Thread: Asperger subtypes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asperger subtypes

I found that while searching on Google and by taking the cache, this text was taken from a video posted on YouTube, and posted it on an aspie forum.

Spielberg type - Sociable, often likes sports, somewhat extroverted, has quite a few friends, usually has an average IQ, spelling and grammar often quite poor. People can be surprised to find that this person is on the autism spectrum.

Einstein type - Intellectual, high IQ, likely to be skilled on computers, excellent grammar and spelling, likes to be known as an expert on their chosen special interest. May become argumentative with others who they feel are less knowledgable than they are.

Powell type - Aggressive, possibly has PTSD or BPD, intelligent, hostile in general and can become violent at times. May use drugs in order to relieve their stress. Very often been bullied in school, and feels that they must be strong and a fighter in order to survive in life.

Numan type - Daydreamer, often spaces out, finds other people very hard to understand, and finds they are very often misunderstood. Has many dreams and plans, finds it very, very hard to bond with people. Possibly has bipolar.

Morrissey type - Fantasises a lot, feels very separated from people, may have a schizophrenia diagnosis, likes art and creativity especially. Feels a connection with other times in history, feels like a completely unique person inside. Can often be called an 'Alien' by others.

Nicholls type - Hyperactive, energetic, extrovert, tries to make friends often, has no trouble making friends, but then finds them hard to keep for any length of time. People may complain that they are irritating, such as family members, or that they are immature and childish. May be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. Likes to talk to people, and does not have a lot of social fear.

Carroll type - Passive, very introverted, quiet, shy, very deeply involved in special interests, having friends or relationships is always secondary to special interests. Appears calm outside, showing little emotion, but can be anxious inside. Prefers to keep all emotions subdued publically. Very likely to be bullied in school, very rarely gets angry or aggressive.

Warhol type - Extremely confident, to the point of egocentricity. Thinks highly of themselves, and thinks that others should too. Has many ideas, and feels that the world misunderstands them. Likes to monologue excessively. Often friendly in formal settings. If problems occur, they can become revengeful and bitter in life. Could have NPD traits

Therefore, not all aspies are ILI...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Asperger subtypes

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Powell type - Aggressive, possibly has PTSD or BPD, intelligent, hostile in general and can become violent at times. May use drugs in order to relieve their stress. Very often been bullied in school, and feels that they must be strong and a fighter in order to survive in life.

Warhol type - Extremely confident, to the point of egocentricity. Thinks highly of themselves, and thinks that others should too. Has many ideas, and feels that the world misunderstands them. Likes to monologue excessively. Often friendly in formal settings. If problems occur, they can become revengeful and bitter in life. Could have NPD traits
    [/font]
    These two are most relevant to me; in essence, if I was to be Asperger's, it would be one of these, most likely the top one with bits of the second.. The top type is most likely SLE. The second... probably SEE, but I don't know.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are decidedly more like the second, from my perspective.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra

[/font]
    These two are most relevant to me; in essence, if I was to be Asperger's, it would be one of these, most likely the top one with bits of the second.. The top type is most likely SLE. The second... probably SEE, but I don't know.
    If you're 8 or cp65, you're more relating to Powell. If you're 3 or cp67, to Warhol.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I would be a Morrissey or a Carroll.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd probably be somewhere between Warhol and Numan.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicholls type - Hyperactive, energetic, extrovert, tries to make friends often, has no trouble making friends, but then finds them hard to keep for any length of time. People may complain that they are irritating, such as family members, or that they are immature and childish. May be diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. Likes to talk to people, and does not have a lot of social fear.
    I'm like this except a little more shy irl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You are decidedly more like the second, from my perspective.
    Well, the world certainly doesn't misunderstand me, and I don't have any reason to think particularly highly of myself, nor do I think others should. As for the first, I think it's highly unlikely that I have PTSD, and only possible that I have BPD, I'm not violent, I don't use drugs, and I wasn't bullied at school any more than the average child is in their life (I'm talking about name-calling when I was 5).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're 8 or cp65, you're more relating to Powell. If you're 3 or cp67, to Warhol.
    I highly doubt any 6w7, phobic or counterphobic would relate well to Warhol. 3w4 (perhaps 4w3) fits Warhol.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

einstein type + numan type = normal type

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt any 6w7, phobic or counterphobic would relate well to Warhol. 3w4 (perhaps 4w3) fits Warhol.
    I have known an LIE-cp67 guy that seems to fit Warhol.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have known an LIE-cp67 guy that seems to fit Warhol.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be a Nicholls or Warhol.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very funny thing about Aspies (source http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndrome_d'Asperger ) :

In the french Wikipedia article on AS, it says :

"Plusieurs représentations conceptuelles ont été récemment proposées pour rendre compte du syndrome d'Asperger. Parmi elles :
    * une anomalie de la Théorie de l'esprit : le syndrome d'Asperger serait une difficulté à se représenter les intentions d'autrui (Uta Frith et Simon Baron-Cohen).
    * un cerveau "hypermasculin" : le syndrome d'Asperger serait marqué par une forte amplification des traits habituels du cerveau masculin (Simon Baron-Cohen)."

Check at the second line. It means :

"Many conceptual representations were recently put forward to give an account of Asperger Syndrome. Among those :
    * (...)
    * an HYPERMASCULINE brain : Asperger Syndrome would be definited by a strong amplification of usual traits of masculine brain (...)."

lololol this is funny enough to be translated...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carroll type - Passive, very introverted, quiet, shy, very deeply involved in special interests, having friends or relationships is always secondary to special interests. Appears calm outside, showing little emotion, but can be anxious inside. Prefers to keep all emotions subdued publically. Very likely to be bullied in school, very rarely gets angry or aggressive.

I know... knew... a 1w9 LSI who was a composite of these types. I stumbled upon an aspie forum one day and voila - c'est lui. His monologues were reserved for ego-massaging, trangressor-trashing, morality-spewing blogs, but... same thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carroll and Warhol are not compatible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do not conflict.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We hear a lot about varieties of behavioral conduct, but very little of what the processes are that produce them. I'm still waiting for a theoretical system that actually discusses the fundamentals of behavior in a way that are distinct from each other. When someone can describe to me, by introspection and questioning, as Jung and Augusta did respectively, the fundamental processes which drive selections of behavior -- e.g., the substance of choice -- then I will accept it hook, line, and sinker, and never look back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spielberg type = E2

Einstein type = E5

Powell type = E8

Numan type = E4

Morrissey type = E5

Nicholls type = E7

Carroll type = E9

Warhol type = E3 + E6

E1 is lacking... this is strange, where does E1 fit !?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least one of them is right.