Thread: examples of compliments to your ego block vs hidden agenda

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default examples of compliments to your ego block vs. hidden agenda

Ego block: Perhaps an example of this would be myself and my massage therapist. We usually talk through my massages (lol), and she's often said that she loves the way I explain things. She said that even when there's a lot of complicated information that would require time and effort for most people to really understand, I explain it in such a way that allows even her to understand it, which (according to her) is saying a lot. "And not only can I understand it pretty easily, it's also an interesting way of looking at things."

Hidden Agenda: When I was talking to one of the Board Members in an organization we're in, he said that my colleagues tell him that they think I've got balls (to which I responded with "that's ironic..." as I'm the only female). Another colleague I met at a national event for leaders on a different organization that I'm part of told me that he'd heard different people talking about me, and they were saying that I'm really brave/bold, I guess for volunteering to stand up in a room of hundreds of my colleagues (mostly men twice my age) to present my group's opinions/answers during several different activities, most of which required answering people's questions?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know that i've ever been complimented on a super-id function.

yours don't really sound like they refer to Se either.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were saying I was strong/powerful. I suppose it could be interpreted different ways depending on the situation. Struck me as a Se compliment though, and still does.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People always seem to be pointing out things in my ego block. For instance, I've had a lot people tell me that I'm extremely concise and clear in how I argue, and that I often for whatever reason make people feel stupid(I do this without trying) because I insist on my points and argue them well. Like...take sports. Everyone wanted Donovan McNabb, quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles, to be released and replaced with who they saw as the savior of the Eagles, A.J. Feeley. But that opinion was stupid. I mean, it was obvious if you just looked at what McNabb can do, and all the mistakes A.J. Feeley's made in the past, that Donovan was the guy to pick...but people just let their emotional bias and bandwagon fervor take over them, which bit them in the ass when Feeley threw for 4 picks in one game to the Seattle Seahawks to essentially lose the game FOR us. People saw what was a slot performance against the Patriots(he gambles a lot with the Ball...it worked in the Patriots game but not in the Seahawk's game,) and just assumed he was good(something I take to be Se or some sort of function without using any sort of intuitive insight or what I think is Ti thinking.) My friend laughed at the fact that through the whole thing I supported McNabb, saying "you were like the ONLY person I knew who didn't want A.J. over McNabb."

Uh I don't think I've ever be complimented on my super-id functions. I mean, people say I eat healthy or comment that I'm in fairly good shape but beyond that no. No one would ever compilment me on them, especially Fe.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I don't think I've ever received compliments in my ego or super id. No, actually, people mean them as compliments but I take them sort of as insults. People always say I'm so weird, different, unique. I don't like it when people say that, I don't like to be considered not normal, but they assure me they mean it in a "positive" way.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, the compliments I generally receive are related either to me being very energetic or good at some sport or about being mentally quick. I don't really notice them anymore because I know already this stuff and I'd feel much better being complimented over something else even if i don't know what.

I think that more than being bold people think I'm stupid at doing certain things, especially ISxjs (like training when it's very cold, mountain climbing etc etc)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Uhm, the compliments I generally receive are related either to me being very energetic or good at some sport or about being mentally quick. I don't really notice them anymore because I know already this stuff and I'd feel much better being complimented over something else even if i don't know what.

I think that more than being bold people think I'm stupid at doing certain things, especially ISxjs (like training when it's very cold, mountain climbing etc etc)
    Thank you FDG, this is a good example of something I was talking about in another thread.

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...=311987#311987
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA
    ... about me being knowledgeable. From an ISTp.
    Does that count?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG

Thank you FDG, this is a good example of something I was talking about in another thread.

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...=311987#311987
    It could be that they're trying to warn me to consider (that is, the fact that i actually have a body that could be injuried).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there are a lot of people that would admire those traits FDG. Some people would warn of danger or think it's stupid, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not bold or that it is stupid.
    SEE