Thread: What do INFps think of the Socionics.com IEI description?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do INFps think of the Socionics.com IEI description?

I am curious what IEIs and Beta types think of the description at socionics.com: http://www.socionics.com/prof/infp.htm
    How accurate is it?
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It describes me really well except for the money thing. But I think that has a lot to do with one's upbringing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few I don't relate to:

• I'm not particularly inclined to smalltalk; I see it as usually too superficial for me
    • I don't make empty promises; am more hesitant to commit myself rather than create expectation.
    • I'm not uneconomical, and have never been in financial straits due to extravagance; rather I always make sure I can afford things I consider "necessaries", though others might see these things as "extras".
    • I'd never marry for money instead of love (that is, if I marry at all).

The rest of the description seems applicable.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That descriptions sucks. It does so many things that a Socionics description shouldn't and has served only to perpetuate stereotypes that have become the bane of this forum. I hope the forthcoming one for Socionics.us is an improvement. I would avoid too much description of physical characteristics (which may or may not coincide with representatives of the type and usually serve mostly to confuse and mislead). The one part of that description that keeps coming up on this forum is this:

INFps more than any other type are inclined to marry because of wealth instead of love.
    I don't know what sample of IEIs Ganin culled this from, but most IEIs (myself included) take issue with it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    That descriptions sucks. It does so many things that a Socionics description shouldn't...
    That was my feeling as well, but I needed to hear it from real IEIs.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got an INFP friend who is involved with a rich girl at the moment. He can't stop mentioning that she's rich has a big house and he can stop working before his pension.

So that's one example of wedding out of wealth.

Of course I also know some more INFP who wouldn't do this... But just wanted to add this example.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know what to look for when looking for an IEI, so I can't really comment on that particular description.

But most parts of the SLE and parts of the LSE description fit me quite well.

Does Ganin have any understanding/concern for the functions?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I don't really know what to look for when looking for an IEI, so I can't really comment on that particular description.

But most parts of the SLE and parts of the LSE description fit me quite well.

Does Ganin have any understanding/concern for the functions?
    Yes, but 1) those descriptions are all from Viktor Gulenko, 2) Ganin uses a 4-function model (1,2,5,6 functions)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Ganin uses a 4-function model (1,2,5,6 functions)
    How is that different from looking at quadra values?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

those descriptions are all from Viktor Gulenko
    What is Gulenko's significance? Is he a well-trusted source for classical socionics?

Which is essentially one of the many MBTT methods (Dominant, Auxiliary, Inferior and Tertiary).

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Essentially, it acts as if devalued functions - strong or not - are non-existent.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    those descriptions are all from Viktor Gulenko
    What is Gulenko's significance? Is he a well-trusted source for classical socionics?
    Depends on whom you ask, and what period of Gulenko's career you refer to. I would guess that he contributed more original ideas and possible interpretations and applications of socionics than anyone else, some of which I personally find very insightful (erotic groups, temperaments). He clearly knows a huge lot about classical socionics. More recently, however, it seems that a lot of his ideas and suggestions have been met with skepticism by others.

Rick knows a lot more about it, of course.

[quote="Ezra"]

Which is essentially one of the many MBTT methods (Dominant, Auxiliary, Inferior and Tertiary).

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Essentially, it acts as if devalued functions - strong or not - are non-existent.
    Well if that's the case, then it's a really stupid way of looking at it.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's few that applies:

INFps are usually uneconomical in financial matters. They find it difficult to refuse their whimsical desires.

In fact, people who show concern about INFps health and well being and who listen to their problems are very much appreciated.

INFps are inclined to make empty promises, always finding excuses to justify their lack of responsibility. They like to make others aware of their lack or practicality.

However among friends and family they can be very up front sometimes behaving frivolously.
    "During conversation INFps have a tendency to maintain eye contact and to touch their interlocutors hand."

Eye contact is something I struggle with in normal conversation. Nowadays I have even less motivation to keep it because I'm told that I look at people like they're enemies. Don't like touching people's hands... GERMS @$)%&@$*)%
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure

Eye contact is something I struggle with in normal conversation. Nowadays I have even less motivation to keep it because I'm told that I look at people like they're enemies. Don't like touching people's hands... GERMS @$)%&@$*)%
    I don't like touching people's hands either but I do this thing where I will kind of touch/hit the person on the arm for emphasis.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part about the smile is something I recognize in the INFP's that I know.