View Poll Results: Do you get a vibe from forum posts?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes. I'm NT.

10 35.71%
  • yes. I'm NF.

10 35.71%
  • yes. I'm ST.

3 10.71%
  • yes. I'm SF.

1 3.57%
  • I get a relatively weak vibe.

2 7.14%
  • I don't get any vibe.

2 7.14%

Thread: vibe from post

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default vibe from post

When you read forum posts, do you get a feeling or a vibe? Maybe a vibe of the personality of the writer or the mindset of the writer from when the person was writing the post. Typical example is the so-called "type vibe".

I don't mean understanding the very obvious mood like when the person has used plenty of smilies to show that she is sad or she says that she is sad. :wink:
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I think it's based on writing style. The style usually stays consistent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    Yup, I think it's based on writing style. The style usually stays consistent.
    definitely, and i agree.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get vibes from people's posts, but it sort of just tells me what questions to ask... or guides me in a particular direction... I don't think it is always spot on or anything. A good example would be Ezra... When I saw the video of Ezra, he wasn't quite the way I imagined him to be based off of his posts. I thought I detected a lot of sort of energy in his posts... but on the video he was obviously not an ethical type as far as I could tell. So the vibe off his posts in and of itself wasn't sufficient. On the other hand, when I saw Scarlett's video that was in line with what how I thought she might be in her posts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think vibes are the most important thing anybody can use to determine someone's type.

For instance, if you had 16 people each with different types, and you had to record them each saying the same thing, the only thing you can determine fom that video would be their vibe. So it's not only the word choice of types and syntactical way of saying things.. well maybe syntax is important, not entirely sure, but vibes are important.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: vibe from post

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    When you read forum posts, do you get a feeling or a vibe? Maybe a vibe of the personality of the writer or the mindset of the writer from when the person was writing the post. Typical example is the so-called "type vibe".

I don't mean understanding the very obvious mood like when the person has used plenty of smilies to show that she is sad or she says that she is sad. :wink:
    I don't think so... or if I do, it's overshadowed by my prejudice towards how a person actually writes. For example, the structure of their writing, spelling, whether or not they use correct grammar and punctuation, etc.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This poll has either attracted many NFs or the forum distribution of clubs is very much skewed. I hadn't realized the forum has mostly NF members.

and I wonder what function causes the vibe. I would have said Fe, but it wouldn't make sense now with everyone saying they get a vibe.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I get vibes... In fact, I try to eliminate everything that isn't 'vibe' from my input where typing is concerned. Arguments and methods always fall second to intuition.

I'd say every person on earth picks up these 'vibes', and we get them on many more things than just humans. A vibe is what I believe to be simply the recogition of a conclusion reached by a part of the brain that is not immediately embedded in the upper structure. You could call it a 'subconscious' conclusion. I personally don't think it has anything to do with socionics' intuition function, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weak vibe
    LSI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    This poll has either attracted many NFs or the forum distribution of clubs is very much skewed. I hadn't realized the forum has mostly NF members.

and I wonder what function causes the vibe. I would have said Fe, but it wouldn't make sense now with everyone saying they get a vibe.
    try again. the presence of a "vibe" is not tempered by Fe and probably has nothing to do with type. the information contained within it and how the vibe is treated might perhaps be relevant details, but the way you've phrased this poll is incredibly general.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I defintiely get vibes from different posts and forum members. I find that it initially starts off weak and difficult to define but over time after reading enough of one person's writing it's natural to come to intuitive conclusions (another way of saying vibe?)
    INFp-Ni