Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The pathetic hidden agenda

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Thanks. I think implied put them there, but on her own pages.
    she has one so far (this one), and it's located in both her userspace and the wikisocion namespace. which is fine as long as it gets marked as original material (ie hypotheses).

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the Ti one a lot.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Ti one fits me as far as my stubbornness goes, but I've gotten a lot better with it over the years, I think, anyway. Currently, I think my HA mostly comes out around people who I have an apparent disgust for; I'm tiring to work on that.
    Kill them.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The focus on one's hidden agenda is also manifested in a "patting yourself on the back" way, when you are reassuring others that you are actually good in doing something, but it's painfully obvious to others that you are above all reassuring yourself and not doing a good job at it - and by doing that, you end up behaving in a pathetic way.

So:

: behavior aimed at showing how popular and liked by the crowd you are, but that is actually making you look like an ass.

: unshakeable and stubborn defense of ideas and beliefs against all opposition, with unwillingness to even discuss the possibility of their not being correct

unshakeable and stubborn unwillingness to compromise on personal behavior and principles against all opposition in a social situation

: behavior aimed at showing how competent you are in handling practical and financial affairs, or in how much knowledge in a particular subject you have, but painfully focusing on non-essentials to the point made

: unshakeable belief that you know exactly what is going to happen in your life in a given situation, or precipitated action since you know that "now is the time to act", but ending up shooting your own foot in both cases

: behavior aimed at showing how successful, rich, or physically strong and brave and confrontational you are, when others can see you're none of them

: showing off how wiser you are than others in taking care of your health by good food and avoiding personal risks, but making you look like a paranoid pussy-wimp. Also, an essentially unphysical person trying to show off how they master daily details in administration, maintainance, housekeeping, etc

: behavior aiming at showing how original and creative you can be, but making too much out of obvious and trivial ideas.

So if you see someone behaving in a pathetic way, just remember -- on other occasions, it's you doing it.
    This is the biggest BS..yes that's right Bull Shit that anyone ever wrote about type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sort of agree and sort of disagree. the hidden agendas conclusions are closely related with the dominant function. It is like a difficulty in communicating the intimate workings of the dominant function. im not willing to entirely dismiss it as baseless and foolish. these are accurate descriptions of the surface perceptions other people will have of the HA at times. on an intimate level i think it is better described as an area of passion, conflict and poor communication.
    here is Bruce Lee on his hidden agenda:

What he is saying is brilliant but he's going out on a limb and he is vulnerable to criticism.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 02-19-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unshakeable and stubborn unwillingness to compromise on personal behavior and principles against all opposition in a social situation
    Lol, yep. You expat, are a smart bastard.

: unshakeable and stubborn defense of ideas and beliefs against all opposition, with unwillingness to even discuss the possibility of their not being correct
    Sounds like maritsa.

Other IEIs on the forum do some across like this more or less, but IEIs in real life, this feature is definitely more noticeable: along with the other types' HAs.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    This is the biggest BS..yes that's right Bull Shit that anyone ever wrote about type.
    How so? I think it's pretty good... At leas it describes a few people I know well . Tbh, It's hard for me to tell if the Si applies to me considering my pov, but I don't think this in particular applies. I don't shove health info on other people's faces, not my style.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm's dog View Post

Sounds like maritsa.
    Yeah, she might be SEI.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    How so? I think it's pretty good... At leas it describes a few people I know well . Tbh, It's hard for me to tell if the Si applies to me considering my pov, but I don't think this in particular applies. I don't shove health info on other people's faces, not my style.
    Not to question your type, but how do you feel about the Fi hidden agenda description?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

way to be constructive

I think the Ti HA is more like 6w7 stubbornness as it's written here. I sorta do it, but not really. Maritsa doesn't do it. There's a clear difference between what I do and what she does.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to question your type, but how do you feel about the Fi hidden agenda description?
    Yeah, I don't like the idea of compromising your principles in a situation, it's like losing your personality to me... However, I'm pretty open to some areas of morality being subjective, and to the possibility that I am wrong (which might just be E6 behavior).

I know what Expat was getting at. It's dealing with a brick wall of morality where nothing gets through.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what Expat was getting at. It's dealing with a brick wall of morality where nothing gets through.
    I think especially in situations where you don't want to take responsibility for your ethical mistakes and feel vulnerable to others judgment upon you, and see no problem with your judgment, and you stand up for yourself and can't take others criticism into consideration (until much later when you're alone contemplating on your wrong-doing, and might go back to your closest friend to let him know how you were wrong). To me it seems like more of a social defense mechanism.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Of course, Fi HA manifests in many different ways. These are mere charicatures of single manifestations.
    HA doesn't have to be annoying to other people as well, it's when you start to overdo it to maybe hide some other aspects of your personality that you think are lacking.

I think especially in situations where you don't want to take responsibility for your ethical mistakes and feel vulnerable to others judgment upon you, and see no problem with your judgment, and you stand up for yourself and can't take others criticism into consideration (until much later when you're alone contemplating on your wrong-doing, and might go back to your closest friend to let him know how you were wrong). To me it seems like more of a social defense mechanism.
    Yeah, it shows as an obvious defense mechanism.

Btw, I think your avatar is of a wolf, not a dog .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, I think your avatar is of a wolf, not a dog .
    It's a dog that can shapeshift, and often carries himself a dynamically changing wolf form, the melds into more of a softer dog form. It depends on when you catch him. He's hard to see. Since he has natural skill in altering the lighting around him, a judgment to say he is a wolf is only expected.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit; HA generally does not exist
    Last edited by Skeptic; 12-31-2010 at 10:32 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, yep. You expat, are a smart bastard.

Sounds like maritsa.

Other IEIs on the forum do some across like this more or less, but IEIs in real life, this feature is definitely more noticeable: along with the other types' HAs.
    We have already done the math and we know it's correct...do some math and tell me what you come up with...so far people tell me they use hair color to type people, that's the strangest thing I've ever heard...I didn't know that people's brain cells were located in their hair color...funny.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to think of it as a cover-up for our PoLR. We strive to become better at it like our role, but we actually think it is an important aspect that needs to be covered unlike our role. Meanwhile, we complete disregard our PoLR so it can come off as unbalanced or unchecked, so it might stand out.

: behavior aimed at showing how popular and liked by the crowd you are, but that is actually making you look like an ass.
    I don't think popularity is necessarily what Fe HA aim for. It might be a bit closer to say they aim to affect others emotionally. Making them laugh or the like, but they tend to overstep boundaries and step on toes inadvertently.

I agree with this. I think they can also tend towards a lack of justification for their ideas and beliefs.

I think this is a small part, but I think it's more accurate that they tend towards being presumptuous of where they stand with others. They may assume that you are their best friend, that you are interested in them, or that you are their biggest enemy without any consideration for Fe-signals.

: behavior aimed at showing how competent you are in handling practical and financial affairs, or in how much knowledge in a particular subject you have, but painfully focusing on non-essentials to the point made
    I agree, with emphasis on focusing on irrelevant non-essentials. They may assume things are true or necessary without structuring and comparing their thoughts.

: unshakeable belief that you know exactly what is going to happen in your life in a given situation, or precipitated action since you know that "now is the time to act", but ending up shooting your own foot in both cases
    Overly presumptuous of causal relationships, and a tendency to stick to particular track with lack of consideration for things to go awry.

: behavior aimed at showing how successful, rich, or physically strong and brave and confrontational you are, when others can see you're none of them
    I disagree with this. I think Se-HA have the tendency to push themselves too hard and wear themselves out. They feel that they have the willpower to keep going without consideration for their physical needs.

What expat described is only superficially related to Se and is possibly somewhat related but definitely not heavily.

: showing off how wiser you are than others in taking care of your health by good food and avoiding personal risks, but making you look like a paranoid pussy-wimp. Also, an essentially unphysical person trying to show off how they master daily details in administration, maintainance, housekeeping, etc
    I think this is somewhat related, but I think it's closer to say that Si-HA can become overly perfectionistic or safe when it comes to their health and don't realize their own willpower to overcome problems.

: behavior aiming at showing how original and creative you can be, but making too much out of obvious and trivial ideas.
    This may be somewhat related, but I think it's more relevant to say that they tend towards doing too much extra work and not knowing exactly what is necessary to reach particular goals. Instead, they cover all things which they believe to be important.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 02-20-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have already done the math and we know it's correct...do some math and tell me what you come up with...so far people tell me they use hair color to type people, that's the strangest thing I've ever heard...I didn't know that people's brain cells were located in their hair color...funny.
    I know right? someone on here was actually trying to say you can type through x-rays of spines.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post

Overly presumptuous of causal relationships, and a tendency to stick to particular track with lack of consideration for things to go awry.
    Ohhh yeah whoops. I don't know what to do in situations where the Ni creative is quite clear where things are going, then I act, and then they overreact? so i don't act after that and then there's an incredible Ni push for me to do something, and i don't know whether to take them seriously anymore and lose my se confidence to do anything, so i wait for them to do something se-related, which they never do. oh this brings back memories. i must seem bipolar.

Also how would an ESI be overly presumptions? I would think an LIE would be much more inclined to do that??? LSI I could understand but ESI???

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    Ohhh yeah whoops. I don't know what to do in situations where the Ni creative is quite clear where things are going, then I act, and then they overreact? so i don't act after that and then there's an incredible Ni push for me to do something, and i don't know whether to take them seriously anymore and lose my se confidence to do anything, so i wait for them to do something se-related, which they never do. oh this brings back memories. i must seem bipolar.
    I'm not sure I understood that.

Also how would an ESI be overly presumptions? I would think an LIE would be much more inclined to do that??? LSI I could understand but ESI???
    Se-creative will take initiative in situations without being fully aware of what will happen. They do consider outcomes and consequences and may consider themselves fairly proficient at it, but they don't leave much room for error. The base element is irrelevant to this processes.

Ni-creative are naturally very in-tune to the fact that things aren't as they appear. Their predictions are much more accurate and detailed, and they are quick to adjust their predictions to new possibilities. Of course this leads to weakness elsewhere.

Both are making assumptions in a sense because that is the nature of Ni, but Se-creatives are overconfident while Ni-creatives are naturally more focused on creating accurate predictions.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

showing off how wiser you are than others in taking care of your health by good food and avoiding personal risks, but making you look like a paranoid pussy-wimp. Also, an essentially unphysical person trying to show off how they master daily details in administration, maintainance, housekeeping, etc
    behavior aimed at showing how competent you are in handling practical and financial affairs, or in how much knowledge in a particular subject you have, but painfully focusing on non-essentials to the point made

Or you could go this way with maritsa, misuing both Te and Si focusing on all her bogus VI techniques and talking about how sensitive her body is and how N's are total babies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly what I've been getting at.

Generally disliked people - or who act in a way to make them disliked, except by their identicals and duals - is when they are being overbearing in their super-id use.

Generally liked people - even by their conflictors - are those who use mainly their ego, or perhaps also their id.
    good observation, i think

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Example:

Once I had a semi-business meeting with an LIE expat in Ukraine who boasted profusely about his excellent new job and how his boss had flown him to the job interview by business class and put him up in a 5-star hotel. He told me all this while generously "treating" me to a single cup of $.80 coffee in a shabby street cafe for some useful advice and info I had given him previously.
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Ne HA from my LSE boss: Two weeks ago, she wanted me to compile the training statistics for the current year and showed me an example of how one of my colleagues compiled them into powerpoint slides last year. We have differing opinions on how the information should be presented. I decided to retain the format of the powerpoint slides and just edit the numbers. However, she prompted me to think of ways about how the slides can be improved and how the information could be better presented rather than following the previous year format. To me, if it ain't broken, why fix it?
    yeah, thats annoying, ugh

From some posts, and some PMs, it seems to me that some people are getting the wrong idea about what I was pointing out.

Those descriptions are not of healthy behavior of the types. They are about when you're being pathetic.

Intelligent, self-aware, healthy people will NOT identify with those descriptions as their NORMAL behavior.

Everyone's pathetic on occasion, but if you are being very frequently pathetic and disliked, due to behavior as described, it's because you're focusing way too much on your hidden agenda (or perhaps dual-seeking) -- or perhaps because it's an ego function and you're just dumb.

So, if you know your type, and you look at that list of descriptions, see your hidden agenda there and go "I never or almost never act like that!" then congratulations, you are an intelligent and healthy representative of your type.

(but again, I would expect everyone to over-focus on their hidden agenda on occasion, except perhaps without noticing it).

My understanding is this:

- your 7th function: something you are strong/confident in but don't value, yet you take it seriously when you see it "misused". So you are likely to be annoyed by, and to annoy, those who value it but are unconfident in it (your conflictor, super-ego, supervisee, look-alike).

- your 8th function: something you are strong/confident in and don't value, and you don't really take seriously. So you do not annoy your dual with it (who has it as PoLR), much less expect your dual to use it or value it. You disappoint/annoy your conflictor and supervisor who do expect you to use it and to value it.

Elaborating a bit --

SLEs: more likely to do that by pranks, being loud, physically playful in an intimidating way (even if not their intention).

ILEs: more likely to do that that by being a smart-ass, making fun of others, behaving in a "weird supposed to be cool" way, but not physically

SEI: more likely to do that by claiming "I have much more life experience on that than you"

IEI: more likely to do that by claiming "I have given this matter much more thought than you; I have reflected on this many hours"

EIE: more likely to focus on "famous" or "important" people they know ie name-dropping, as if to show they belong to some "elite"; positions and status are emphasized rather than actual wealth - example I witnessed: "I met Emperor Hirohito - President Reagan introduced me to him, you know". Mentioning that you move around "successful people".

LIE: more likely to focus on actual material possessions, successful investments, business ventures, and particularly "clever" purchases ie "I bought this very good car for a ridiculously small amount of money". If mentioning other people, perhaps just the spouse.

I have to think more about the others.

ESI: more likely to be the case in taking action to "settle" a personal relationship one way or the other, or to "solve" a problem regarding work, money, or the like.

LSI: more likely to be the case in taking action to "destroying" an "enemy" or "making amends" with someone who, you fear, may otherwise "hate" you

I use quotes because I am talking about the intention -- the result is often the precise opposite
    so true

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    These aren't necessarily pathetic behavior per se, more just my own experiences with each hidden agenda...

- they ask you a lot of questions so you feel "special"- "How did your test go?"
    - take pride in their relations with others
    - always doing social networking some way- involved in clubs, etc.
    - often ask you "are you mad at me?" as if to gauge your emotions
    - tends to do nice things for others, considerate

- very interested in other people's personal lives, as if to gain a deeper understanding on some life matters that they can generalize
    - somewhat "slow" in the fact that it's hard for them to pick up new concepts or ideas

- very curious, ask a lot of questions about their surroundings
    - often make impulsive decisions, known for having crazy lives for putting themselves in ridiculous situations

- hard to open up to other people, give you a challenge
    - despite the above point, if you really need them they are there for you
    - not so big on the whole manners thing, not the most considerate of others

- try to be more creative than they actually are- especially in their surroundings, tastes, etc.

- concerned about their own health and the health of others
    - often remind you to eat a good meal, rest, etc.
    - have little things they do as if to deter to bad health, whether related to detering bad health or not (ex. and EII i know drinks purple vitamin water everyday, even though there's a bunch of sugar in them)
    - IME, gets freaked out by needles and graphic surgery shows

- very concerned with their own appearance- vain; they know there appearance is often not cohesive or complimenting
    - eyes light up when they talk about money or expensive things- splurges occasionally on expensive handbags (usually they have a logo of the designer on them as if to advertise that they spent a lot of money on them... in general, they're label whores)
    - can be cheap

- often have deep-held beliefs about things, don't care whether you agree with them or not

thoughts???

I like to think of it as a cover-up for our PoLR. We strive to become better at it like our role, but we actually think it is an important aspect that needs to be covered unlike our role. Meanwhile, we complete disregard our PoLR so it can come off as unbalanced or unchecked, so it might stand out.

I don't think popularity is necessarily what Fe HA aim for. It might be a bit closer to say they aim to affect others emotionally. Making them laugh or the like, but they tend to overstep boundaries and step on toes inadvertently.

I agree with this. I think they can also tend towards a lack of justification for their ideas and beliefs.

I think this is a small part, but I think it's more accurate that they tend towards being presumptuous of where they stand with others. They may assume that you are their best friend, that you are interested in them, or that you are their biggest enemy without any consideration for Fe-signals.

I agree, with emphasis on focusing on irrelevant non-essentials. They may assume things are true or necessary without structuring and comparing their thoughts.

I disagree with this. I think Se-HA have the tendency to push themselves too hard and wear themselves out. They feel that they have the willpower to keep going without consideration for their physical needs.

What expat described is only superficially related to Se and is possibly somewhat related but definitely not heavily.

I think this is somewhat related, but I think it's closer to say that Si-HA can become overly perfectionistic or safe when it comes to their health and don't realize their own willpower to overcome problems.

This may be somewhat related, but I think it's more relevant to say that they tend towards doing too much extra work and not knowing exactly what is necessary to reach particular goals. Instead, they cover all things which they believe to be important.
    good post

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I know right? someone on here was actually trying to say you can type through x-rays of spines.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post

aww, LSIs so much!!!

I'm not sure I understood that.

Se-creative will take initiative in situations without being fully aware of what will happen. They do consider outcomes and consequences and may consider themselves fairly proficient at it, but they don't leave much room for error. The base element is irrelevant to this processes.

Ni-creative are naturally very in-tune to the fact that things aren't as they appear. Their predictions are much more accurate and detailed, and they are quick to adjust their predictions to new possibilities. Of course this leads to weakness elsewhere.

Both are making assumptions in a sense because that is the nature of Ni, but Se-creatives are overconfident while Ni-creatives are naturally more focused on creating accurate predictions.
    very good description, very true in my experiences

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

How to hurt someone the most based on their HA (not recommended):

: express your dislike for them; make them feel unloveable; spread negative stories/rumours about them and make others (even worse: their friends!) hate them for them

: tell them they are stupid; show them how all things they know about are based on incorrect information

: steal their car; burgle their house; borrow their money and never give it back; live on their expense (to their detriment)

: make them feel irrevocably flawed and incapable of improving themselves and their condition

: break up with them and then tell them you did so because they have never showed any true love for you

: do not acknowledge their point of view; ridicule their grasp on a favourite theory of theirs; tell them they are too illogical to understand, or that nothing they say ever makes any sense

: threaten their health; make them become sick (by abandoning them)

: make them believe the apocalypse is near, but it is unclear what will happen and there is nothing they can do about it; make them doubt everything they believe in

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    : do not acknowledge their point of view; ridicule their grasp on a favourite theory of theirs; tell them they are too illogical to understand, or that nothing they say ever makes any sense
    This is the truest thing ever posted on this forum. If someone wants to really hurt me then this is it.

459 tritype might make it even worse.
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-15-2015 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typo

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if I focus on my HA alot, but dont come across as a stubborn unyielding know it all... does that mean im a mothafuckin Gangsta?

Sweet.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's not hurtful, just really really annoying.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone tell me how HA interact into the Socionics Model A theory, how they affect other functions into the Model A? In which way their need of thirst is affecting the person psyche (in way of Model A's understanding, Socionics way).
    And can someone tell me, how considering those structural interaction told by Model A's theory one is to behave empirically onto the exterior world or on himself if the HA is introverted?
    Thanks.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    That's not hurtful, just really really annoying. [/COLOR]
    Wouldn't it be annoying to just about anyone, though??
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

: express your dislike for them; make them feel unloveable; spread negative stories/rumours about them and make others (even worse: their friends!) hate them for them

: tell them they are stupid; show them how all things they know about are based on incorrect information

: steal their car; burgle their house; borrow their money and never give it back; live on their expense (to their detriment)

: make them feel irrevocably flawed and incapable of improving themselves and their condition

: break up with them and then tell them you did so because they have never showed any true love for you

: make them believe the apocalypse is near, but it is unclear what will happen and there is nothing they can do about it; make them doubt everything they believe in
    I would get hurt and annoyed by everything on that list

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Can someone tell me how HA interact into the Socionics Model A theory, how they affect other functions into the Model A? In which way their need of thirst is affecting the person psyche (in way of Model A's understanding, Socionics way).
    And can someone tell me, how considering those structural interaction told by Model A's theory one is to behave empirically onto the exterior world or on himself if the HA is introverted?
    Thanks.
    An Empirical behavior to an Introverted mechanism, man im not sure empirical is possible unless you stretch the definition (verifiable by observation)

But Comfort/Intrigue/stimulation, when coming from another. I mean, it's essentially the Aspect that Illusionary & Dual share with a type.
    An Introverted HA means an introverted Type. So, something observable is that it gets the introvert to express themselves.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

: express your dislike for them; make them feel unloveable; spread negative stories/rumours about them and make others (even worse: their friends!) hate them for them <- really really

: tell them they are stupid; show them how all things they know about are based on incorrect information <-

: steal their car; burgle their house; borrow their money and never give it back; live on their expense (to their detriment) <-

: make them feel irrevocably flawed and incapable of improving themselves and their condition <-

: break up with them and then tell them you did so because they have never showed any true love for you <- total

: do not acknowledge their point of view; ridicule their grasp on a favourite theory of theirs; tell them they are too illogical to understand, or that nothing they say ever makes any sense <-

: threaten their health; make them become sick (by abandoning them) <- (as in hunt them down to get the last word in)

: make them believe the apocalypse is near, but it is unclear what will happen and there is nothing they can do about it; make them doubt everything they believe in <- If I fell for this tactic it would just make me feel crazy at first and then naive.

*based on previous experience but no absolutes
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-15-2015 at 05:22 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wouldn't it be annoying to just about anyone, though??
    I don't know Suz, I think some people are kinda turned on by a partner being hyperlogical and emotionally distant, it's like a thrill to them to try and get them to feel something.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I would get hurt and annoyed by everything on that list
    Of course no one likes anything on that list.
    It's about what hits the core of your being the most.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been unsatisfied with the -HA. Oh no! You coughed on me bleh. I mean, I can just get over being sick. I think what might make me more paranoid is making me think I can't control my body. Maybe you convince me every food is bad for you except for some obscure grain, and so I go out of my way to eat that grain alone. I dunno. -HA is so lame, it's such an uncool insecurity.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I've always been unsatisfied with the -HA. Oh no! You coughed on me bleh. I mean, I can just get over being sick. I think what might make me more paranoid is making me think I can't control my body. Maybe you convince me every food is bad for you except for some obscure grain, and so I go out of my way to eat that grain alone. I dunno. -HA is so lame, it's such an uncool insecurity.
    My sister does this!!!

But i dont think it's uncool... i just see it as unnecessarily tedious and anxiety provoking.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    This has hurt my very core several times throughout the years....and even this past week....I guess it's back to INTp today.
    Why INTp? The INTp's HA is , not .

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    My sister does this!!!

But i dont think it's uncool... i just see it as unnecessarily tedious and anxiety provoking.
    Exactly! And for me unnecessarily tedious and anxious are not cool. Haha I've also been spending the past three weeks refusing to eat sugar and only eating Weet-Bix and soy milk for breakfast because of a movie I saw, so I guess I'm part of the problem...
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Schildmaid, I said that when I thought Se was my mobilizing function. Whoops.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    @Schildmaid, I said that when I thought Se was my mobilizing function. Whoops.
    I am confused, as I don't see a post I made anywhere on this thread. But anyways, I thought the mobilizing function was something that you were good at sometimes but not others depending on the situation, and in any case it draws you towards it. With Se I see them usually being into action, practicality, even violence. It does make a good insult but not because you're always bad at it because from what I've seen you're not. And the descriptions I've seen on other sites are way oversimplified and/or off...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    I am confused, as I don't see a post I made anywhere on this thread. But anyways, I thought the mobilizing function was something that you were good at sometimes but not others depending on the situation, and in any case it draws you towards it. With Se I see them usually being into action, practicality, even violence. It does make a good insult but not because you're always bad at it because from what I've seen you're not. And the descriptions I've seen on other sites are way oversimplified and/or off...
    I tagged you because I got a notification that you liked an old post.

I do agree though. It's not a useless function. It's often pretty apparent and decent enough that sometimes it can even be mistaken for the lead. It will never have the same nuanced understanding and situational application as strong functions though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast