Thread: -

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jung wrote on this in-depth.... In fact, he devoted an entire paper just to the study of extroversion vs introversion. But yes those are quite accurate descriptions.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I see, what you're saying is that the end results of the function is different - ie. two people with introverted logic would build different [subjective] systems around the same [objective] data.

If two people with as base were locked in the exact same room and forced to watch exactly the same stimuli, would they build the same system or two different systems based on the peculiarities of each person? If the latter is correct, than it means that in building systems, different Ti individuals ignore information which doesn't square with the system they've built. To find explanation of this latter phenomenon would go beyond socionics.
    This is what psychic domain theory is beginning to explore: if we have different ideas about how an element manifests (even independent of sign) then we will disagree about it. Understanding the differences between our projected manifestations illuminates the nature of the divides between us.

Labcoat and I think about this regularly, and Gilly, too. (though he may not admit it.) What labcoat and I have concluded can be seen in this thread:

http://the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14863

We also have a Wikisocion page devoted to it.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t..._domain_theory

Lately I've begun to speculate that political "leanings" are in fact yet another dichotomous type phenomenon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is pretty much the definition of introverted vs. extraverted elements in that in introverted elements you are experiencing them as an object vs. experiencing them as a subject with extraverted elements.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    objects as far as i remember are all extraverted and fields are all introverted.
    im not big on the terminology but i guess i should further explain myself because i can see it going both ways on how i described them. in introverted elements, you are experiencing them with yourself as the focal point- how it feels, what it does, etc. vs. in extraverted elements, they are triggered by external events- what's going on around you, etc.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp