle, live is hard

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Apart from whether the passage suggests hardship and difficulty, why would mentioning something about hardship and difficulty mean one was expressing
    "-"...i.e., blocked with ?

Are you saying that that comes with some sort of suggestion of struggle and drama is necessarily Alpha ?
    And in comparison, the comes with the suggestion of a comfortable, relaxing, soothing, home-like atmosphere is Beta ? ...because it's "+"?
    Tcaud brought up something in another thread that made me think about a question I've had for awhile. He suggested that Fe that expresses hardship, difficulty, struggle, etc., is characteristic of Alpha Fe ("-Fe"), and that, furthermore, it may suggest non-valued Se (for example, 7th function Se). In a much earlier thread , Rick had suggested that Fe that comes with a feeling of a sense of struggle is probably Fe mixed with Se (i.e., Beta-Fe, or indicative of possible EIE)

Earlier, I had agreed with the view that SEIs may sometimes play that "life is hard" role, portraying everything as a struggle, a battle against fate. Later, I accepted Rick's logic that emphasis on struggle, battle, etc., more likely Se in one's quadra values. But now I can see it both ways.

Would an expression of how hard life is and how hard we must struggle be a characteristic role of SEI? Or more characterstic of ESI, EII, EIE, ILI, or other types?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds like Se.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely don't relate.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    it sounds like Se.
    Unless they mean it in some emotional context.

Lately I've been thinking about how types can talk quite a lot about strength, which I think they mean emotional strength as in not breaking down emotionally.

Although strength would be lugged with normally it seems to make more sense for it to be put with in this context.

I'm guessing the same thing is happening here with hardship, maybe sees hardship as the emotional toll you have to get through. Edit: maybe a bit of in there too you can't go through hardship without going through life.
    Last edited by leckysupport; 12-24-2007 at 05:05 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Beta. Overcoming adversity is their biggest theme, IME.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    It's Beta. Overcoming adversity is their biggest theme, IME.
    Yeah, it makes sense. Beta would be the most logical choice for the overcoming adversity theme. I often think motivational speakers are typically EIE, for example.

But are there times when SEIs may express a certain kind of "overcoming adversity" theme of their own? Perhaps in dealing with their Te PoLR? And if so, what would that look like?