Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are ILIs-INTps like as children?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are ILIs-INTps like as children?

Anyone?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

...smaller than when adults.

Actually I don't remember my childhood that well, and how I thinked back then. The main difference I suppose is that I was more emotionally expressive, or just had poorer control over my negative emotions back then.

I was mostly known for being very imaginative, and happy (although I wasn't that happy really) or maybe I just made other people happy.

I was interested about science (especially astronomy, paleontology and chemistry), history, computers etc.

Also I liked stuff like horror, sci-fi, superheroes, and fantasy.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI children usually display lots of autistic behaviour...

Hmmm...I wonder if this thread will help me figure out whether I am an ILI or an Alpha NT. Perhaps there should be a thread like this regarding the childhood behavior for every socionic type?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    ILI children usually display lots of autistic behaviour...
    Probably correct (the ILI type descriptions are full of typical autistic traits). For example asking a lot of questions about everything, reading a lot, quietly and passively observing others, seeking solitude, pondering about life and the universe.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX
    Hmmm...I wonder if this thread will help me figure out whether I am an ILI or an Alpha NT. Perhaps there should be a thread like this regarding the childhood behavior for every socionic type?
    nah, there's way too many variables to make this accurate... much less useful

(and yes, I know this sounds hypocritical since I'm the one who started this thread )
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're E5, you're not likely to be ILI...

LOL get a fucking clue machintruc.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

I would say it's very difficult to tell apart LII child and ILI child just by judging on their behaviour, superficially their behaviour can be very similar, and have very similar interests.

INTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubtful.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram 5 is the most autistic of all the Enneagram types. And both ILIs and E5s have the same basic "drive", "need" (or whatever you want to call it): to seek knowledge -- as much as possible. No other types -- in Socionics or in the Enneagram -- are as strongly focused on truth and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Enneagram 5 is the most autistic of all the Enneagram types. And both ILIs and E5s have the same basic "drive", "need" (or whatever you want to call it): to seek knowledge -- as much as possible. No other types -- in Socionics or in the Enneagram -- are as strongly focused on truth and knowledge.
    Both ILI and LII are likely to score Enneagram 5 , that's the true part.

But what has autism anything to do with "seeking knowledge", reading books etc.? Absolutely nothing.

Do you two even have the faintest idea what autism is? Or what autists are really like? Have you ever met an autist? Have you ever even met an ILI? Have you ever met a another person? Or do you just live in a barrel?

An ILI playing autist in Rainman, isn't a criteria for ILI's having similarities with autists. And he's trying portray an autistic savant, who make ~2% of all autists.

INTp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to sit hours in my room and play with my lego (of course most of it being spacecraft), imagening all kinds of adventures.

I was also (like Warlord), interested in the universe, and the first book I read was about our solar system.

My mom always praised me as being an easy child, who could be left on his own, just playing with some toys.

At elementary school I was somewhat strange but smart. I was different from the other children, they all liked me though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the comment ILIs display autistic behaviors, is like observing how buffalos display sheep tendencies due to them both having fur coats..
    It's true, but it doesn't mean much other then.. both the animals have fur.

When I was a kid I was particularly emotionally expressive; really warm and happy, idealistic about the world and people... probably most kids are. I was also obsessed with starwars, dinosaurs, and coral reefs. And I used my imagination alot to transport me into fantasy scenarios where I was the hero and everyone I knew was relying on me to save them in some way. I was more calm then my brothers and sisters at home, but a total spaz at school.
    I think I had narcissism from the day I was born

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, autism is more related to E4 than E5...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BLAHBLAHBLAHINTPSBLAHBLAHAUTISMBLAHBLAHBLAAAAAAH

Talk about Socionics, assholes.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat
    I was also obsessed with starwars, dinosaurs, and coral reefs. And I used my imagination alot to transport me into fantasy scenarios where I was the hero and everyone I knew was relying on me to save them in some way.
    Yes very recognizable. Except for the coral reefs...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh nvm
    Last edited by marooned; 07-30-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry about it so much Loki. It's only really one guy, who happens to be LII. From past threads it's clear he has a narcissistic complex having to do with his intelligence, and feels threatened by ILIs. I've seen him try and suggest 2 or 3 times now ILI = autistic. I don't think I've heard anyone else jump on board with him and go sailing. Everyone pretty much responds: Yeah, there are similarities, but thats a superficial association.
    Alpha and Gamma never really get along

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see why some might think I was autistic, but...

How delightful.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Sometimes I feel like people are saying ILI=autisitc.

Autism, I believe, involves impairments in social interaction, communication, a lot of repetitive, ritualistic behavior patterns, as well as difficulties maintaining a person's self-care. These impairments and difficulties go beyond the range of "normal." This is why autism is often referred to as a "disorder."

I don't think it's really a good idea to define a socionics type by a disorder, or heavily correlate this. It's like saying ILEs and IEEs all have ADD.

Yes, maybe a greater percentage of ILIs are autistic than other types (I don't know). Or maybe ILIs can sometimes "appear" autistic.

But I think a child that displays a lot of autistic traits is more likely to actually be autistic than ILI. Unless of course all autistics happen to be ILIs.

My point is I think there's an over-association of autism with socionics type here. In my mind any statement or implication of "I'm autistic, so I'm probably an ILI or LII," or "my ILI-ness is apparent in my autistic behaviors," or "you're just not autistic enough to be an ILI," etc. are borderline ridiculous. I'm not saying anyone's actually saying this, but sometimes there seems to be a little too much emphasis on the ILI-autism connection.

Though, admittedly, the Wikisocion ILI description does rather sound like that of a mildly autistic person. So I can see why it's easy to make the correlation.
    ADD is more related to dominant , and most autists are ILI or LSI, although there may be cases of ILE or LSE.

ADD is more related to dominant , and most autists are ILI or LSI, although there may be cases of ILE or LSE.
    Get it through your hydrocephalic skull already. It's physically impossible to be autistic and ILI at the same time. The very definition of autism is basically lack of . Autism isn't even type related.

...evidence suggests the underconnectivity is mainly within each hemisphere of the cortex and that autism is a disorder of the association cortex.

The frontal lobe or prefrontal association complex is involved in planning actions and movement, as well as abstract thought.

If an austist would take socionics test, he would obviously score as dominant. Their "real" type, if they were healthy, propably could be just about anything.

Do you have any idea what you are even talking about, ever?

INTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Get it through your hydrocephalic skull already. It's physically impossible to be autistic and ILI at the same time. The very definition of autism is basically lack of . Autism isn't even type related.

...evidence suggests the underconnectivity is mainly within each hemisphere of the cortex and that autism is a disorder of the association cortex.

The frontal lobe or prefrontal association complex is involved in planning actions and movement, as well as abstract thought.

If an austist would take socionics test, he would obviously score as dominant. Their "real" type, if they were healthy, propably could be just about anything.

Actually, autism is an unhealthy form of

This explains why ****** (EIE, E2) although being very expressive, still seemed autistic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This explains why ****** (EIE, E2) although being very expressive, still seemed autistic
    a ha. so according to you:

Since autism is an unhealthy form of Ni, ******, who was EIE and E2, while being very expresssive, still seemed autistic.

(truth at last)

where to begin? i cannot grapple with this argument because there is no substance. there is no order. your would-be "conclusion" is actually written as your premise, and your opinions about ****** are stated as fact. yes, even stating that ****** was unhealthy is an opinion. not to mention that you defy/ignore logical categorization on a regular basis.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa

a ha. so according to you:

Since autism is an unhealthy form of Ni, ******, who was EIE and E2, while being very expresssive, still seemed autistic.

(truth at last)

where to begin? i cannot grapple with this argument because there is no substance. there is no order. your would-be "conclusion" is actually written as your premise, and your opinions about ****** are stated as fact. yes, even stating that ****** was unhealthy is an opinion. not to mention that you defy/ignore logical categorization on a regular basis.
    How many people do you know ?

Yeah in the same way that amputated leg is a unhealthy form of having a leg.

What kind of dumbass "proof" that's supposed to be? What's so "autistic" about ******? You obviously have no idea whatsover what autism even is. Even if ****** had some comordbidites with autism, those have totally different causes. An autist can't even manipulate a candy from a child, how the hell could an autist manipulate entire nation to do his bidding. Only one that seems autistic is you. With your obsession but lack of knowledge about autism, living in your own inner world and mentally retarded statements.

Hey, that's my line.

INTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah in the same way that amputated leg is a unhealthy form of having a leg.

What kind of dumbass "proof" that's supposed to be? What's so "autistic" about ******? You obviously have no idea whatsover what autism even is. Even if ****** had some comordbidites with autism, those have totally different causes. An autist can't even manipulate a candy from a child, how the hell could an autist manipulate entire nation to do his bidding. Only one that seems autistic is you. With your obsession but lack of knowledge about autism, living in your own inner world and mentally retarded statements.

Hey, that's my line.
    "my world" says that I hate ILI

Somehow that doesn't suprise me, odd

Well I like the LII's so now the universe is in balance

INTp

What is this obsession of yours? What is it about ILI people that you hate so much? Could you please explain this to me without using another excessively illogical and otherwise FUBAR argument?

Secondly, I can see where you might draw similarities between ILI and milder forms of autism, such as Asperger's Syndrome, yet were on earth do you get the idea that ILI will have a decent chance of corresponding with more severe forms of the condition?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

::is absolutely indifferent::

He hates us because deep down he wishes he were us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either that or he is just being an ass intentionally. I know an alpha (my mother, ESFj) who will make no sense on purpose just to piss me off.. and she seems to get off to it. Like the feeling of knowing it's a joke, while I don't know.. she delights in.
    Anyway, when she does this.. it is something about the way it demands attention, it's needy.. this rubs against my Fe badly. It's hard for me not to let a few "shut the fuck up"s slip out.
    Yeah, we have problems sometimes.
    You have to understand with alpha.. they don't talk in a Te way. I.E., they don't use language to make sense. Rather, they use language to play around with. I really feel like they're another species, sometimes. They remind me of a gang of monkeys in a zoo cage all hooting to eachother, and I have no idea what they're hooting about. Each hoot gets louder and louder, they start to experiment with different styles of hooting... Here I am sitting on the sidelines, I have no idea how to join in. Should I make meaningless noises too? Is this fun?

I would be happy to have the autistic Wittgenstein as ILI, anyway. He's only like.. the greatest philosopher ever

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    ::is absolutely indifferent::

He hates us because deep down he wishes he were us.
    I don't wish I was an ILI, because ILI are unfriendly and egocentric.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both ILI and LII are likely to score Enneagram 5, that's the true part.

But what has autism anything to do with "seeking knowledge", reading books etc.? Absolutely nothing.
    You are wrong. There are two main areas where people with Asperger's Syndrome are different from the average person: they have a limited ability to interact socially, and they have limited behaviours and/or interests (the exact formulations of these criteria can be found on a lot of different sites if you are interested). Related to the second main criterion is a typical tendency to focus very intensively on information that can be found in books. People with Asperger usually spend much more time than the average person on reading, and they are much more focused on knowledge than on understanding (if you -- like for example Sergei Ganin -- want to draw that logical distinction).

Do you two even have the faintest idea what autism is?
    Yes, I have spent some years (6-7 I think) studying that phenomenon.

Or what autists are really like?
    Yes, I have read many different biographies and other books, as well as articles, on autism and AS in general, I have seen quite a few documentaries.

Have you ever met an autist?
    Yes, many times.

Have you ever even met an ILI?
    Yes, many times.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Definitely not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat
    I would be happy to have the autistic Wittgenstein as ILI, anyway.
    Wittgenstein definitely had Asperger's Syndrome, and he was most likely an ILI. Rick's typing of him is probably incorrect. Samuel Beckett also had AS for sure. Maybe the strong autistic traits in some ILIs make it more difficult for some socionists to see that they are not LIIs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Definitely not.
    Let's do a demonstration to prove that E4 if the most "autistic" type.

Some people confuse E4 with E5 or E9.

Some ILI are E9, this is true, but they are mostly E4.

E5 are caracterised by anxiety (i.e. high level of norepinephrin). ILI, as irrational types, aren't really likely to be "anxious". (Intuitive Rational types are the most "anxious" ones)

I know E5 people that are : LII, ILE, EII, and SLI (mostly what Pavlov calls the "Strong type")
    I know E4 people that are : SEI, IEI, and ILI (mostly what Pavlov calls the "Weak type")

I know lots of ILI-4 people, but not a single ILI-5 dude/girl.

E4 have the lowest level of neurotransmitters. Autism is strongly related to that.

Therefore, yes. E4 is the most autistic type.

That DOES NOT mean E4=autistic=E4. That just means E4 is the most correlated to autism, because of lack of neural activity.

And I didn't invent the Strong/Weak type theory. Pavlov invented it decades earlier. If he had known enneagram, he could say "E5 is strong, E4 is weak".

People with Asperger usually spend much more time than the average person on reading, and they are much more focused on knowledge than on understanding (if you -- like for example Sergei Ganin -- want to draw that logical distinction).
    People with AS yes. But autists have trouble even in learning to read.

Do you two even have the faintest idea what autism is?
    Yes, I have spent some years (6-7 I think) studying that phenomenon.
    In that case, maybe you should find a new interest. Since it seems that you have learned nothing.

Have you ever met an autist?
    Yes, many times.

Have you ever even met an ILI?
    Yes, many times.
    And still can't tell the obvious fact, that they are no more similar than two humans in general? Especially if you boil down to details and causes of their behaviour.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't wish I was an ILI, because ILI are unfriendly and egocentric.
    Oh the irony.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My disgust for this topic deepens by the line.

it's obvious these LIIs have a vendetta against us. Therefore, I count their reasoning null, as it is rooted in personal bias rather than on empirical facts.

I say, leave them to bark their nonsense to each other. If they think ILIs autistic, it makes no difference to us. We know we are not, period.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameReborn
    it's obvious these LIIs have a vendetta against us.
    It's weird how there seems to be lot of LII's that have some weird animosity against ILI's. Not that I care, I just find it funny.

If there was a "LII children" thread, my first thought wouldn't be to write there something like:"all LII's are bed-wetters, because of their HA they can't hold their wee-wee".

INTp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast