Thread: School killings = ISTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default School killings = ISTp

yomama
    Last edited by betterthandead; 08-02-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this guy who was planning on bombing my college a few years ago was istp.

Also ex-boyfriend istp thought school killings were humorus. He was obsessed with weapons and sniper stuff, and would talk about bombing our school (wasn't seriously going to do it, but he would talk about it). This freaked me out.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Virginia Tech guy? No way. Personally I couldn't picture an ISTP caring enough to do such a thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry but i think steve beat you to it. he claimed they were all ENTp here.

i think i have more of a jessica impression. judging by the few ISTps i've known, i can't imagine an ISTp really caring this much to put forth an orchestrated crazy effort like these guys. although these threads always come up where people go on about ISTps smashing out their ex-lovers car windows, becoming patrick bateman/american psycho types, etc. i think the point i'm trying to make is that a lot of people can do horrible things. to label one type as "most likely to plan a school shooting" is just not really, eh, whatever.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    The Virginia Tech guy? No way. Personally I couldn't picture an ISTP caring enough to do such a thing.
    Yeah, I actually think VT guy was ENTP. Maybe ISTP would plan it or talk about it, but not follow through? ENTP more likely to follow through?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's all about follow through.

I feel like off-ing people everyday but meh, too much work.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read the zip file from the finnish school shooter, which he made himself, he has the same ideas and motives as eric harris (columbine shooter).

They both have clear anti social personality disorder (talking about being evolved further then the rest of mankind / having selfawareness, they also like the process of natural selection) Eric Harris was evaluated as antisocial by the FBI.

Eric Harris is probably an ISTP, but the finnish guy is more philosophical. Maybe INTP.

Virginia Tech was probably ISTP too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's all about follow through.

I feel like off-ing people everyday but meh, too much work.
    Yep.

I find it hilarious people would actually think the VTech guy was an ISTp. I mean, did you SEE the videos? The guy's rattling off about philosophy, religion, how much scum man was. Real ISTp's wouldn't give a fuck. Just cuz he went off capping people in the face doesn't mean anything about his personality type.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't speak for others, but generally i'm very apathetic when it comes to politics. Same office, new monkey suit for me.

And I DO care about philosophy and religion, I just don't care about endlessly discussing aspects of it, like some of the philosophy and theology majors at my college.

Seriously, once talk turns to one of those topics for too long I can hear a hamster in my head spinning a wheel. It's utterly dull.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Hey question -- are ISTps in general kind of apolitical? Where they just don't get into that kind of thing at all? Do they tend to not talk about politics, religion, philosophy because they don't care at all about those things?
    I couldn't care less about those things. Talk about them and I tune you out.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, never knew that about ISTps in regards to not really liking the hash & re-hash of topics that I really like to ramble on about I think ISTps are really misrepresented, eh. It's kinda funny how the real ISTps here keep saying that they wouldn't even give a fuck cause it would be too much work ... lmao. I never knew you guys thought that way ... are you more into just going with the flow, keeping the peace sort of thing? Is this dominant related, this "too much work, eh whatever" type of thinking?

And yeah, good & bad people of ALL types.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Wow, never knew that about ISTps in regards to not really liking the hash & re-hash of topics that I really like to ramble on about I think ISTps are really misrepresented, eh. It's kinda funny how the real ISTps here keep saying that they wouldn't even give a fuck cause it would be too much work ... lmao. I never knew you guys thought that way ... are you more into just going with the flow, keeping the peace sort of thing? Is this dominant related, this "too much work, eh whatever" type of thinking?

And yeah, good & bad people of ALL types.
    yeah, im really focused on energy efficiency. and going with the flow is just something i do i guess, i don't really know any other way unless im in a situation i dont like.

And it seems EVERYONE here loves to keep rehashing for pages on end.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definetly go-with-the-flow. I have a verrrry quick temper but it lasts as quickly as it came as I generally don't care to let things bother me too long. I could never picture myself locked in my room planning how I'm going to shoot people up. Hell no, who cares...move on.

I don't know how on earth these "school shooters" got typed ISTP. They seem just about the complete opposite in my opinion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way. Personally I couldn't picture an ISTP caring enough to do such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i can't imagine an ISTp really caring this much to put forth an orchestrated crazy effort like these guys.
    You 'd be surprised how any type can engage in actions of such character and extent, given the right circumstances.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i lived in south central los angeles all my life. all i got was a computer. and socks. i really doubt im spoiled.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead
    that's cause you're an ISTP Ho. ISTP Hos are different from ISTP Dudes. Who don't get banged left and right or loved left and right.

Definetly go-with-the-flow. I have a verrrry quick temper but it lasts as quickly as it came as I generally don't care to let things bother me too long. I could never picture myself locked in my room planning how I'm going to shoot people up. Hell no, who cares...move on.

I don't know how on earth these "school shooters" got typed ISTP. They seem just about the complete opposite in my opinion.
    I didn't realize you were 10.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no point in typing mentally deficient people, case in point - betterthandead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tunes Winterpark

I know a couple of ISTPs who always seem on the verge of suicide and they might take out some bystanders if it seemed appropriate but for the most part they just do their own thing and feel sorry for themselves even while pushing away people who could potentially care about them.

The only things I can think of that would start and ISTP on a killing rampage is 1) they are a psychopath that has a death wish and sees it as a challenge or 2) they are a psychopath that wants to get even with someone (or some system/entity) that did them wrong. Even in that case it would seem likely they would go for the responsible parties, the decision makers instead of the peons. But then at that point who knows. Everyone may seem responsible.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty depressed to me. Yikes.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    2) they are a psychopath that wants to get even with someone (or some system/entity) that did them wrong.
    So are you saying that if I wanted to get even with someone that has done me wrong then I am a psychopath?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any type person could go on a killing rampage. Not type related. Maybe they'd behave differently during the rampage? LOL I have no idea. But that's an issue of mental instability, not type.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    sorry but i think steve beat you to it. he claimed they were all ENTp here.

i think i have more of a jessica impression. judging by the few ISTps i've known, i can't imagine an ISTp really caring this much to put forth an orchestrated crazy effort like these guys. although these threads always come up where people go on about ISTps smashing out their ex-lovers car windows, becoming patrick bateman/american psycho types, etc. i think the point i'm trying to make is that a lot of people can do horrible things. to label one type as "most likely to plan a school shooting" is just not really, eh, whatever.
    sorry but rick beat you and steve to it last july. and consider also that steve is the guy that thinks steve somers is ILE.

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=4804

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    2) they are a psychopath that wants to get even with someone (or some system/entity) that did them wrong.
    So are you saying that if I wanted to get even with someone that has done me wrong then I am a psychopath?
    well first......why do you ask?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cause I think it's normal to seek revenge? And if someone does something wrong and hurtful to me and/or my family you can be sure I will not hesitate to strike back accordingly, no matter what the consequences. Now you might think otherwise, of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cause I think it's normal to seek revenge? And if someone does something wrong and hurtful to me and/or my family you can be sure I will not hesitate to strike back accordingly, no matter what the consequences. Now you might think otherwise, of course.
    I understand, but in this context I was thinking about someone who takes their rage out on society. In other words, blowing up a building full of people because the accounting dept (in the building) screwed you out of a weeks paycheck, or upper management fired you or something along those lines.
    I used to want to get revenge on anyone who messed with me but in the end I decided it was counterproductive. I will protect myself and my family but I dont even know if its really possible to get even without damaging myself or another innocent in the process.
    Ive been so serious lately. Sorry if I come off like a moralizing prick. I dont know whats happen to my happy-go-lucky spirit.
    I now return you to your featured presentation :wink:

Topaz

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps can be very emotional. Once they bottle up negative emotions, it must come out in some way eventually. I think that it's hard for them to let go of some feelings, and I even feel like I'm spooning out stuff from them since that's the only they'll express them. I guess ENFps have a way of helping them in this regard... All the unresolved negative feelings might cause ISTps to go crazy, but the whole planning and stuff just isn't like the ones I know.

Winterpark Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topaz wrote:
    Winterpark wrote:
    Topaz wrote:

IMO: I think that everyone should get their just desserts, but it doesn't have to be in the same way that it was dealt to you. I think it's terrible how some families keep vendetas, especially in this country I don't remember where some members of the family (like kids) don't even leave the house out of fear of being killed by the other family. In "normal" countries high levels of wrong are solved by the law, but the smaller ones are tricky. I try not to hold feelings of hatred toward people who have wronged me, for some reason I don't really know yet