Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Se types asking for Ni direction

Now, this topic is valid IFF you believe I'm an ENTj.

I think one of the core topics of Se-Ni interaction is that the Se type has the skill to execute tasks, and the Ni types has the ability to know what the solution is (but is uncertain on how to exactly implement). I've seen this behavior often in the ISTjs and ISFjs in my class, they will ask me "What do I have to do here?", and when I point the direction they speed to the end of the task with ease. Many times I'm baffled by them asking because I feel like it was something trivial to know. Examples are usually to be found in homework and exams, especially in the former there is usually a procession of them asking how to solve issues.

The funny thing is that many times I'm not really sure of what I am telling them. I don't know the solution either, and it is very strange that people trust me this way since I feel like in many instances I'm less competent than them, but I can "say the right words" or something like this. I think smilingeyes described his ENTj phase in a similar way, that is feeling like people were accepting his guidance without any motivation from their side, and without any skill or knowledge from his.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to this inversely. It can really help me if someone can provide motivation. My most crippling problem is my inability to act (for rather long periods of time).

I don't know if I provide any direction for anyone though. I don't know what I provide to others.

If you are ENTj, it would make sense that you help others with as it's your creative function.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I can relate to this inversely. It can really help me if someone can provide motivation. My most crippling problem is my inability to act (for rather long periods of time).

I don't know if I provide any direction for anyone though. I don't know what I provide to others.

If you are ENTj, it would make sense that you help others with as it's your creative function.
    I see my INFp friend doing it too, even though he has some difficulty when there's the Te involved in giving the direction. For example he's very good at explaining historical facts in a "directed" way when somebody just knows all the events.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Se types asking for Ni direction

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Ni types has the ability to know what the solution is (but is uncertain on how to exactly implement).
    That's typical of me. And the discrepancy between the theoretical and the practical level is very obvious in my case.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just sounds like tactics vs. strategists to me.

And I wouldn't use homework for examples of anything related to Socionics because any type can be good or bad at any type of homework. It has more to do with "book smarts" than type.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

And I wouldn't use homework for examples of anything related to Socionics because any type can be good or bad at any type of homework. It has more to do with "book smarts" than type.
    LoL, I was waiting for your comeback. No, I clearly said that both of us are good at different parts of homework. That's what types are about - strenghts in different areas. Now keep on denying this too.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to debate this homework thing with you. It's irrelevant. The point is:

I think one of the core topics of Se-Ni interaction is that the Se type has the skill to execute tasks, and the Ni types has the ability to know what the solution is (but is uncertain on how to exactly implement).
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to debate this homework thing with you. It's irrelevant. The point is:

I think one of the core topics of Se-Ni interaction is that the Se type has the skill to execute tasks, and the Ni types has the ability to know what the solution is (but is uncertain on how to exactly implement).
    Sounds like it's easily interpretable and vague and therefore useless to try to interpret.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to add that SLEs have posited me the same kind of requests, which made me ditch the consideration of its relation to the tactics vs strategy dichotomy.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly

Sounds like it's easily interpretable and vague and therefore useless to try to interpret.
    indeed
    SEE