Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ILE-ENTp weaknesses

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My ILE cp6 professor for media change gets caught up in finding opportunities to criticize and distrust a lot, spotting Ti inaccuracies (which is superb!) but not seeing the brighter side. He can make jokes that nobody finds funny, which ruins the popularity he could otherwise have because he's competent and upbeat. He's only semi-good at bonding with people, his seminar has low attendance rates. Because of his `paranoid´ character, people judge him and are missing out on some seriously good content. He has problems keeping up with his appearance and health, he is dramatic and hectic.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I noted that when one works in government and government-funded institutions, selective blindness to unfairness is absolutely necessary for ones survival. Most civil servants have an added complication to their work; high-level politics from elected officials trickles down to the lowest level; and this is why these institutions become so inefficient.

a.k.a. I/O
    I can't say I admire a guy who waits for the last day to give a big FU to his workplace, civil servant or not.

The situation that you describe is exactly why I have never worked in government.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I can't say I admire a guy who waits for the last day to give a big FU to his workplace, civil servant or not.

The situation that you describe is exactly why I have never worked in government.
    There are thousands on Wall Street and at the Big Three that do exactly the same thing - say nothing. It's hard to find ones own independent kingdom; those comprise the lucky minority.......
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 04-06-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's hard to pinpoint weaknesses in ILEs because Ne (spotting what's missing) and Ti (detached analysis) grant them the ability to analyze themselves objectively and nail down any and all perceived weaknesses in themselves. they usually employ "smoke and mirrors" tactics to conceal their weaknesses. if concealing them doesn't work, they find a way to spin their weaknesses into strengths, ergo "owning" them.

prone to debilitating depression if they lack proper socialization + creative and intellectual outlets
    boredom is equivalent to death. where others may seek out help from friends and family in trying times, ILEs rarely, if ever, do. they will isolate themselves, inadvertently burning bridges along the way, and their capacity for self-care will drop down to zero. cue mental and physical illnesses.

weakness in volitional sensing & excessive pride resulting in unrealized dreams and goals
    they're disinclined from using force to get what they want so, if they find something (or someone) they want, they have to utilize indirect methods (tricks, hints, and deceit, albeit not necessarily malicious in nature) and patiently wait it out, but, if that doesn't work, they have one of two options:
    a. reluctantly use force, which throws them into an uncomfortable state of agitation, and beat themselves up for it afterwards
    b. sit back and do nothing, feel "cheated" because it's not in their nature to selflessly give w/o any return, feel agitated and resentful

emotionally manipulative, occasionally abusive
    when they're in an unhealthy state, they will cry, guilt-trip, blackmail, all that jazz (see: 5 y/o throwing a temper tantrum)

social pariahs
    they want nothing more than to be liked and admired by others, but their strong sense of self (autonomy) & deeply ingrained set of principles may obstruct their ability to do so effectively. imagine living in a country where everyone except you can speak the native language. no one understands you, and, on top of that, there are strict laws in place prohibiting everything that you are and aspire to be. so, it's like that... but worse.

that'll do for now. they're beautiful, mysterious wells of endless potential and bullshit. they're some of my favorite people, but, without a consistent source of inspiration and the right type of caring, their devil-may-care attitude will whittle down until eventually they're shells of their former selves.
    Last edited by wasp; 04-07-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123