Thread: ego under stress

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ego under stress

i'm curious about how a person's ego functions can change shape as a result of living with others who, during particularly formative years, did not value these functions.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not have recognized myself as a Ti type until leaving my all-Delta home. That's about all I can say.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I would not have recognized myself as a Ti type until leaving my all-Delta home. That's about all I can say.
    in hindsight, do you think you were behaving as if you were another type in particular?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't tell you.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ego under stress

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    i'm curious about how a person's ego functions can change shape as a result of living with others who, during particularly formative years, did not value these functions.
    good question... kinda addresses the whole nature vs. nurture issue as well... my Mom (ENFj) and my Dad (INTj) both obviously share different judging function than me, but my younder sister (she's 2 years younger) is an ESTj so maybe it's possible she shaped me, or I shapred her, or a combination of both? Since learning about socionics I've kinda thought that I became a SEE with a base function to satisfy my Mom's craving of it (HA), which she was obviously not getting from my dad (PoLR).

However, since my sister is 2 years younger it's hard to say whether I influenced her or she influenced me and also, although we most likely had / valuing teachers and other influences, how we were able to fully develop our judging functions without our primary socializers, our parents, having their judging functions the same as ours.

Another crazy/random thought I had was if this whole socionics thing is somehow genetic, and somehow proven later on down the line, maybe we could genetically engineer our kids to be E-j's, or our duals, or whatever the hell we want. What happens if a ******-esque dictator comes into power and wants to make the entire population one type or wipe out an entire type altogether.

Ahhh sorry for getting off topic- just had to share! I wonder if there are any possible ways to find genetic/neurobiological connections to socionic types.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've lived with two Gammas, a Beta (ISTj), and a Delta (ISTp) almost all my life. I think I have found it very hard to spontaneously use my ego functions around them. I still use them easily for myself, but it's just more private. I notice the lack of super-id elements more - especially Si.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I've lived with two Gammas, a Beta (ISTj), and a Delta (ISTp) almost all my life. I think I have found it very hard to spontaneously use my ego functions around them. I still use them easily for myself, but it's just more private. I notice the lack of super-id elements more - especially Si.
    what types in gamma did u live with and what type are u?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You may very well be a -Ti/+Te type, but I guarantee you you aren't ENTp. You don't have -Ni/+Ne in the ego block.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reyn. conceptually i've felt i used my creative function excessively so that i became more like an INFj. This might work better with my ENTj father.

In reality, in college a few years back i do remember putting extra time in generating as many possible scenarios as i could for a certain question.

i have definitely suppressed my natural inclinations for many years. it lead to me being unhappy; who knows if the process has changed me or can be reversed, but i do feel aware of others' differences.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    good question... kinda addresses the whole nature vs. nurture issue as well... my Mom (ENFj) and my Dad (INTj) both obviously share different judging function than me, but my younder sister (she's 2 years younger) is an ESTj so maybe it's possible she shaped me, or I shapred her, or a combination of both? Since learning about socionics I've kinda thought that I became a SEE with a base function to satisfy my Mom's craving of it (HA), which she was obviously not getting from my dad (PoLR).

However, since my sister is 2 years younger it's hard to say whether I influenced her or she influenced me and also, although we most likely had / valuing teachers and other influences, how we were able to fully develop our judging functions without our primary socializers, our parents, having their judging functions the same as ours.

Another crazy/random thought I had was if this whole socionics thing is somehow genetic, and somehow proven later on down the line, maybe we could genetically engineer our kids to be E-j's, or our duals, or whatever the hell we want. What happens if a ******-esque dictator comes into power and wants to make the entire population one type or wipe out an entire type altogether.

Ahhh sorry for getting off topic- just had to share! I wonder if there are any possible ways to find genetic/neurobiological connections to socionic types.
    oh yes, i think we should make a socionics board game while we're at it.

what you said about your family does make the permutations seem endless.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bwahahhaha you have entered the Fi whirlpool. prepare to be reprimanded for your unholy behavior.....LOL

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well this is interesting since gill and i have a similar family type line up. i think there's alot that enters into it besides type though. i'd agree to what gill has said about Ti...i did not recognize this function until myh 30's. i think both my parents wanted Fi out of me and rebel that i am i wasn't fucking going to give it. :wink:

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha only if esfps can be the pink pawn! yeah it does esp. with all 4 of us occupying all 4 quadras.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp