Thread: -

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 02:17 AM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: attempt to correlate unwarranted mood swings to P/J or S

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Aushra correlated it to P/J (fact).
    What did she mean by "unwarranted mood swings"?

Please state the number of yeses and whether you are static or dynamic and rational or irrational. thanks.

1. periodically you become active, and you periodically feel yourselves sluggish, passive. Yes.
    2. from time to time you plan large plans, but while you are planning to carry them out, the desire is passed. Not generally.
    3. in you frequently there is the sharp change of mood without the obvious external reason: a good mood is changed by poor or vice versa. I don't know.
    4. you badly cope when hungry - rapidly you weaken, you become irritable. YES.
    5. your mood little depends on the external circumstances, more frequent it changes by itself. I don't know.
    6. you note the fluctuation of moods depending on the seasons of year. I don't know.
    7. it occurs, that in the process of friendly conversation or business contact you suddenly feel the sharp decrease in your activity. I don't think so?
    8. it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state. No.
    9. periodically you lose interest in everything. I'm not sure what this means.
    10. you sleep usually tightly, but you sometimes have nightmares. There are physical factors that contribute to how soundly someone sleeps.
    11. you work in bursts: either you work for a lot and for relatively long, or you do nothing. For the most part.
    12. frequently appears mood that you can displace mountains, but frequently you don't accomplish even most necessary. Yes.
    rational, dynamic
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please state the number of yeses and whether you are static or dynamic and rational or irrational. thanks.
    8 'yeses'; dynamic; irrational.
    [Stormy] [LII]

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. periodically you become active, and you periodically feel yourselves sluggish, passive.
    No, J, dynamic

2. from time to time you plan large plans, but while you are planning to carry them out, the desire is passed.
    Yes, J, dynamic

3. in you frequently there is the sharp change of mood without the obvious external reason: a good mood is changed by poor or vice versa.
    No, J, dynamic

4. you badly cope when hungry - rapidly you weaken, you become irritable.
    Yes, J, dynamic

5. your mood little depends on the external circumstances, more frequent it changes by itself.
    No

6. you note the fluctuation of moods depending on the seasons of year.
    Yes

7. it occurs, that in the process of friendly conversation or business contact you suddenly feel the sharp decrease in your activity.
    No

8. it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state.
    No

9. periodically you lose interest in everything.
    No

10. you sleep usually tightly, but you sometimes have nightmares.
    No

11. you work in bursts: either you work for a lot and for relatively long, or you do nothing.
    Yes

12. frequently appears mood that you can displace mountains, but frequently you don't accomplish even most necessary.
    I'd say, sometimes I displace mountains, and sometimes I don't accomplish even most necessary.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    mood swings out of the blue.
    out of the blue to whom?

to the viewer who was oblivious to the signs that things were heading that way?
    to the swinger who was oblivious to the signs that things were heading that way?
    to the viewer who mis-anticipated the direction the mood would go?
    to the swinger who mis-anticipated their limit and/or the direction their mood would go in the situation?
    to the viewer who's own personal criteria calls it unwarranted?
    to the swinger who's own personal criteria calls it unwarranted?
    to the viewer who was unaware of the limits of the other person's previous mood?
    to the swinger who was unaware of their own limits?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking something somewhat similar... "out of the blue" could mean different things to different people, and just because you don't know the reason for someone's mood swing doesn't mean there isn't one.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    mood swings out of the blue.
    out of the blue to whom?

to the viewer who was oblivious to the signs that things were heading that way?
    to the swinger who was oblivious to the signs that things were heading that way?
    to the viewer who mis-anticipated the direction the mood would go?
    to the swinger who mis-anticipated their limit and/or the direction their mood would go in the situation?
    to the viewer who's own personal criteria calls it unwarranted?
    to the swinger who's own personal criteria calls it unwarranted?
    to the viewer who was unaware of the limits of the other person's previous mood?
    to the swinger who was unaware of their own limits?
    come on!!!!!!!! lol
    use your freaking common sense, lady!! lol
    between you and i, i'm the only one who IS using common sense

"unwarranted mood swings" is a loaded and arbitrary phrase...kind of like the question "is murder wrong" when the term "murder" already carries the definition of "wrongful killing".
    I was just giving you an example of just how loaded and arbitrary it is.

To a J type, any mood swing will likely be judged "unwarranted"...even if it was their own mood swinging.
    To a P type, most "mood swings" are normal and have triggers and thus are not necessarily considered by that person to be "unwarranted" nor "out of the blue".
    The list I gave above shows various reasons for why someone's mood may swing "unwarrantedly" or seemingly "out of the blue".

I'm sick of people (not saying you) saying that someone's mood (including mine) is unwarranted simply because the speaker was oblivious to the signs/patterns...or worse...because the speaker themselves weren't feeling that way so why should the swinger?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and please behave yourself. you are not the only one here on this thread and there are plenty of people who would not have problems participating.
    Says the guy who pulls just about every thread he posts in off track by saying nonsensical things that he initially thinks relate or by flat out changing the topic of conversation to debate something totally unrelated to the thread.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aushra correlated it to P/J (fact).

Taken from a predeveloped test on the abovementioned indicator.
    link?

my thoughts on these questions (which you say come from aushra so aren't criticisms of dee's person)

1. periodically you become active, and you periodically feel yourselves sluggish, passive. this can apply to both P types and J types as well as various psychological disorders yes

2. from time to time you plan large plans, but while you are planning to carry them out, the desire is passed. a lot of people get ideas that they don't carry out for whatever reason, and the phrase "from time to time" is one of those forer effect phrases yes

3. in you frequently there is the sharp change of mood without the obvious external reason: a good mood is changed by poor or vice versa. moods are generally (if not all) altered by triggers, whether or not those triggers are known are a different story yes

4. you badly cope when hungry - rapidly you weaken, you become irritable.this would be a physiological effect and thus not applicable to P nor J yes

5. your mood little depends on the external circumstances, more frequent it changes by itself.this question is almost identical to the one above referring to "without the obvious external reason" in that the mood altered to a trigger, whether or not that trigger was known yes

6. you note the fluctuation of moods depending on the seasons of year.there's some kind of seasonal disorder thing in which the body physiologically responds to reduced sunlight..or something like that...but it's a physiological trigger and thus applicable to both P and J types...there are other reasons too for why seasonal changes can affect moods...such as hobby/sports being seasonally available leaving off seasons as times of lethargy/depression/etc yes

7. it occurs, that in the process of friendly conversation or business contact you suddenly feel the sharp decrease in your activity. yes... I've never been sure how much of it was due to being EP, FiP, or disorder related

8. it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state.various things including environment, physical health, psychological health, etc can affect this, i do not believe that this is type related at all refuse to answer due to feeling it's a stupid question for testing P/J

9. periodically you lose interest in everything. mostly due to possible depression or psychological disorders which is NOT P/J related yes

10. you sleep usually tightly, but you sometimes have nightmares. how could this even be related to P/J?? yes

11. you work in bursts: either you work for a lot and for relatively long, or you do nothing. yes, very much so, and i've gotten into lots of trouble for this, too

12. frequently appears mood that you can displace mountains, but frequently you don't accomplish even most necessary. yes (though not sure how type related it is)...combined with 11 and one can imagine just how much trouble/problems it's brought on.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. periodically you become active, and you periodically feel yourselves sluggish, passive.
    2. from time to time you plan large plans, but while you are planning to carry them out, the desire is passed.
    3. in you frequently there is the sharp change of mood without the obvious external reason: a good mood is changed by poor or vice versa.
    4. you badly cope when hungry - rapidly you weaken, you become irritable.
    5. your mood little depends on the external circumstances, more frequent it changes by itself.
    6. you note the fluctuation of moods depending on the seasons of year.
    7. it occurs, that in the process of friendly conversation or business contact you suddenly feel the sharp decrease in your activity.
    8. it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state.
    9. periodically you lose interest in everything.
    10. you sleep usually tightly, but you sometimes have nightmares.
    11. you work in bursts: either you work for a lot and for relatively long, or you do nothing.
    12. frequently appears mood that you can displace mountains, but frequently you don't accomplish even most necessary.

Irrational, dynamic.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. periodically you become active, and you periodically feel yourselves sluggish, passive. YES
    2. from time to time you plan large plans, but while you are planning to carry them out, the desire is passed. YES
    3. in you frequently there is the sharp change of mood without the obvious external reason: a good mood is changed by poor or vice versa. YES
    4. you badly cope when hungry - rapidly you weaken, you become irritable. YES
    5. your mood little depends on the external circumstances, more frequent it changes by itself. NO
    6. you note the fluctuation of moods depending on the seasons of year. YES
    7. it occurs, that in the process of friendly conversation or business contact you suddenly feel the sharp decrease in your activity. YES
    8. it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state. YES X 10, WHY IS THIS? SOMEONE ELABORATE.
    9. periodically you lose interest in everything. YES
    10. you sleep usually tightly, but you sometimes have nightmares. NO
    11. you work in bursts: either you work for a lot and for relatively long, or you do nothing. YES
    12. frequently appears mood that you can displace mountains, but frequently you don't accomplish even most necessary. YES

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state. YES X 10, WHY IS THIS? SOMEONE ELABORATE.
    This could have much to do with your blood sugar levels. Do you usually crave either sugar, starch, or alcohol in the evenings?
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state. YES X 10, WHY IS THIS? SOMEONE ELABORATE.
    This could have much to do with your blood sugar levels. Do you usually crave either sugar, starch, or alcohol in the evenings?
    I don't really have any cravings for food or alcohol but maybe it has to do with the fact that I've been basically getting zero carbs for the last 3 years. I have a very limited diet so maybe that plays a role. It's been getting worse lately.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol is the super-carb.
    [hr:9c2c4a853a]
    Are you struggling with blood sugar instability and stress?
    • 4 Crave a lift from sweets or alcohol, but later experience a drop in energy and mood after ingesting them
      3 Dizzy, weak, or headachy, especially if meals are delayed
      4 Family history of diabetes, hypoglycemia, or alcoholism
      3 Nervous, jittery, irritable on and off throughout the day; calmer after meals
      3 Crying spells
      3 Mental confusion, decreased memory
      3 Heart palpitations, rapid pulse
      4 Frequent thirst
      3 Night sweats (not menopausal)
      5 Sores on legs that take a long time to heal
      4 Crave salty foods
      4 Often feel stressed, overwhelmed
      4 Dark circles under eyes
      4 More awake at night

Total Score ____________
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol is the super-carb.
    [hr:bdae4970a4]
    Are you struggling with blood sugar instability and stress?
    • 4 Crave a lift from sweets or alcohol, but later experience a drop in energy and mood after ingesting them
      3 Dizzy, weak, or headachy, especially if meals are delayed
      4 Family history of diabetes, hypoglycemia, or alcoholism
      3 Nervous, jittery, irritable on and off throughout the day; calmer after meals
      3 Crying spells
      3 Mental confusion, decreased memory
      3 Heart palpitations, rapid pulse
      4 Frequent thirst
      3 Night sweats (not menopausal)
      5 Sores on legs that take a long time to heal
      4 Crave salty foods
      4 Often feel stressed, overwhelmed
      4 Dark circles under eyes
      4 More awake at night

Total Score ____________
    I scored a 36

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ jessica: make sure you don't die from it.
    lol, i'll try not to.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

1. periodically you become active, and you periodically feel yourselves sluggish, passive. yes
    2. from time to time you plan large plans, but while you are planning to carry them out, the desire is passed. yes
    3. in you frequently there is the sharp change of mood without the obvious external reason: a good mood is changed by poor or vice versa. not really
    4. you badly cope when hungry - rapidly you weaken, you become irritable. occasionally
    5. your mood little depends on the external circumstances, more frequent it changes by itself. yes
    6. you note the fluctuation of moods depending on the seasons of year. yes
    7. it occurs, that in the process of friendly conversation or business contact you suddenly feel the sharp decrease in your activity. not suddenly, but it does happen eventually...I'll say no
    8. it occurs so that you lay to sleep in a good mood, and in the morning you arise in the depressed, dissatisfied state. yes, and vice versa
    9. periodically you lose interest in everything. either yes or no...
    10. you sleep usually tightly, but you sometimes have nightmares. yes
    11. you work in bursts: either you work for a lot and for relatively long, or you do nothing. yes
    12. frequently appears mood that you can displace mountains, but frequently you don't accomplish even most necessary. yes
    So, 8.5 Yeses, and I'm a Rational Static.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Yeses, static, irrational.
    10 years ago I would have scored quite differently. In my opinion, the general emotional tone of a person's life can change quite a bit, affecting how "moody" they appear to themselves and others and whether or not they are able to effectively do what they have set out to do regardless of mood interference, or whether they relate to this whole topic in general.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    10 years ago I would have scored quite differently. In my opinion, the general emotional tone of a person's life can change quite a bit, affecting how "moody" they appear to themselves and others and whether or not they are able to effectively do what they have set out to do regardless of mood interference, or whether they relate to this whole topic in general.
    Definitely. The more I exercise, the less "yes", for example.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm dynamic, irrational.

7 yeses.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scored a 36
    lol

That's exactly what I often score, too. And I freak out if I don't eat when I should (which happens a lot lol). There are a couple supplements I take that really help though. I had run out a while ago and didn't get around to buying more until today. Send me a PM if you want me to tell you about it.
    SEE

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

static, irrational: 11 AVG 11
    static, rational: 8.5 AVG 8.5
    dynamic, irrational: 10, 3, 8, 7, 6 AVG 6.8
    dynamic, rational: 7, 4.5 AVG 5.75

how are static rationals more volatile in mood that dynamic irrationals lol?
    Maybe it's because I'm actually a ISFp pretending to be a INTj for kicks?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12/12
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sense with regard to what? I'm certainly irrational; that seems to match up.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I answered yes to every one except 6 and 10