I just posted a topic in general discussion called "IM elements and quadras" in which I asked if when other types read about their type's IM elements, if they feel like they fit them. (Answer there!) My question to you gammas is, what do you think about our super-ego and super-id IM elements? I'll get us started....

: After trying really really hard to understand this IM element better, I hope I don't understand it because I find it very hard to find its effectiveness and usefulness in everyday life. I've heard those exceptions on this forum, "Well if you're a hostess it helps!" "If you have a sick child it helps!" I don't even want to get into how these are rare examples that don't apply to EVERYDAY life. Such a lame IM element.

I find it very in your face and annoying. I feel like a lot of people with this element tend to use it for their own attention and praise. However, I do find it superior to in terms of Reinin's serious vs. merry dichotomy. Us - valuing types do tend to take things involving ethics a little too seriously and tend to see others' ethics in black and white terms- types are usually more understanding and forgiving. In a way, is more effective than too because it's necessary when dealing with people for business, or really most other relations. I do like my own though in a lot of ways too, don't get me wrong.

This whole N thing really throws me for a loop- I get that people with N as their first function use it primarily, but my God- what that must be like to not know every little detail in your surroundings! That's so foreign to me! seems to make more sense to me, but types seem to have an even shorter attention span than us s! It seems useless to me however because it's all about potential and not how to apply it in reality- in fact, they often do not.

This I am probably the most curious to hear about from you guys. In order to not confound any views and opinions on I will keep my own to myself until others start to talk about it!