Thread: ENFps having short attention span

Threaded View

Default ENFps having short attention span

here's a newsflash to ya'll, we enfp's have no attention sp... damn thats a cool car
    lol

the biggest complaint i hear about us is that we seem to not pay attention, or cancel plans, or w/e
    the simple harsh truth as i see it is that we are naturally drawn to the most interesting thing in our particular environment, be that parties, movies, books, etc...
    we are idea initiators who cant follow through without a huge amount of effort and concentration on our part
    (heres the part where i kinda ramble so at the bottom of this post ive made a list of practical ways to guarantee an enfp will not cancel out on you)

what this basically boils down to is that if you want to spend time with your enfp friend/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend then you need to be interesting. for example, being enfp i try to cram as much into my schedule as i can. i work an average of 50 hours a week in four days, that means i have 3 days off. one of those days off is reserved for me to take care of my shopping, bills etc... that means that in 2 days i need to pack in all my socializing. naturally im going to pick the most interesting stuff to do. if people want to spend time with me they need to be willing to find something fun to do, if i say that i want to do something, realistically thats about all the effort im going to put into it. im lucky enough to have friends who are very good at the follow through part however, so i suggest something, they work it out, and it happens. anyhoo i follow this schedule for a couple weeks and all the sudden someone will show up and say, hey i havent heard anything from you for 6 months, where the F have u been???
    at this point i feel terrible and will make lots of time for them

anyways the point is that if you are having problems connecting with an enfp and they sound anything like me, they will most likely be very touched if you call them up and tell them you want to do something. some suggestions that should keep them from canceling out on you:

1. make plans for the near future: the next weekend, tomorrow etc..
    2. make sure it is understood that this time is reserved for you, plans have been made, they are important to you
    3. once the time has been set, leave the actual plans open to change (for example, you planned to go to a movie, but this guy is having this really cool party over the same time, so go to the party)
    3 1/2. if you planned something special and it would really hurt you to do something else, dont be afraid to say so
    4. there are 2 circumstances that may come up that the enfp will cancel on you even with all this: a mandatory family get together, another pre-planned thing that the enfp forgot about when they made plans with you. in these cases try to be understanding and plan something else

as near as i can figure it, if you have the person typed correctly as enfp this should work to get them to spend time with you. it would work on me, so thats how im figuring it
    responses if you have anything to say are welcomed
    Last edited by silke; 03-16-2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: edited out spam link