Thread: Need Wikisocion advice (Te needed!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need Wikisocion advice (Te needed!)

I've been reading the Wikisocion lately and so want to contribute the Filatova type descriptions to it. So I logged in, went to the Type Descriptions page and clicked "edit" but then froze with fear as I've never contributed anything to it before and am afraid of fucking it up. I know that somewhere on that site there's likely answers to all these questions but when I was looking for them I ended up at the FAQ where all the special code configurations scared me away and because this was weeks ago I think that if I don't get advice I'll just end up putting it off again and again. (I think it's my Te-PoLR).

a) I plan to copy/paste the 16 descriptions individually in the "Type descriptions" section, but then there's subcategories etc. so is this the right section?

b) Also the "Summary" box is where I type the titles right?

c) What would be the best way to title the Filatova types (from an organizational sense)? i.e. SLE description (Filatova) vs. Filatova ESTp description ?

d) I realize that I translated all the descriptions from 'machine translated' Russian-English to 'readable' English and that some people might rightly question my choices of words/sentence structure in the future. Should I include the original machine translated versions with each type description? Separate? At all?

e) Anything else I should know? (especially from people that have contributed numerous things, any tips?)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will start one, then you can go on from there -- just give me some minutes.

EDIT: thanks
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Need Wikisocion advice (Te needed!)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    I've been reading the Wikisocion lately and so want to contribute the Filatova type descriptions to it. So I logged in, went to the Type Descriptions page and clicked "edit" but then froze with fear as I've never contributed anything to it before and am afraid of fucking it up. I know that somewhere on that site there's likely answers to all these questions but when I was looking for them I ended up at the FAQ where all the special code configurations scared me away and because this was weeks ago I think that if I don't get advice I'll just end up putting it off again and again. (I think it's my Te-PoLR).

b) Also the "Summary" box is where I type the titles right?
    no. the summary box is for edit summaries (i.e. write "in this edit, i copied and pasted a description").

the title should be the name of the article. sections of the article can be denoted as ==section== with ===subsection=== and =====subsubsection=====.

c) What would be the best way to title the Filatova types (from an organizational sense)? i.e. SLE description (Filatova) vs. Filatova ESTp description ?
    precedent from the stratiyevskaya and socioscope translations suggests that you should place the articles in [[Category: Filatova descriptions]] rather than [[Category: Type descriptions]], and call them [[Filatova SLE]].

if you did something different, it would of course disturb the balance of the universe and mean the coming of the apocalypse.

d) I realize that I translated all the descriptions from 'machine translated' Russian-English to 'readable' English and that some people might rightly question my choices of words/sentence structure in the future. Should I include the original machine translated versions with each type description? Separate? At all?
    i wouldn't bother.

e) Anything else I should know? (especially from people that have contributed numerous things, any tips?)
    you worry too much about formatting. its a wiki. if you fuck something up, somebody will eventually find it and fix it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I understood correctly, but from Ti PoV, just don't make a new section for the descriptions. Filatova descriptions are still socionics-compatible type descriptions, so add each one to the appropriate type article.

ESTp article.
    ego block
    superego block
    superid block id block
    Common social roles
    ESTp description by Filatova
    (starts with short standard few sentences of why this description is important)
    (and is followed by the article.)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have created a Category:Filatova descriptions, within Category:type descriptions, and I have started SLE:Filatova - this one can serve as template for the others.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wikisocion is approaching a chaotic web of articles. Shouldn't type descriptions be all together? So that when you luckily find your type article, you also find the description.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    wikisocion is approaching a chaotic web of articles. Shouldn't type descriptions be all together? So that when you luckily find your type article, you also find the description.
    They are together.

Look here:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...e_descriptions

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh. lol I never managed to find that before.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    oh. lol I never managed to find that before.
    It's the link "types" on the home page.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have more or less completed the whole SLE Filatova description, it still needs some formatting.

It can be used as template for the others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I have more or less completed the whole SLE Filatova description, it still needs some formatting.

It can be used as template for the others.
    Expat: thank-you it's exactly what I needed!
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Need Wikisocion advice (Te needed!)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

if you did something different, it would of course disturb the balance of the universe and mean the coming of the apocalypse.
    thanks for the tips they helped! just posted the ESE one and I almost did FUCK UP everything! in fact i think i did fuck up something but if i click the "edit" button one more time they'll find my corpse a contorted mess lol
    INFp-Ni