Thread: INTp experiences with other quadras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTp experiences with other quadras

Okay, this is my first post here.

I'm not too sure of what I'm looking to ask, maybe because I'm a little overexcited to be here. Why? I ask myself, and the answer is, ever since I got into Socionics I've wanted to find some SEEs or other Gammas, online or off. Funny that I'd been coming here so long and only semi-seriously considered joining.

Anyway...

Elsewhere on the Internet I've built quite a reputation for getting people upset. Not a big one, mind, but I've noticed I am certainly not welcome in certain contexts.

Not that I care, but I want to understand this.

Kind of hard to describe exactly what i'm trying to get at, so I'll ask a simple question.

To the other ILIs, tell me, what would be the overall result if you were trapped in a crowded room with no doors, it is a mix of Alphas and Betas, maybe some Deltas, and you are the sole Gamma present. They are all in debate about the correct way to get out. You know that if they would all just shut up for fifteen minutes, the door will magically reappear. What do you do, and how do you predict the collective mass will respond?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ILIs among other quadras

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    Okay, this is my first post here.

I'm not too sure of what I'm looking to ask, maybe because I'm a little overexcited to be here. Why? I ask myself, and the answer is, ever since I got into Socionics I've wanted to find some SEEs or other Gammas, online or off. Funny that I'd been coming here so long and only semi-seriously considered joining.

Anyway...

Elsewhere on the Internet I've built quite a reputation for getting people upset. Not a big one, mind, but I've noticed I am certainly not welcome in certain contexts.

Not that I care, but I want to understand this.

Kind of hard to describe exactly what i'm trying to get at, so I'll ask a simple question.

To the other ILIs, tell me, what would be the overall result if you were trapped in a crowded room with no doors, it is a mix of Alphas and Betas, maybe some Deltas, and you are the sole Gamma present. They are all in debate about the correct way to get out. You know that if they would all just shut up for fifteen minutes, the door will magically reappear. What do you do, and how do you predict the collective mass will respond?
    Ooooo good question! I'm looking foward to seeing some of the ILIs reactions. What about your own? Welcome to the forum by the way! ILIs are the shit- I hope you find this forum useful!

To answer your first question about ILIs pissing people off and not being welcome in certain contexts- I think there are a few contributing factors:

1) PoLR- you guys aren't exactly the most polite and cordial of the types haha. Even types who don't value get put off by the blatant violations of social norms from ILIs- it just throws them for a loop. So in certain contexts where this may be important such as meeting new people, etc. other people may not want to have them around because of their talent for making others uncomfortable.

2) Argumentative nature- you guys just like to argue and bitch. Some people enjoy knitting, ILIs enjoy debating and complaining. This also ties in to the aforementioned Fe PoLR. Someone may something that you don't agree with, or may even say something you agree with but want to see them back up their argument. Once again- definitely freaks people out. My ILI friend often tells me, "I love you for being able to take me." This is so true and also an example of how we work together as duals.

3) Possible/often social awkwardness- you guys are great listeners and problem-solvers, but not so good when it comes to B.S.ing, making small talk, etc. This once again throws people off. Haha sorry to refer to another ILI example but one of my other ILI friends always takes forever to get ready when we go out because he said that all he has is first impressions and looks. For me, it doesn't matter what people's initial opinions or thoughts on me are, because by the time I leave everyone loves me and I'm everyone's best friend. Once again, another SEE-ILI duality example.

Hope that helps!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Do I want to get out? If so, what I would really do is make up some story that this it's some weird sociological test. But I've heard about it, and if we are silent for 15 minutes, they will open the door, and we can all go to home. My guess is that it would work after a while. My initial thought was:"Kill them!", but that's not realistic

If not. I would just wait that we all start passing out of oxygen. And maybe crack some jokes, while I'm waiting. Maybe make some stupid suggestions, and see if someone falls for them.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know that if they would all just shut up for fifteen minutes, the door will magically reappear. What do you do, and how do you predict the collective mass will respond?
    Is there a reason why you know this will work.

I would just simply tell them it works, and give them the argument of why I know this.

If they won't listen and keep talking, I would need to find a way to shut them up for 15 minutes...

There are a couple of ways to do this. Knock 'm all out (pretty difficult I guess) or just wait till they go to sleep. Then they are silent for 15 minutes, the door will appear, and I'll leave. Leaving those ignorant people behind. as a punishment because they wouldn't listen to me

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the betas/deltas to start fighting, and get the alpha SFs to play policewoman and make everyone shut up for you.
    Then the only problem, is the alpha SFs won't shut up, while everyone else is shuting up.
    How to shut up an alpha SF... hmm...
    I've been trying for about 10 years. Still haven't found a solution to your problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now what does a Beta/Delta fight look like?

(Psst... Twenty-five if you can provoke one on these boards. )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now what does a Beta/Delta fight look like?
    - The Beta STs would simply brawl
    - The Beta NFs would ???
    - The Delta STs would construct elaborate mechanical devices to use as weapons
    - The Delta NFs would angrily tell the Betas how immoral they are

We need more Socionics satire like this methinks. I've already got something in mind for the dual pairs actually, I might get around to that one day.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances